Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will A.I. Ever Retire?

http://nbaprimetime.com/?p=1215

According to ESPN, Allen Iverson will be making a definite return to the NBA next season.

“Gary Moore, Iverson’s personal manager, says Iverson is working out and “absolutely” will try and play next season. Iverson returned to the Philadelphia 76ers in December and took a leave of absence in March because of family issues.” -ESPN

Being an unrestricted free-agent, Iverson has the opportunity to sign a contract with any team this offseason.
    I don't know about you guys but this dude is really ruining his legacy. Where do you guys think he will go. I see him going to the Spurs or Celtics, somewhere he might have a chance.

I think we'll see alot of changes on Boston. I think their recent legacy in Beantown is over and I wouldn't be surprised to see Doc step down now. They're an aging team, so unless they feel they have enough in the tank to make one final run for the championship, I think Boston will start rebuilding slowly beginning this summer. Which means, I don't expect Iverson to land there.

Iverson is disruptive, but if he comes in with the right attitude he can still certainly be an asset. Especially with a young contending team like the Thunder. But if its a championship he wants, then either the Lakers or whatever team Lebron ends up on will be his best option.

Comment

Iverson killed his career last season with his antics, I just don't see anybody in the league giving him a contract.

Comment

He did retire. It just hasn't sunk in, yet.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I agree...if Iverson comes in with the right attitude...but that's like asking him to come in taller, or ask him to come in with scales and gills. It's just not Anthropologically possible that he can do that. It's not how he's genetically hard-wired.

I predict another sad stab at the darkness...and some sad GM with attendance issues might take the chance...and regret it for the rest of his short tenure.

Comment

to china to play with stephon marbury
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

It's conceivable that Boston might take a stab at him like Marbury off the bench to fill in seconds for Allen and Rondo. I have no idea what their cap situation is right now, but it's probably not too hot so they'd be offering a couple million.

It's also conceivable that Iverson balks at such an offer, citing the need to feed his family.

Comment

Working...
              X