Splitter Wants to Play in the NBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splitter Wants to Play in the NBA

Josean Querejeta, president of Caja Laboral, admitted that Tiago Splitter wants to play next season in the NBA, where the San Antonio Spurs own his rights, and that it will be normal his departure to the United States. The 25-year-old Brazilian center, MVP of the last ACB league, has an opt-out clause to move to the NBA next summer, after averaging 14.2 points and 7.8. rebounds last season. Splitter has been a member of Caja Laboral since 2000.
    Source: The Hoops Market

Pick up the phone Colangelo!

I wouldnt be suprised if he would
    Just another overseas scrub in my mind :P

Comment

Spurs would be really stupid if they don't pick him up. He's got length and some serious skills. Give him a year or two and you might have a starting center.

Comment

For those interested here is an amateur scouting piece done by a Spurs blog/fan....

http://www.poundingtherock.com/2010/...couting-report

I had heard he was a bit of a softie but that was a couple of years ago.

Comment

INFO wrote: View Post
          I wouldnt be suprised if he would
          Just another overseas scrub in my mind :P
          Splitter is no scrub, you can quote me on it.

Comment

yeah, he's pretty good, watched a few Caja games....nice player...could be a starter one day...he's a rotation guy for sure...

Comment

The Raptors have nothing to offer outside of their lottery pick or a Bosh sign and trade that would be enough to convince San Antonio to give up Splitter.
              nbaroundtable

Comment

Remember this, the Spurs traded Luis Scola for Vassilis Spanoulis. Splitter may not come with a big price tag. He was a 28th overall selection after all.

Dave wrote: View Post
                The Raptors have nothing to offer outside of their lottery pick or a Bosh sign and trade that would be enough to convince San Antonio to give up Splitter.
                The Raptors have expiring contracts, 2nd round picks, Marco Belinelli, bird rights to Wright(S&T) and the rights to Georgios Printezis. Splitter isn't worth a 13th overall selection. No one would pay that much.
                Last edited by Apollo; Thu Jun 17, 2010, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X