This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosh's 3 Top Best Destinations

"Aside from LeBron James, Chris Bosh is in fact the only other top tier free-agent that has had numerous rumors speculated around his next departure.

Unlike Dwyane Wade, Bosh has hinted various times throughout the years that a re-signing with the Toronto Raptors is unlikely.

Last year Stephen A. Smith came out and reported that Bosh told him he wants nothing to do with the Raptors after the 09′-10′ season and that the forward had already told GM Bryan Colangelo that he will not re-sign with the team.

Bosh quickly turned down those rumors and if you’ve watched ESPN during the last year, Stephan A. Smith has not made an appearance since."

http://nbaprimetime.com/?p=870

Are you recommending the contents of the article? Because, statements like "..... Bosh has hinted various times throughout the years that a re-signing with the Toronto Raptors is unlikely." sets off serious red flags for those who follow the Raptors with any consistency.

Comment

Why on earth would anyone tell Stephen A Smith ANYTHING? And if Bosh really told Colangelo he wasn't going to re-sign, do you really think Colangelo wouldn't have traded him?
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

reebokforthree wrote: View Post
        Unlike Dwyane Wade, Bosh has hinted various times throughout the years that a re-signing with the Toronto Raptors is unlikely.
        This is the furthest from the truth. Do you seriously follow the Raptors? LOL, if anything, Wade has pressured Miami management on numerous occasions in the last two years to improve or he may be forced to look elsewhere. In fact just last season Wade was quoted saying "Chicago is fun to think about".

Bosh on the other hand hasn't indicated at any point up until his exit interview at the end of the 09-10 campaign that he needs to explore opportunities where he has a chance to compete for a championship.

Please google Chris Bosh interviews from the 2010 All Star Break in Dallas where he makes it pretty clear that Toronto was one of his main options and that re-signing was something he was strongly considering. His opinion changed after his injury when he watched the team from the sidelines and realized how garbage his supporting cast had been.

Comment

abstract wrote: View Post
          This is the furthest from the truth. Do you seriously follow the Raptors? LOL, if anything, Wade has pressured Miami management on numerous occasions in the last two years to improve or he may be forced to look elsewhere. In fact just last season Wade was quoted saying "Chicago is fun to think about".

Bosh on the other hand hasn't indicated at any point up until his exit interview at the end of the 09-10 campaign that he needs to explore opportunities where he has a chance to compete for a championship.

Please google Chris Bosh interviews from the 2010 All Star Break in Dallas where he makes it pretty clear that Toronto was one of his main options and that re-signing was something he was strongly considering. His opinion changed after his injury when he watched the team from the sidelines and realized how garbage his supporting cast had been.
          Hey, at the end of the day, Stephen Ahole Smith, Jalen Rose, Smitch, who cares who says CB is going to leave. CB IS GOING TO LEAVE. If you think otherwise, then, well, u r wrong. AND, if BC does sign him to a new deal that would be the downfall of the franchise anyways.

Bargs is the new and improved leader of the squad.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
            Hey, at the end of the day, Stephen Ahole Smith, Jalen Rose, Smitch, who cares who says CB is going to leave. CB IS GOING TO LEAVE. If you think otherwise, then, well, u r wrong. AND, if BC does sign him to a new deal that would be the downfall of the franchise anyways.

Bargs is the new and improved leader of the squad.
            I never suggested that they're wrong or that Bosh will re-sign. I was pointing out that Bosh never made any statements about wanting to leave and was actually quite happy with the situation in Toronto (being the franchise player) as recently as two months ago.

Furthermore, Bargs is largely unproven and had a chance to be the leader while Bosh was injured during the last stretch and he didn't exactly showcase any level of leadership. He can potentially be a force offensively and improve defensively if moved to the 4 spot, but it's a bit premature and baseless to expect a player of his demeanor and attitude to become the team leader.

I'm not here to argue on the merit of re-signing Bosh, but the team was quite obviously better with him on the floor, i.e. 5th in the east with 28 wins heading into the all-star break. Surrounding him with better talent wouldn't exactly be the 'downfall' of the franchise.

Having said that, at this point I can care less about the outcome of the CB situation... as long as the team doesn't do a trade for Eric Williams, Aaron Williams, an injured and angry Alonzo Mourning and a future 1st round pick, I think we'll be OK lol.

Comment

Working...
            X