This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twolves Inquiring About Bosh

Hmmm .... anyone really see Bosh starting from scratch in Minny? I don't.

The Minnesota Timberwolves are talking with the Toronto Raptors regarding center Chris Bosh in a possible sign-and-trade deal, according to Darren Wolfson of the Star Tribune.

Wolfson said via Twitter that an NBA contact told him this, but is uncertain if Bosh is open to the idea of coming to Minnesota. He did suggest that a trade could include center Al Jefferson, but also added that it will take more than Jefferson alone.
    Source - Click here

Garnett wasted away there for years because they couldn't build a team around him. Recently Garnett came out and stated he wished he had asked for a trade long before he did. Also recently Kevin McHale stated that the reason they couldn't build a team around KG was because KG was making too much money, they couldn't afford to pay for the pieces needed to contend. Now the T-Wolves want to give Bosh six years at max money, selling him on the idea that Minnesota is the right place for him? They expect Bosh to leave his comfort zone for a team who used to have a player similar to him who they weren't willing to supply with the right pieces to win anything? Why would Bosh sign up for that?

Comment

Can't see this happening. I can't even remember the last time the T'Wolves signed a decent free-agent and a Bosh swoop is impossible. I'm a bit surprised too, because they already have decent big men in Kevin Love and Al Jefferson, not sure bigs are their problem.

Comment

There are probably a lot of teams contacting the raptors about Bosh this week so not suprising Minnesota is looking to see if they get lucky before he becomes a free agent. Unlikely anything happens here but damn do they have some assets i would love to see on the roster but its just not happening.

Comment

Rubio is very close to coming to the T-Wolves. Probably in 2011-12 for sure. In addition the T-Wolves will take Wesley Johnson on Thursday. Plus I believe that they have the 16th pick on Thurs.

So you have

Bosh
          Love
          W. Johnson
          Rubio
          ?

Plus they have Rambis and Laimbeer as coaches.
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Well they would probably have to give up some picks to get Bosh so their roster would be far from complete to compete in the West, If the team was in NY then i could definitely see this go down...unfortunately Minnesota is a city that not many players would want to win a championship in

Comment

No Way.

Minny would have to give up half their team for Bosh, in which I'm sure they would do. However, there is no way Bosh is going to agree to a sign and trade and go play with a franchise that is worse then the Raptors. This is not going to happen.

Comment

among the many problems with that there is one really, really obvious one Bosh is not a center.
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I don't know if this is necessarily going to happen, but it makes sense.

For one thing, Bosh wants to be "the man", Minnesota gives him that opportunity. Secondly, it's no secret that the Wolves have their doubts about Jefferson. He's missed a considerable amount of time due to injury and although he has shown for extended periods of time his all star potential, the overall inconsistency of his play would make me think they're looking to move Jefferson and focus on developing Love alongside big man "x".

I think the Wolves could be an amazing partner for the Raps in any sign and trade. They have a glut of talented young guards, any of whom would make great additions to the Raptors backcourt. Any combo of Jefferson and Sessions/Flynn/Rubio would significantly improve the Raptors IMO.

Furthermore, disagreeing with Buddha, the Wolves are nowhere near bringing Rubio to the league. The Wolves failed to stay in contact with or scout Rubio nearly at all this year. In fact, I can remember back to earlier this year when the Knicks were scouting Rubio prompting a lot of questions as to why the wolves WERE'NT pursuing Rubio more intently. The fact of the matter is that the kid doesn't seem to want to play in Minnesota. SO! Is it impossible to think that the Wolves would be willing to hedge their bets with the Sessions/Flynn tandem and move Rubio at the right price? I don't think so. I think if the Raptors were able to land Rubio alone in such a deal, it could be seen as enormously successful.

Comment

Yeah KG wasted away there but losing (what was it?) 3 1st round picks in the Joe Smith fiasco really really hurt them.

We better get Darko if this is going to happen. Ummm. That's a joke.

I was in Minny for the raptors game and the crowd was in a freakin coma the whole time. Some guy ahead of me stood up and yelled "My tax dollars are paying for your freedom!" after I kept yelling "Put Rubio in!" and "The future is Dark-o."

High comedy.
                    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

sunndog wrote: View Post
                      I don't know if this is necessarily going to happen, but it makes sense.

For one thing, Bosh wants to be "the man", Minnesota gives him that opportunity.
                      Let's stop there for a second. Why on earth would Bosh choose Minnesota over Toronto? All indications are that the Raptors want to re-sign Bosh. That's their best case scenario regardless of our opinion.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                        Let's stop there for a second. Why on earth would Bosh choose Minnesota over Toronto? All indications are that the Raptors want to re-sign Bosh. That's their best case scenario regardless of our opinion.
                        All I'm saying is that in a sign and trade deal, Minny could offer us a lot more than most other teams.

Comment

Working...
                        X