Thread: BC on Hedo: "Time has a way of healing things."

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default BC on Hedo: "Time has a way of healing things."

God, I hope it doesn't heal anytime soon because I've already accepted that Hedo's as good as gone.

Colangelo also wouldn't rule out keeping Turkoglu.

"Time has a way of healing things." Colangelo said when asked if Turkoglu could still return to Toronto despite publicly stating he wants out. "Whether or not we move him will be based on whether or not there's a deal there that we feel makes some sense for our team.

"All the uncertainty would lead you to believe there's a lot of balls in the air, a lot of trade discussions happening right now. How the roster looks today, it's going to look entirely different I'm sure a few weeks from now when it all plays out. If it's the same, we have a lot of talent."
    Source - Click here

Raptors Republic Rookie philwill's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I hear ya.

The facts that: the guy has just given up on Toronto, goes back to play for Turkey just to spite Toronto fans who recognized his season-long instability and exhaustion, and his outright admission that he would like out of Toronto after one year of a rich contract... ugggh, just get rid of him. He's poison.
    It's about money

Post Thanks / Like

I think Hedo will be dealt.

"How the roster looks today, it's going to look entirely different I'm sure a few weeks from now when it all plays out."

This is what I find entertaining in general.

Post Thanks / Like

Keep in mind you always give the impression that the house is in order to preserve whatever trade value is left. I don't know if Colangelo will get rid of Turk, but I know there's zero chance that Hedo and Jose ever play together again in a Raptors uniform.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Arsenalist wrote: View Post
    Keep in mind you always give the impression that the house is in order to preserve whatever trade value is left. I don't know if Colangelo will get rid of Turk, but I know there's zero chance that Hedo and Jose ever play together again in a Raptors uniform.
    Agree whole heartedly on the impression, but Turk is gone. BC was too angry when the story broke and for a collected guy, he doesn't show much.

Post Thanks / Like

Even though i think hedo is an idiot, I really wouldn't care if he was on the roster this year. If he does end up staying b/c his trade value was too low this year I really hope Triano delivers on his promise to take some plays from the magic's playbook.

Raptors Republic Rookie Vellassco's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It would have more meaning if its like : Time is a dressmaker specializing in alterations.

Raptors Republic Rookie bigmanshaq's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Can we just trade Hedo+13 pick for Corey Brewer +16 pick already ?

Raptors Republic Rookie BomKeyzi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What Colangelo said about old quotes from Chris Bosh being used, was much more news worthy than his Hedo comments

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Vellassco wrote: View Post
    It would have more meaning if its like : Time is a dressmaker specializing in alterations.
    +1

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote BomKeyzi wrote: View Post
    What Colangelo said about old quotes from Chris Bosh being used, was much more news worthy than his Hedo comments
    and what was it he said?

Raptors Republic Starter jeff_hostetler's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting article here on trade kickers...who has them, who's had them and then been traded. Basically the article argues good players have them, bad players and/or players with bad contracts have them triggered. Wonder where Hedo falls in that category.

http://blog.shamsports.com/2010/06/c...e-kickers.html

Also, on Turk being a douchebag: it's directly netted him millions of dollars. First he renegs last minute on a deal made with Portland, and makes himself 3 million in the process. Then he quits on the Raptors (who he quit on Portland to play for) and pretty much demands a trade. If he's traded he makes an extra 6.5 million. So, for all his troubles (and by troubles, i mean those which he's caused for everyone else), he gets nearly $10 million in extra pay. Crazy.
    Last edited by jeff_hostetler; Wed Jun 23rd, 2010 at 09:50 AM. Reason: typo

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

"If it's the same, we have a lot of talent."

Where is he hiding it? I mean I guess the Raps have a lot of talent compared to a team without any players on it, but not compared to the rest of the NBA.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
    If he's traded he makes an extra 6.5 million. So, for all his troubles (and by troubles, i mean those which he's caused for everyone else), he gets nearly $10 million in extra pay. Crazy.
    Is that in his contract?? Man I wish I could in on something like that at my work....

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a feeling Colangelo is not happy with the offers he's gotten for Turkoglu and he's not going to pull the trigger on something he doesn't like. That being said, I see Jose being packaged with Bosh as most of the teams he's been attributed to need a PG (Miami, New York, Lakers). Looks to me like we'll be keeping Hedo for another season with a possible Jack + 2 3rd Stringer PGs rotation (Jack + Banks + ??).

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome I've said all along I like Turk. Its not like he bashed his teamates or anything, so I don't see him being a cancer if he stays, and the fans will forgive him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I think Hedo will be dealt.

"How the roster looks today, it's going to look entirely different I'm sure a few weeks from now when it all plays out."

This is what I find entertaining in general.
    i know hedo will be dealt that is for sure. but, whether it's this year i'm not sure it could be in the middle of the season.

like what bryan murray did with heatley he waited for the right deal to come and then said ye bye(although, he also did pull the trigger on the edmonton deal but heatley turned it down.)
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm .... so much for draft day deal apparently involving Hedo. Maybe time does have a way in healing things.

Thread Information