Thread: If Not Bosh, Then Who?

Raptors Republic Starter Katman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I like ... shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Katman wrote: View Post
    Shut it Katman, I'm the local Jokester on here and there's only room for me.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote philwill wrote: View Post
    I'm not mistaking anything!

When you add nine new faces in less than a year, how could you call that anything other than rebuilding?
    There's attempting to reload and there's rebuilding. If the team were rebuilding, they certainly wouldn't have plunked down $50 million on a 30 year old. If the team was rebuilding, Colangelo certainly isn't going to talk about believing this team can win 50 games. Rebuilding teams don't do that. If the team were rebuilding, he would have not put any pressure on the team to win now.

Rebuilding is a longterm commitment that requires patience and focuses on development over immediate wins. A rebuilding team isn't disappointed because they don't make the playoffs.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Katman wrote: View Post
    In drastic need of a plus button somewhere...

Raptors Republic Rookie philwill's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    There's attempting to reload and there's rebuilding. If the team were rebuilding, they certainly wouldn't have plunked down $50 million on a 30 year old. If the team was rebuilding, Colangelo certainly isn't going to talk about believing this team can win 50 games. Rebuilding teams don't do that. If the team were rebuilding, he would have not put any pressure on the team to win now.

Rebuilding is a longterm commitment that requires patience and focuses on development over immediate wins. A rebuilding team isn't disappointed because they don't make the playoffs.
    Well, I think there are probably a lot of grey areas in there, and multiple other organizational objectives that are sometimes conflicting or contradictory. I also think it's unwise to assume that the sign-and-trade (they didn't outright sign Hedo to a 50mil contract) involving Turk WASN'T part of the rebuilding process... especially now that he could be fodder for talented youth.

All I'm saying is that there is not as strict a line as you think between rebuilding and not rebuilding. The thunder, for example, are still the in the midst of a rebuild and should win 50 games. The Grizzlies are still in the midst of a rebuild and could win 50 games. Shit, the Nets could win 50 this year if all goes according to plan for them during this offseason... and they are not done rebuilding after a nearly complete dismantle of their almost-worst-ever team.

...then there is the very real possibility that things don't go according to plan, in which case they may go either better than, worse than, or both (in different contexts). This might have been an inadvertent rebuild, but I don't think it's any different -- it's still a rebuild -- and it's definitely time to start thinking about how to put together a championship team in 3-4 years time!
    It's about money

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information