This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Available @13 Raptors Will Take Either Patterson or Half The Beatles

That is how I am reading it at this point.

I don't know who they would take if both Patterson and Paul George are available at #13 but my sense of it is that they will take either one of those two if either one is available.

Both most likely will be gone by #13 but one never knows. If that happens Henry may be their next preference.

Highly unlikely all three will be gone at #13.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Just for the kiddies around these part:

Paul George

Paul...

& George

And I really hope Colangelo doesn't draft another guy who is allergic to defense. Pass on Patterson.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      Just for the kiddies around these part:

Paul George

Paul...

& George

And I really hope Colangelo doesn't draft another guy who is allergic to defense. Pass on Patterson.
      Between the two I would prefer Half The Beatles.

I think he would rock the ACC

Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Looks like George is already wearing a Raptors jersey with the Bulls logo. Weird man, that's just weird... lol

Comment

I would hope they would take George
          i think Patterson is seriously overrated

With George your getting upside and another great wing to pair with Derozan
          with Patterson i think your getting a bench player

Comment

i never really liked the beatles.
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Patterson may or may not have received a promise from the Toronto Raptors at No. 13, but he walked away from his workout very confident that they will take him if he's there. He even cancelled a workout with the Bucks, who own the No. 15 pick. The Hornets are also a strong possibility at No. 11. It's not entirely confirmed, but it seems that Patterson has received a pretty strong commitment from the Raptors.
              Source: The Hoops Report

Comment

Patterson brings attitude which is welcomed at those parts.

I think any players that can mesh well with the young gunz should be looked at.

Comment

I've been more and more impressed with Patterson (especially with the interviews), but by all reports he'll be a hustling 6th man, who isn't defense first. I really don't want another Joey Graham or Kris Humphries.
                  -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                  -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

It is rare for a player not in the Green Room to become a lottery pick. Half of Beatles looking good if he doesn't go before #13

Current List of Players Now In the Green Room
                    ----------------------------------------------------------
                    1. Wall
                    2. Turner
                    3. Favors
                    4. Cousins
                    5. Johnson
                    6. Monroe
                    7. Aminu
                    8. Udoh
                    9. Davis
                    10.Hayward
                    11. Aldrich
                    12. Babbitt
                    13. George

Possible Raptors picks not in Green Room as of now
                    -------------------------------------------------------------
                    Bradley
                    Henry
                    Patterson

# DraftExpress

Supposedly three more Green Room invites still going out. Have to imagine they go to Patrick Patterson/Xavier Henry & probably Avery Bradley 5 minutes ago via web

# Jonathan Givony DraftExpress

13 confirmed Green Room Invites so far: Wall, Turner, Favors, Cousins, Johnson, Monroe, Aminu, Udoh, Davis, Hayward, Aldrich, Babbitt,George
                    http://twitter.com/DraftExpress

Comment

Patrick Patterson's Draft Diary

Hello, world! My life's been so busy the last couple weeks between workouts and interviews that I haven't had a chance to slow down since school ended. After we lost in the tournament to West Virginia, it took a while for me to shake off the loss and think about the NBA. I talked with all my Kentucky teammates about coming back and we decided that the best thing for all of us was to leave school with me leaving with my degree.

Once I decided to go pro, the last few days in Lexington were tough for me. Walking around campus, all the students and fans would ask me "Are you sure you want to leave?" It was surreal. One day I was getting into my car and I turned around and these two girls were standing right behind me. They were wearing homemade T-shirts; one of them said: "Our PP is bigger than yours." I thought it was funny so I agreed to take a picture with them. Next thing I know, a whole mob of people swarmed around me, all wearing shirts with my name on the front. They started chanting my name, taking pictures, it was wild. There was even a baby with a mini-version of one of the T-shirts. I'm just going to miss being loved by all the fans. Then again, I won't miss the 8 a.m. classes and long hours in study hall.

Last year I thought about the NBA, but I decided to come back because I just didn't feel like I was ready. Jodie Meeks was my roommate and he really tried to get me to go. Right around that time the NBA playoffs were going on, and I watched the Boston-Chicago series that went seven games. That's when I thought, "I'm not ready." I had hardly played on the perimeter and knew I needed to get better. That and knowing John Wall, Eric Bledsoe, DeMarcus Cousins were coming in to UK helped me make up my mind to come back.

Lately, my schedule's been crazy. I'm training in Indianapolis when I'm not on the road, but that's rare these days. At the Draft Combine, I roomed with Butler's Gordon Hayward. When we weren't playing or doing interviews, I hung out with him, my teammates from Kentucky and Ed Davis from UNC, who I played AAU ball with in high school.

Basketball was the easy part; it was the team interviews that really wore me out. One day I had interviews with seven different teams, which took like six hours. After the combine, the Rockets brought me in for a workout. Then I headed to Miami, and Damion James from Texas was there, too. I have to admit, I thought he was a real serious guy, just from seeing him play on TV. But Damion's probably the funniest kid I've ever met. His southern accent is hilarious.

That was the first time I'd ever been in South Beach and now I can understand why guys in the league want to sign with the Heat. I met with Pat Riley, who went to Kentucky, too, so we talked about college hoops and I asked him about the movie Glory Road.

My next stop was Oakland. The night before our workout with the Warriors, I went to an Italian restaurant with Xavier Henry and Al-Farouq Aminu and then watched Youth in Revolt back at the hotel. Pretty funny movie. If I'm not watching movies in my hotel, I'm listening to music. I can't wait for Drake's album to come out. I love the songs Fireworks and Over, so I'm going to go buy his new album I've been bumping the new T.I. and Rick Ross, too.

I was in Utah the next day and the hotel there was crazy. I wanted to film my own version of MTV Cribs on my phone; I was going to call it "PAT Cribs." My room had a king size bed, a glass shower, a Jacuzzi, two sinks, and an automatic toilet paper dispenser, which I had never seen before. I felt like a celebrity. Supposedly they built that hotel for the athletes at the 2002 Olympics, and it was without a doubt the best one I've ever stayed in.

I have more workouts in different cities every day next week. Hopefully I can catch some of the World Cup on TV. I'm a Fernando Torres fanatic, so I'm rooting for Spain. I'll check in again next week. Good night, world!

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz0raKVIheu
                      Source: SI.com

Comment

It's still Udoh on the top of their board if he's there. The thing is the odds of him being there are next to 0.

Patterson would make sense for them I guess, although it leaves Bargnani out of position. Like George a little more for them.

Comment

Nice note from Paul George's agent to me this morning; "George would be thrilled if he became a member of the #Raptors Thursday." 23 minutes ago via Seesmic
                          http://twitter.com/raptorshq

Comment

Working...
                          X