Bosh or Bargs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosh or Bargs.

So I have read a lot of comments saying that bargs needs to be traded or that bosh is playing terribly. I have also read a lot of about how the two don't play well together. So my question to the republic is who would you rather see traded: Bosh or Bargs. Consider everything not just talent. If your answer is niether, please give a way to improve their chemistry (Bosh occasionally starting to kickout to bargs is a great example).

Me I go with bosh being taded. While he is a better player than bargs, we could definately get more for him in a trade. And while I like Bosh (great rebounder, good scorer) I don't think his D is that much better than bargs' (neither are very good) and I think that bargs is propably a better offensive player. Add the fact that Andrea is still slowly improving and the fact we would be paying him a lot less than CB4 come next season and I think he would be a better choice to keep.
    As far as who you get, if its bosh being traded get someone like the old Dennis Rodman: shut down D and an oustanding rebounder. If its Bargs who goes, someone who plays above average post D and gets on the offensive glass.
    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Good question.

Albeit we could and would get more for Bosh, I still wouldn't part with Bosh. All-star 24 year old PF's are very hard to come by. He hasn't even entered his prime yet and his game is still evolving. Just look what he's done to improve his game this season. I hope that over time we'll see Bosh's defensive game come around too.

Think of it this way. Look at our current roster and lose either Bosh or Bargnani, which player compliments the rest of the team the best? For me, its hands down Bosh. He scores and rebounds. Bargnani? Scores (sometimes) and rebounds. (some of the time)

This team needs to continue building around Bosh. Hopefully that answers your question.

Comment

Bargnani is a bad basketball player. He should go.
      nbaroundtable

Comment

Furthermore:

* Bargnani offers more value as a trade asset than he does as a player
        * Bosh offers more value as a player than he does as a trade asset -- despite having superior trade value than Bargnani.
        nbaroundtable

Comment

Assuming both were free agents and I had to sign one of them to a long-term contract, I would take Bosh. You know what you're going to get with him, it might not be All-Star type stuff night in and night out, but it'll still be above average. With Bargnani, there are no guarantees. He could turn out to be the next Nowitzki (less and less likely with each passing year) or he could stay where he is (inconsistent big whose offense is dependent on jumper).

If you asked me this question last year in March, you might've gotten a different answer. I don't know.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
            Assuming both were free agents and I had to sign one of them to a long-term contract, I would take Bosh. You know what you're going to get with him, it might not be All-Star type stuff night in and night out, but it'll still be above average. With Bargnani, there are no guarantees. He could turn out to be the next Nowitzki (less and less likely with each passing year) or he could stay where he is (inconsistent big whose offense is dependent on jumper).

If you asked me this question last year in March, you might've gotten a different answer. I don't know.
            i would want bosh too...but it all depends on the contract....i would, no way in hell want bosh for the max...if it is between 12-15 mil a year...then fine....but i would rather have bargs got 10-12 mil any day of the week...

Comment

Bargnani over Bosh are you serious?

A00715890 wrote: View Post
              i would want bosh too...but it all depends on the contract....i would, no way in hell want bosh for the max...if it is between 12-15 mil a year...then fine....but i would rather have bargs got 10-12 mil any day of the week...
              I wish I had the ability to suspend you from coming on this forum with comments like that. To make sure I am reading the above quote correctly you say you would rather have Andrea Bargnani @ 10-12 million than Bosh anywhere from 12 to Max. Which other power forward in the league is playing at his level right now. If his play sustains over the course of the year we are talking 25 ppg, 12rpg. Bargnani can find his game outside of the ACC. Bosh is about to go to his 5th all star game in 7 years. Bargnani is hoping to go this first in his fourth. You can blame Sam all you want for stunting his growth but Jay is in his corner and he still cant rise to that level we need him to be at. Bosh has flaws like the rest of the allstars in the league, I agree he doesnt call for the ball enough and he could be more assertive on defence. But sometimes good players are need compliments to share the load. Carmelo needed Billups to get over the hump, Kobe needed Gasol, Peirce couldnt event get to the playoffs untill KG got their. Who does Bosh have?
              Last edited by 2mrw2day; Sun Nov 29, 2009, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Ugh ... remind me to make sure the Raptors don't ever consider you to be their GM down the road. I was skeptical when Colangelo gave Bargnani $10 million per season, let alone talk about giving him more.

Look how much better Bosh is than Andrea and Chris is only a year older. If people are saying and thinking Bosh's game will plateau shortly at the age he is now, then why are so many other convinced that Bargnani has so much more room to grow because of how young he is?

Comment

2mrw2day wrote: View Post
                  Peirce couldnt event get to the playoffs untill KG got their.
                  That, my friend, is incorrect.

To the topic at hand:

I'd trade Bargs. Bosh has a better all-around game. He's more emotional and aggressive, and a better rebounder, which makes it easier to build around him. Trade Bargs (and 90% of the rest of the team) and build with Bosh and Derozan as my core.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                    Ugh ... remind me to make sure the Raptors don't ever consider you to be their GM down the road. I was skeptical when Colangelo gave Bargnani $10 million per season, let alone talk about giving him more.

Look how much better Bosh is than Andrea and Chris is only a year older. If people are saying and thinking Bosh's game will plateau shortly at the age he is now, then why are so many other convinced that Bargnani has so much more room to grow because of how young he is?
                    all iam saying is i dont want to give bosh the max....not looking at a contract i would pick him 10 out of 10 times...but if you want to win, you cannot have 1/3 of your cap spent on 2nd tire guy.....if bosh will take the david west type of money....then fine.....but for the max....no thanks....

and btw bargs will give you the exact same stats bosh is giving if the entire offense goes through him....

Comment

all iam saying is i dont want to give bosh the max....not looking at a contract i would pick him 10 out of 10 times...but if you want to win, you cannot have 1/3 of your cap spent on 2nd tire guy.....if bosh will take the david west type of money....then fine.....but for the max....no thanks....
                      Well, I don't think its a matter of "if" because Bosh is by all accounts considering his age and his numbers a "max player". I'm perfectly fine with giving him what he deserves.

and btw bargs will give you the exact same stats bosh is giving if the entire offense goes through him....
                      No chance. Offensively perhaps, but that's only when Bargnani's 3 pointer is falling. But the rest of his game, most significantly rebounding, they're not even close and their numbers will support that. Only thing at this point which I think Andrea is better at is blocking shots and maybe playing one-on-one defense. His help defense is to be desired.

Comment

Are you suggesting that the entire offense is going through Bosh right now? Because that's hardly the case. And Bargs' rebounding numbers wouldn't be close to the same as CB's. Nor would his percentages.

Comment

Trade Chris Bosh!

If the team needs to be "changed" - change the key piece for what is needed.
                          Bosh will get the Raps a lot of talent in return.

This waiting for Bosh to decide if he feels like resigning is nuts - and is hurting this team.
                          (Next time Bosh gets knocked down, will any Raptor even notice?)
                          The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

Working...
                          X