Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ESPN Reporting The Cavs Have Contacted the Raptors

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default ESPN Reporting The Cavs Have Contacted the Raptors

This was caught by a RealGM member that saw this via "The Score" sports ticker:

ESPN is reporting the Cavs have contacted the Raptors about Chris Bosh. In this scenario, it would appear they are trying to bring CB4 in to play alongside LBJ.

It has also been reported that the Raptors will try and slide Jose into any S&T package they make with CB4. If you are Bryan Colangelo, and you're looking at the Cavs as a potential suitor.... who are you wanting in return and why?

Also, do you think this has anything to do with the Cavs trying to buy another pick? They would send the pick to Toronto in this deal for CB4/Jose.

I'm not expert on exact salaries or whatever - so I ask those who know, what would the Raptors expect in return?
    Source - Click here

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Cleveland's over the cap and has very few assets. Any trade involving them would have to see either Jamison (2 years, 28 million) or Varejao on the way back (4 years, 42 million), unless you want a 4th point guard in Mo Williams or some form of a 6 for 1 deal.

Assuming we choose to go for Jamison, because no way Varejao is worth that contract, then you can do Bosh for Jamison+Hickson+Gibson. You could add the Jose for Mo Williams swap in there if you want.

Edit:
    If you're looking to dump Jose's contract and not take Mo Williams back:

Chris Bosh + Jose for Jamison, Gibson, Hickson, and Delonte West.

West's contract is only partially guaranteed for 500,000 if you waive him before August.

PG: Jarret Jack/Gibson/Banks
    SG: DeRozan/Belinelli
    SF: Hedo/Weems
    PF: Jamison/Hickson/Reggie Evans
    C: Bargnani

+13th pick
    +Re-sign Amir Johnson
    Last edited by Marz; Fri Jun 18th, 2010 at 03:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

i don't know. guys who enjoy matchiung salaries and that crap get busy.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

What on earth would Cleveland be able to send back that the Raptors would want, outside of Varejao and Hickson? Certainly not Antawn Jamison or Mo Williams. This makes no sense.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I think the Cavs would like to ship West this way. Count him in. JJ Hickson would be a must have if I'm Colangelo. Then they're going to have to take Jameson or Varejao or Mo Williams. Personally, I feel if the Raptors are ok with overpaying Varejao then he's the guy as he would improve the defense and toughness. Jameson is getting old, he's not part of the future for a rebuild project. Maybe Mo Williams. At the end of the day the Cavs don't have what the Raptors need.

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Cleveland doesn't have anything that the Raptors would want except Lebron, Varejao and Hickson
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Exactly what Marz said.

Post Thanks / Like

The ONLY reason I can see taking Jamison and his contract is to trade him to another team. Keep in mind, though, that Washington only got an expiring contract for him. After these playoffs, would the Raptors even get that? I think I'd rather let Bosh walk for nothing than tale back Jamison and his contract.

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Screw the Cavs.

They will rape us in this sign and trade and also rape us all season long.

Raptors Republic Rookie BomKeyzi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bad deal.

Post Thanks / Like

Those are some overrated players and bad contracts coming back, with the exception of Hickson I suppose. Only way there is any chance of Bosh going to Cleveland is if it's a mult-team deal or he simply walks. I would love to see Bosh dealt to Cleveland only to have LBJ leave town! haha

Raptors Republic Rookie CalibreMC's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

has this what it has come to? Pathetic.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

horrible deal

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

The key part of this rumor is "The Cavs Have Contacted the Raptors". Unless the Cavs are willing to give up Varejao AND Hickson (which I doubt they are), I just don't see it happening.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I think they would be willing to give up almost anything to make Lebron come back, and that would involve bringing in another all star. AKA Bosh.

Raptors Republic Rookie brakeman1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Why would Colangelo trade Bosh to an eastern conference that would put us out of the playoffs every year if we ever make it. Trade him to the west where he can only haunt us once a year. Cleveland has nothing that we want interms of rebuilding assuming Bosh leaves. I'm with hotshot on this one.

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Colangelo should be insulted because the Cavs are "assuming" that Chris Bosh is as good as gone when their own situation with Lebron is about the same, therefore BC should have the cojones to ask the Cavs about the availability of Lebron.

Come on BC call the Cavs and offer them Calderon Turkoglu and a first round pick for Lebron. let them get pissed off as well.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm assuming that the only reason Cleveland is contacting Toronto is because James indicated that he would be willing to stay if Bosh came to Cleveland. Wouldn't it make more sense for Cleveland to contact Bosh's agent (after July 1st), since Bosh has final say in where he goes next season? No point contacting BC unless Bosh told him to deal with Cleveland. In that case I would tell Bosh to walk, rather than facilitate a S&T to a team that couldn't otherwise sign him and really has nothing good to offer in return.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    Cleveland doesn't have anything that the Raptors would want except Lebron, Varejao and Hickson
    Varejao is sooooo over paid for the type of play that he does. The guy has no jump shot, not drive to the basket and ... All he is a decent rebounder and energy which should not get paid more than 5 mill a year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
    Varejao is sooooo over paid for the type of play that he does. The guy has no jump shot, not drive to the basket and ... All he is a decent rebounder and energy which should not get paid more than 5 mill a year.
    Varejao is a little overpaid, but he's much more than an energy guy and rebounder. He's also a very good defender and a big reason why the Cavs were one of the better defensive teams the last few years. He's not going to contribute much scoring, but he's the type of guy that will help your team win.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information