Charlie Villanueva Charged With Domestic Assault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlie Villanueva Charged With Domestic Assault

"Detroit Pistons forward Charlie Villanueva faces a charge of domestic assault after a May 19 incident in Burlington, Ontario.

The 25-year-old Villanueva was released by Halton Regional Police on a promise to appear in court on July 9. The name of complainant and other details about the incident weren't available Tuesday.

His lawyer, Owen Wigderson, says Villanueva, "denies all allegations of wrongdoing and I'm very confident that he'll be exonerated.''"
    Source - Click here

Why was he in Burlington?
    It's about money

Comment

His kid still lives in the GTA, so he spends a lot of time here.

Comment

Sounds like it isn't serious, those days you can get charged with assualt if you just tap someone with a finger.

Comment

"His kid still lives in the GTA, so he spends a lot of time here."

I know he is not the best payer ever, but isn't it great that that he actually had his family in Ontario instead of trying to live in Orlando or some idiocy while playing for the Raptors.
          "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

He probably just knocked up a girl from Burlington while playing for the Raptors, and instead of marrying her and moving somewhere else, he just comes by to visit the kid. Great family values, just like Bosh.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
              Sounds like it isn't serious, those days you can get charged with assault if you just tap someone with a finger.
              DOMESTIC ASSAULT IS ALWAYS SERIOUS regardless of what his lawyers say.
              "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

"You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal...."

And it shouldn't surprise anyone that a guy with no body hair, who has played in Toronto and Detroit, keeps connections in Burlington...The man needs coats!

Also, domestic violence is NOT funny. Sorry about the jokes.

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                  DOMESTIC ASSAULT IS ALWAYS SERIOUS regardless of what his lawyers say.
                  Sure it is but you do not know the nature of the assuault and what exactly happen.

Comment

I think there is an automatic charge on a domestic whenever the police are called. Not saying this is the case, but ....

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                      Sure it is but you do not know the nature of the assuault and what exactly happen.
                      and neither do you. As long as we agree not to jump to conclusions on guilt or innocence, i'm happy. plus i doubt we need to have a ridiculous argument about gender and class disparities when comes to access to justice as its not really basket-ball related.

ps jokes are fine
                      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Working...
                      X