Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should The Raptors Take A Look At Morrison? (Update: Raps WILL Take a Look At Adam M)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should The Raptors Take A Look At Morrison? (Update: Raps WILL Take a Look At Adam M)

Leading up to the 2006 draft a lot of teams loved Adam Morrison. One of those teams was the Raptors. Thankfully the elected to draft Bargnani, bypassing the busts. Four years later Morrison is at a cross road in his career. His rookie deal is done as of July 1st and there is zero chance of the Lakers picking up his $6M team option. To his defense, he had a decent rookie season. If he were taken in the late 1st round he wouldn't have been considered a bust. He then struggled with injuries and from there never really got another good chance at playing time. Someone will give him a last chance. That team will get him at a bargain basement price. If the Raptors can sign Morrison for the best case vet minimum or worst case BAE of $1.8M, should they do it?
    Yes
    32.35%
    No
    67.65%

Er, No.
    How could Mr. Morrison possibly help the Raps other than a bench warmer for most of the time. He is terrible defensively (our biggest need) and at SF would be behind Turk and Weems as it stands. Even his spot shooting (what he was noted for) has regressed. Not good athlethically. We can do better at an acquisition at that position. And we havent even drafted yet nor traded Hedo or anyone to know who's going to be added. Euroland must be filled with players of similar skillset who would jump at coming to the nba. And he had a torn acl not too long ago and wonder if he has recovered fully from it.

Comment

nah the last thing we need is another unathletic guy who likes to shoot but can only get it in if he is open.

Morrison cannot compete in the NBA level, he best try his luck in europe.

We already have a guy with the same height stashed in Greece might as well give him the call.

Comment

Morrison did compete at the NBA level in his rookie season. Since then he's be injured and then buried on the Lakers' deep roster. I'm shocked that you guys wouldn't even want him at the vet minimum. The Raptors have had a bunch of bums at the pay scale in the past. No where near as skilled as Morrison.

Comment

I voted no, because i don't think he makes a great fit. However, you do have to have a full roster and if you can sign morrison for the absolute minimum, then he could be a player whose stock can rise and then be moved along w/ a net benefit for the raps. If nothing else, Coangelo does have a pretty decent track record for these kind of moves. But we have to get morrison for darn cheap.
          "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

No thanks. We need defense, and signing Morrison would just take time away from the wings we are already developing. I'd rather keep Wright.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
              nah the last thing we need is another unathletic guy who likes to shoot but can only get it in if he is open.

Morrison cannot compete in the NBA level, he best try his luck in europe.

We already have a guy with the same height stashed in Greece might as well give him the call.
              Giorgos Printezis would eat up most of the MLE. We're talking signing Morrison for the BAE ($1.8M or less) or the vet minimum (most likely scenario)

Comment

I'd do it. Worth a shot. I liked his college game. He'd have to really commit in practice, man up a bit, and shave his face and cut his hair to become more aerodynamic....

Comment

I've always like Morrison, and would take a flier on him as a 12th guy and see what happens. He has (had) an unorthodox style that could have resulted in numerous trips to the free throw line had he tried. One of the (many) knocks on him is that he would fade back and avoid contact. I remember reading in an interview that he saw no need to change his style. Maybe 3 yrs of riding the bench has changed his outlook?

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
                    No thanks. We need defense, and signing Morrison would just take time away from the wings we are already developing. I'd rather keep Wright.
                    If Morrison came on, he'd be a 12 guy like POB. He wouldn't take any time away from the guys the Raps are trying to develop, plus he'd be much cheaper than Wright.

Comment

If we resign bosh, and can get an all-star to play with him then yes get him at the minimum for 1.8 mill, when our starters come off the bench, or when DD gets an unreal dunk over someone we need someone off the bench to jump in a suit waving his hands in the air.

Adam Morrison, the last 2 years of his career has made every high school kid who was the 12th guy on the team feel special. He gives hope to water boys everywhere!

Comment

Why not? First off, we all know he would be a fan-fav on the Raps. People who say his game hasn't translated into the NBA, Ha! He was drafted in Charlotte, shouldn't that say enough? Then traded to L.A. They already had their rotation, however, he actually logged some really good minutes in. Adam-Mo has a really sweet stroke, and I think he could excel at what he's best at in the Raps system. Has this guy really gotten a fair chance?

Comment

I think he's still got a decent chance at being an NBA player, but he's completely the wrong type of player for the Raptors. Completely. I'd much rather use a roster spot for a player that would be much better for the team.
                          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

No way - there will be better cheap bench fodder out there that better meets our needs. And Morrison only started his first season well. Once NBA players figured him out he got worse as the season progressed. He went from winning a couple Rookie of the Week recognitions before Christmas to "What were you thinking Charlotte???" by springtime.

Comment

No, He is not the right type of Player for Raptors.
                              Lakers had Brian Shaw working One on One with him. Showing him films, working on his games and ... Very similar to what Kareem did with Bynum.

He got the attention, the Coaching that he will never get in Raptors ( well, look at out coaching staff and what they have done for some of our talents in recent years) and still was not able to impress.

Lets face it, Lakers bench consist of Shannon Brown and Jordan Farmer and he was not even able to out shine these guys.

He may have some games left on him but I don't think he fits the Raptor team that needs a hard nose, athletic competitors .

Comment

Working...
                              X