Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trade of All Trades (Cavs, Hornets, Raptors)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade of All Trades (Cavs, Hornets, Raptors)

I read this on realgm some hornet fan proposed it.
    To Hornets
    Mo Williams 8.8M
    Jamario Moon 3.0M
    Jarret Jack 5M
    Sonny Weems 736K
    Delonte West 4.2M

To Cavs
    Marco Bellineli 1.5M
    Bargnani 6.5M
    Okafor 10.7

To Raptors
    Chris paul 13.5M
    J.J. Hickson 1.4 M
    Aaron Gray 500k

This trade is a pipe dream for raptor fans but it could go down since cavs want to ship mo williams, and delonte. I know what your thinking why would the Hornets trade CP3, well they are POOR, and they cant afford him, and most likely he gonna leave next summer when he is a free agent so they might as well get some talent back. The Cavs get Andrea and Okafor. Is this trade realistic????

a hornets fan propose this? wtf?

Comment

This is horrible..
      What would NO do 4 deep at PG with Mo, Jack, West, and Collison??
      Actually I don't see how any team benefits from any of this other than Raptors getting CP3

Comment

Except, Toronto also loses Bargnani, Jack, Weems, Bellinelli, and only gets one verified talent coming off a serious injury.

Is this to keep bosh? Toronto is still saddled with Hedo? Chris Paul and Calderon? When is Hickson going to play in between Bosh, Johnson, Evans, and Dorsey?

It's ridiculous on its own, extremely improbable with three other moves to make sense of such a mess, and a terrible investment for Toronto. You think CP3 is going to stay in Toronto if he's thought to bolt the NOH?
        It's about money

Comment

philwill wrote: View Post
          Except, Toronto also loses Bargnani, Jack, Weems, Bellinelli, and only gets one verified talent coming off a serious injury.

Is this to keep bosh? Toronto is still saddled with Hedo? Chris Paul and Calderon? When is Hickson going to play in between Bosh, Johnson, Evans, and Dorsey?

It's ridiculous on its own, extremely improbable with three other moves to make sense of such a mess, and a terrible investment for Toronto. You think CP3 is going to stay in Toronto if he's thought to bolt the NOH?
          You wouldn't give up all that to get Chris Paul? Hell, I'd throw in a draft pick to get it done. Rarely does a player of Paul's calibre come a team's way. If New Orleans wanted to do this absolutely ridiculous trade, any sane person would do it in a second if they were in charge of the Raptors.

If Bosh stays, and the Raptors get Hickson, the least of their problems is when he's going to play. And I really think you're overestimating how much time Evans and Dorsey will play. Evans would be best as a 5 mpg player and since Dorsey has played in 18 games in two years in the NBA, worrying about him taking time away from a much better player is pointless.

And Paul might bolt because New Orleans is apparently losing money hand over fist and may care more about saving money than winning at this point. Paul would stay in New Orleans if he thought there was any chance of them even attempting to compete.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

As for the trade, the salaries seem to be for 2009-2010, since Bargnani will start making $10 million as of June 1st. And I find it hard to believe some Hornet fan proposed this since New Orleans gets completely shafted in this deal.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Yeah, okay. I find it hard to believe that a Hornets fan actually proposed this. What, did he wake up one day and decide the best plan of action for the team was to acquire a bunch of scrubs? They'd be far better off trading Paul for multiple draft picks + mostly expirings.

Also find it hard to believe that a Cavs fan would want this either. Just because they want to move two of their players doesn't mean any trade with their names is logical. If anything, they'd be better off cutting the Raptors out of the deal and acquiring Chris Paul themselves.

This *is* a Raptors's fan pipedream, so I have to ask, are you sure you didn't propose it yourself, hoping it would gain credibility if proposed by a Hornets' fan? You do try to justify the trade for both the Hornets and the Cavs. =P

Anyhow, like Tim, if there's a chance you can acquire one of the league's legit top talents without mortgaging your future (a very weak future might I add), you have to go for it. Might as well get the team moved to a children's division if it can't risk losing Weems and Bargnani (and neither Jack nor Belinelli should matter enough to be mentioned here) for Chris Paul. Actually, if the team doesn't think Paul is worth less than what Bosh will be getting, possibly even with a new contract 2-3 years down the road, then just give up. It's awfully easy to see the trade in a bad light, of course, when you assume two conflicting results simultaneously: that 1) he won't be the player he was because of the injury, and 2) if #1 doesn't come true, then he will leave Toronto. That's a horribly pessimistic view.

BTW, he's not a free agent next summer. Whatever team gets him will have him for the next two years, and possibly for a third depending on how the new CBA looks, if only to give a higher starting base salary for a new contract. Paul would only want out of NOR anyway if they can't field a competitive team. The team has been trading away useful parts just to save money -- when has Toronto done that? Besides, two of the most crippling contracts for the Hornets (Peja and MoPete) are expiring this coming season; assuming they can successfully acquire new parts that fit, there's little reason for Paul to leave at all.

Comment

Q: Would I trade Bargnani, Jack, Weems, Belinelli for CP3, Hickson and Gray?
                A: Are you fucking kidding me? Could I contemplate moving Belinelli in that deal? Hmm... centre who can't play D, TJ Ford's former backup, a D-League superstar and Antoine Wright's backup for the best PG in the world... hmmmmmmmmmm....

Another trade that will never happen. How anyone thinks it's a bad trade for Toronto is beyond me. Anyone who wrote that should be banned from this site.

Comment

NBA live 10 maybe

Comment

philwill wrote: View Post

as much as i like cp3 jsut him giving up weems, jack, bellinelli, bargnani, nopt worth it at least keep weems.
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                      NBA live 10 maybe
                      ya, except you cna only trade 3 palyers max i fin hate that. it never used to eb like that and they need to put it back to where it's an unlimited amount. it was like that for like nhl 06.

it was the greatest.
                      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                        as much as i like cp3 jsut him giving up weems, jack, bellinelli, bargnani, nopt worth it at least keep weems.
                        Because gang raping New Orleans isn't bad enough? You want to spit in their face and throw them in front of a moving car, too?
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I dont think cleveland will help Toronto land Paul lol ...cuz that would mean the end of Lebron era in Cleveland :P

Comment

Working...
                          X