Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: T-Mac Wants To Be A Laker

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote mo-sales wrote: View Post
    It depends on the direction they might want to go. Kobe will be pushing hard for him to come back, but I don't see how they can beat the Thunder next year with him at point guard.

Would he accept a role coming off the bench?

The Tmac move doesn't seem like a great one, they get older and slower. I still think he has something to offer, but how many pseudo alpha males can one team have before it starts to self destruct.

If they thought defending thier title the first time was hard, going for a threepeat is even harder. Outside of Kobe and Gasol, everyone's head is already expanding.
    Actually thats a great point, I'm honestly scratching my head wondering who would compete with the Lakers if they got T-mac. A young, amazing thunder roster could do it. As for Fish, I think you would see the Lakers go 3 deep at the PG until playoffs then just headman it with Fish. He would probably accept a role off the bench, but will probably just get his minutes reduced to keep his legs.

As for the ego's, I honestly think thats under control. Everybody knows this is Kobe's team, and if they don Laker yellow, they will adhere to Mambas rules.

A threepeat would be insane. But what better way to bolster your chances by adding on of the most prolific scorers in the game (when healthy.) I HATE Tmac, but you gotta admit, the man can fill it up.

Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wel, Phil Jackson always wins in threes (assuming he's back) and if they add a guy like T-mac to their bench, they would be the far and away favorites again. Just think, they'd have Lemar Odom, Vujacic, Farmar, Walton, and T-mac as their bench. I'm pretty sure that is better than most teams starting units.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nick wrote: View Post
    Actually thats a great point, I'm honestly scratching my head wondering who would compete with the Lakers if they got T-mac..
    Tmac is a hog and a has been, there is no way he would have enough room and minutes to succeed with a backcourt featuring Kobe, Artest and the Candy man.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information