Raptors 2010 Draft Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors 2010 Draft Preview

With the NBA draft now only days away on Thursday, June 24th it's time to have one last review of the most likely candidates for the Raptors' one and only draft pick at 13th overall...

Toronto Raptors' Private Workout Notables:
    - Ekpe Udoh (Baylor) [9th Overall, Consensus Mock Draft]
    - Cole Aldrich (Kansas) [13th Overall, Consensus Mock Draft]
    - Daniel Orton (Kentucky)
    - Larry Sanders (VCU)
    - Hassan Whiteside
    - Eric Bledsoe
    - Xavier Henry [11th Overall, Consensus Mock Draft]
    - Paul George
    - Patrick Patterson [14th Overall, Consensus Mock Draft]

Others:
    - Avery Bradley

There have been rumors about the Raptors taking a big man to help replace Bosh in case he's gone. There have been rumors about the Raptors taking a PG, liking both Bradley and Bledsoe. The organization itself maintains it will take the best players on it's draft board regardless of position. In my opinion, of the four players who made the 2010 NBA Draft: Consensus Mock Draft, I feel all four are the most likely to be off the board at 13. Beyond those four it's hard to say. The rest all have a good upside. Who do you feel the Raptors will select at 13 if all ten of these guys were available? Who do you feel they will actually draft this year?
    Ekpe Udoh
    0.00%
    Cole Aldrich
    16.67%
    Daniel Orton
    0.00%
    Larry Sanders
    0.00%
    Hassan Whiteside
    0.00%
    Eric Bledsoe
    8.33%
    Xavier Henry
    4.17%
    Paul George
    29.17%
    Patrick Patterson
    0.00%
    Avery Bradley
    41.67%

The poll is expired.

Depends who is available.

Show me the list after the 12th pick is made and I will choose someone.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

In order or personal preference, with little regard to the fact that they may be "too high" for the 13th pick:

1. Paul George
      2. Cole Aldrich
      3. Eric Bledsoe
      4. Larry Sanders
      5. Avery Bradley
      6. Daniel Orton
      7. Xavier Henry
      8. Hassan Whiteside
      9. Ekpe Udoh
      999,999. Patrick Patterson

Comment

My heart says Paul George but my mind says Avery Bradley
        I think if a big fell, like Aldrich or Davis, they would take him

I think the beest situation is to draft George at 13 and grab a pick in the 20s or late teens and pick up a guy like Bledsoe
        but thats just my opinion

Comment

I'm going to make a bold prediction and say that Ed Davis is going to fall down to the #13 slot. Okay, probably not, but if it happens, I'll look like a genius.

I like what Marz did, so if Davis isn't available, here's my order of preference:

1. Paul George
          2. Cole Aldrich
          3. Xavier Henry
          4. Eric Bledsoe
          5. Ekpe Udoh
          5. Daniel Orton
          7. Patrick Patterson
          8. Larry Sanders
          9. Avery Bradey
          10. Hassan Whiteside

Whiteside is looking more and more like a bust Apparently he's not even putting in a big effort in workouts. I really don't know enough about Sanders, so I put him low.
          Last edited by Tim W.; Mon Jun 21, 2010, 02:13 PM. Reason: Switched Orton and Patterson
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
            Depends who is available.

Show me the list after the 12th pick is made and I will choose someone.
            Apollo wrote: View Post
            Who do you feel the Raptors will select at 13 if all ten of these guys were available? Who do you feel they will actually draft this year?
            The first one requires no list. The second requires you having the courage to guess the first 12 picks.

Comment

Bargnani and our draft pick for NASH

Comment

What happens in two years when Nash is 38 years old?

Comment

Then we fire Triano and make Nash coach. Duh.

Comment

Tim, why won't you just accept that Bradley is going to be a very good NBA player even if won't be at point guard. The only player with a higher realistic ceiling is Henry who I like. I think there are going to be a lot more guys around at #13 than everyone thinks. This draft has crapshoot written all over it.

I think I like Ed Davis, I'd probably support taking over Bradley is he fell, just no Aldrich. Who is the last white player to be drafted that didn't disappoint?

I like Bledsoe, but I can't shake the Nate Robinson images from my brain.

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
                      Who is the last white player to be drafted that didn't disappoint?
                      Brook Lopez?

Comment

Tim, why won't you just accept that Bradley is going to be a very good NBA player even if won't be at point guard.
                        I guess the same reason that you won't accept the fact that Bradley is too small to play SG and has no PG skills to play the point.
                        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I think the pick get's traded

Comment

Who is the last white player to be drafted that didn't disappoint?
                            This season Casspi, Jerebko and Budinger all proved they were better then their draft selection position.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                              I guess the same reason that you won't accept the fact that Bradley is too small to play SG and has no PG skills to play the point.
                              That hasn't stopped Monta Ellis and yeah, we can go on and on about what's wrong with Monta Ellis but if they can land a player on that level it sure beats the most likely scenario in the teens, mediocrity.

Comment

Working...
                              X