This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Gay is a 23 year old, extremely athletic 6'9 small forward who averaged 19.6 ppg and 5.7 rpg and has All-Star potential. $8 million is about the price the average starter in the NBA makes. Bargnani makes $10 million a year, as does Turkoglu. LaMarcus Aldridge, who was drafted the same year and is around the same talent level, will make $10.7 million next season and his contract goes up to $15.2 million in five years.

If your argument is that players are vastly overpaid today, then I agree. If your argument is that Rudy Gay is not worth the same, or more, as Bargnani, Turkoglu and Aldridge, then you might be the one who is nuts.

Sorry, maybe nuts is the wrong word to use. I disagree though. Gay is playing on a bad team in the Grizz and if he's a potential all-star, then his numbers should have reflected that. I've followed Rudy's career for the most part (largely due to fantasy leagues) and I've seen the inconsistency he's had since he entered the league. I think you're giving him too much credit. Consider that the Grizzlies aren't even sold on him enough to have offered him an extension yet.
    In terms of the pay scale, I think Hedo and Aldridge have both earned their pay a bit more. Hedo had a bad season this year, but don't forget everything he did in the past that earned him that contract.
    Aldridge has been the starting 4 on a perennial playoff team since he entered the league and he's put up better and more consistent numbers than Gay.

Comment

What is everything that Hedo did in the past to earn that contract?

He has one very good, and one good season, in his entire 10 year career. What did he do? 20% of his career has been good, and this past season was just around his career averages. What did he do to earn $10m/yr?
      It's about money

Comment

Working...
      X