Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bulls 17th Pick on Block - Will BC Try and Get It & Take D. James?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulls 17th Pick on Block - Will BC Try and Get It & Take D. James?

The word has been spreading that BC is trying to get a second pick in the first round. The Bulls have one up for sale at #17. This is about where Damion James would go. Most people have James slotted between 16-23.

I was told by one the reporters that covers the Raptors that James was in last June, before he withdrew, for a couple of workouts and an interview or vice versa. That may be why he wasn't in this year. Then of course BC and Kelly might have decided that the Raptors don't "need a lock down defender".

Damion James: James wasn't a highlight machine at Texas, but for four years he was an effective scorer and premiere defender for the Longhorns. Even if he can't shoot the NBA 3-pointer, his body of work on the defensive end should warrant a late first-round pick.

"He can step in right away and play," Blake said. "He is a guy that has proven, not just because of his ability on the defensive end, but he's improved his offensive ability too. He's now a threat from 20 feet. Again, not a guy you want to let someone else get. If you need that lockdown defender, he can be that guy.
    http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=16506
    Bulls Will Consider Dealing 17th Pick

Jun 19, 2010 10:27 AM EST

The Bulls have the 17th overall pick in next week's NBA Draft and it appears to be available.

Chicago general manager Gar Forman told the team's web site that he'd consider trading the pick if the right situation arises.

Forman added that the Bulls have had some discussions about dealing the pick to create additional cap space, but that trading the selection by itself is "not significant enough" to make a deal.

"It would have to be the pick with a combination of something else," Forman said.
    http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wir...ing_17th_pick/
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

lol the Bulls will consider giving this pick to the Raps only with a sign of trade of Bosh, they are just not going to sale the pick for nothing.

The Bulls are after bigger and better things while the Raptors are just trying to hang on for dear life.

Comment

He seems like a good player but I think there were concerns about whether he was quick enough to guard small forwards in the NBA. I haven't been following him as much, is that true?

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
        lol the Bulls will consider giving this pick to the Raps only with a sign of trade of Bosh, they are just not going to sale the pick for nothing.

The Bulls are after bigger and better things while the Raptors are just trying to hang on for dear life.
        They can't deal the draft pick two weeks after the draft, when they would be able to do a sign and trade. I'm guessing they would have selected a player by then.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

If they get a pick around 17 I think Alabi is the way to go, depending on who they took at 13.
          "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Working...
          X