Disgusted, Embarrassed & Shocked No One Stood Up For Bosh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disgusted, Embarrassed & Shocked No One Stood Up For Bosh

I usually don't agree with Doug, but he couldn't be more right this morning. Let the team and the players have it. Its different when its people like you or I are expressing the same sentiments on a message board or blog, but when one of the more focal Raptors beat writers start talking about it I hope someone from the team is taking it in.

I don’t imagine there’s a sane-thinking person in the world who isn’t (a) disgusted or (b) embarrassed or (c) shocked that no one – NO ONE – even bothered to take a menacing step towards Paul Pierce after he kneed Chris Bosh in the groin and then took a second to stand over him and taunt after dunking on him in the fourth quarter last night.

I guess I should add (d) surprised to that list because it’s been a flaw with this team for eons, that lack of toughness.

Now, I’m not advocating fighting or something ridiculous like that but some finger-pointing, yelling, gesturing or just letting him know that kind of punk move is unacceptable would have been in order.

It was Rasho, Turkolgu, Jose and Jack who were on the floor at the time of the play and one of them should have done something and that was pointed out in just about every story after the game.

What I want to see is if all this talk is cheap or not. This kind of thing will happen again, I’m sure, because teams know they can get away with it and I’m wondering just how these guys will react when it does.

Will they cower? Or actually do something to stand up for a teammate?
    Source - Click here

If Bosh doesn't start acting like a leader instead of someone looking for a $130 million contract, no one will ever stand up for him.
    The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

Leader of the Raptor Pack

I have to agree with brothersteve. I'm upset that no one came to Bosh's defence other than the coaches, but I'm also skeptical that Bosh would have come to anyone else's defence in the same situation.

I'm starting to wonder if the Raptors leader is lacking the respect from his teammates.

Troubling signs to say the least.

Comment

Bosh has to be the first one to come to his defense. He's a 6'10" PF who bulked up over the summer, is he expecting Bargnani or Turkoglu or Jack to stand up for him? C'mon man, nobody will defend you if even you don't think you got wronged.

Comment

Maybe next time the mop girl can show the raptors up and roll her sleaves and get in her fighting stance.

Comment

I miss old school basketball, they knew what to do:

If the Raptors would have reacted like the rest of the Knicks did, maybe the refs would have called a technical on Pierce but since they done nothing then the refs reaction was also nothing but play on.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
              Bosh has to be the first one to come to his defense. He's a 6'10" PF who bulked up over the summer, is he expecting Bargnani or Turkoglu or Jack to stand up for him? C'mon man, nobody will defend you if even you don't think you got wronged.
              Uh yea. They're his teammates so they're supposed to stand up for him either way. The guy was on the floor in pain. WTF did you expect him to do? Just jump up and get into Pierce's face? The franchise player gets decked, and everyone else on the floor stood around like a bunch of pansies. Bargnani, Turk, Rasho and Johnson are all more than capable of getting into someones face.

Lovin the Bosh resentment here though. I guess everyone is slowly setting him up as the new public enemy #1 so it doesn't hurt as much when another star player leaves this team.
              Last edited by nubreed000; Sun Nov 29, 2009, 06:37 AM.

Comment

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                Uh yea. They're his teammates so they're supposed to stand up for him either way. The guy was on the floor in pain. WTF did you expect him to do? Just jump up and get into Pierce's face? The franchise player gets decked, and everyone else on the floor stood around like a bunch of pansies. Bargnani, Turk, Rasho and Johnson are all more than capable of getting into someones face.

Lovin the Bosh resentment here though. I guess everyone is slowly setting him up as the new public enemy #1 so it doesn't hurt as much when another star player leaves this team.
                The "team" isn't acting as a team.

Something will have to change.

But this type of issue should fall on the coach! If no one is getting upset at a rough play, it's a sign they don't care. That's the coach's fault for creating/permitting/not noticing that kind of atmosphere.

Triano's after the fact comments only serve to prove something is very wrong in the locker room.
                The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

Doug had it partially right except for one thing. You don't need to be tough to stand up to people for wrong doings, you just need to have respect for yourself and what you represent.

Comment

Working...
                  X