This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amir Wants to Be Back in T.O

..Johnson made it clear – succinctly – that he could very well be a Raptor again once he becomes a free agent in July.

“Absolutely. I know I talked to Bryan Colangelo and he said he wanted to re-sign me 100 per cent so I guess we have to wait until July and see what happens.”
    He goes on to say..

“I’ll probably take my time with it, there’s no rush, I’m just going to keep on working hard."
    .. so not a done deal by no means, but it's encouraging that someone finally wants to stay here!

http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/

He has changed his tune.

Now he says he wants to stay but he will take his time. Before it was just I want to stay.

I think Duffy talked to him and said lets see what else is on the table before you take the plunge

No doubt that the Canadian side is much more beautiful than the American side
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Right now, looking around the league, if Bosh leaves I don't see him getting a better opportunity than Toronto. Maybe that's where the waiting comes into play? If Bosh is out he's totally sold, if Bosh stay then he would have to think a little longer about it all? If he comes back this year I think the worst case scenario would have him him coming third off the bench and getting 20-25 minutes. That's pretty good.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        Right now, looking around the league, if Bosh leaves I don't see him getting a better opportunity than Toronto. Maybe that's where the waiting comes into play? If Bosh is out he's totally sold, if Bosh stay then he would have to think a little longer about it all? If he comes back this year I think the worst case scenario would have him him coming third off the bench and getting 20-25 minutes. That's pretty good.
        Wiz
        =========
        How about the Wiz with his old coach Flip? in 2007-08 Flips last year in Detroit Johnson got lots of minutes for about three months and along with Stuckey and the rest of the Zoo crew became the best second unit in the league. Then Dumars added Ratliff because of his playoff experience. Then Flip got canned.

Right now the Wiz have only two bigs under contract McGee and Blatche.

Then there is John Wall.

Spurs
        ===================
        Pop might come calling again. McDyess is basically finished and Duncan isn't getting any younger.

Thunder
        ============
        Depends what the Thunder want to do with Green, Krstic and Collison. I think the only big for them at this point that is untouchable is Ibaka. Ibaka and Johnson would sure make a nice combo

Clippers
        ================
        He wouldn't get to start but he could be the first big off of the bench and get to run with Griffin. I doubt though that he would want to play in his home town, but one never knows.

There are probably a few more teams that offer some interesting possibilities for him. However, Johnson is pretty loyal and he is pretty close with DeRozan. Triano really like Johnson so there are a number of good and enticing reasons for him to stay on the Canadian side of the Falls.
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Audio interview. Click on link than on audio

Catching Up With Amir Johnson
          June 17, 2010

Here’s the audio clip of Amir Johnson chatting with the media this morning about his desire to sign with Toronto this summer, how much respect he has for Alex English and a host of topics.
          http://ht.ly/17MolP

So Johnson continues to work with English, now on his jump shooting. Well if anyone can teach a player how to shoot a jump shot it is English, that is for sure.

Comment

ya, sure he wants to stay but a certain amount of a certain symbol can be quite convincing...

If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
            X