Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 83

Thread: Proposal - Bargnani to Minnesota

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Proposal - Bargnani to Minnesota

    On my latest blog post, I suggested that Minnesota might be the best option as a trading partner for Bargnani.

    The T-Wolves started Darko, instead of the more talented Love with Jefferson because they want Jefferson to play at his more natural position of PF and because Darko can play on the perimeter, leaving the inside to Jefferson. On offense, Bargnani would be a perfect pairing for Jefferson. Defense is another story, but we’ll let Minnesota worry about that.
    The Picket Fence

    There would be three separate targets. In order priority, the first would be RIck Rubio, the second Kevin Love and the third their 4th pick.

    So does anyone think Minnesota would go for any one of these?

    Personally, Bargnani for Rubio (and perhaps Gomes) would make me ecstatic.

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Why give up on a guy that we have gone through the learning years with for a *potential* star point guard ... ??

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote doublesman wrote: View Post
    Why give up on a guy that we have gone through the learning years with for a *potential* star point guard ... ??
    Because the "potential" star at point guard will be much better, in my opinion. Bargnani's never going to be an All-Star (no matter what Multipaul says), and is a horrible fit for the Raptors. I see Rubio as that special type of player that doesn't come around very often. He's a winner who has an unmatched feel for the game.

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    73
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I agree with Tim, if we can get that I would say yes before Minnesota even finished saying Rubio. I'm not so sure about Kevin Love, it depends on what happens with Bosh. If Bosh goes then yea I'd take Love.

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    698
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Personally I would rather get Rubio another way like for a sign and trade for Bosh, or anyone else we have including DeRozan. A seven footer like Bargnani is not an easy find and I know he'll get so much better without playing in Bosh's shadow as will everyone else.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    575
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Rubio is soooooooooooooooo sick!

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    285
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Bargnani for Rubio??? I would seriously give up on this team if that went through...

    You want to trade one of the few guys who actually wants to be here (not to mention our soon-to-be best player) for a guy who's never played in the NBA and may not be here for another 2-3 years?!?!?

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    698
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Timmy thinks Bargnani is a horrible fit for the Raptors even though he has no idea what this team will look like in three weeks. Just maybe the right pieces with Bargnani will make him a valuable 7 footer, versus what he is with stat padder on the team. Personally if BC does keep Bosh I too hope he trades Bargnani because otherwise he will be doomed to mediocrity like anyone else who plays with Bosh on the Raptors.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    987
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Pizzaman wrote: View Post
    Timmy thinks Bargnani is a horrible fit for the Raptors even though he has no idea what this team will look like in three weeks. Just maybe the right pieces with Bargnani will make him a valuable 7 footer, versus what he is with stat padder on the team. Personally if BC does keep Bosh I too hope he trades Bargnani because otherwise he will be doomed to mediocrity like anyone else who plays with Bosh on the Raptors.
    It is good to be a Hater Pizzaman , you don't need any logic to back up what you say

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The chance of the Raptors getting a defensive and rebounding PF, a slashing SF who can defend and rebound and a ballhawking PG this summer makes me logically think that Bargnani will still be a horrible fit for the Raptors after this summer. Believing otherwise defies logic.

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,176
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    The chance of the Raptors getting a defensive and rebounding PF, a slashing SF who can defend and rebound and a ballhawking PG this summer makes me logically think that Bargnani will still be a horrible fit for the Raptors after this summer. Believing otherwise defies logic.
    Not as difficult as you may think. I do it all the time in whatever version of NBA 2K is out. But you know what, he rebounds so much better in that game-world, he doesn't really need the help all that much.

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,176
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    So does anyone think Minnesota would go for any one of these?
    Minnesota has successfully made themselves completely unpredictable. Don't think anyone can really say what they would or wouldn't do.

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    987
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Personally, Bargnani for Rubio (and perhaps Gomes) would make me ecstatic.
    Get another first round pick from them and I would do it in a heartbeat.

  14. #14
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
    Get another first round pick from them and I would do it in a heartbeat.
    Quote santimo wrote: View Post
    I don't think Minnesota would give up a top 5 pick in Rubio PLUS another 1st round pick for Bargs. So it would probably have to be Rubio and some filler for Bargs. Personally, I like Rubio enough that I would make that trade.
    I could see asking for the 23rd pick or maybe a 2nd round pick. The Timberwolves do have enough cap room to not trade anything else back, and they don't have much to send back. Gomes is probably their most expendable contract.

    Quote jrdyck wrote: View Post
    Ricky Rubio's 2009/10 Euroleague Stats:
    21 mpg
    6.8 ppg
    2.9 rebs
    4.1 asts
    2.1 TOs
    37% FG
    36% 3PT
    89% FT

    What's so great about him anyway? I don't care if he's 19 years old, a 5th overall pick should be tearing it up in Europe...
    European stats are always misleading. And you didn't mention the most important stat: One Euroleague Championship. Spend enough time watching him and you see he's a special player.

  15. #15
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    285
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Ricky Rubio's 2009/10 Euroleague Stats:
    21 mpg
    6.8 ppg
    2.9 rebs
    4.1 asts
    2.1 TOs
    37% FG
    36% 3PT
    89% FT

    What's so great about him anyway? I don't care if he's 19 years old, a 5th overall pick should be tearing it up in Europe...

  16. #16
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    73
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote jrdyck wrote: View Post
    Ricky Rubio's 2009/10 Euroleague Stats:
    21 mpg
    6.8 ppg
    2.9 rebs
    4.1 asts
    2.1 TOs
    37% FG
    36% 3PT
    89% FT

    What's so great about him anyway? I don't care if he's 19 years old, a 5th overall pick should be tearing it up in Europe...
    Actually NO ONE really tears it up in the Euroleague, it's not like the NBA with isolations, shots early in the shot clock, etc. It's a slower paced game, more hand-checking allowed, and I don't think there are many players that play more than half the game. take a look at Brandon Jennings' numbers at Roma.

    What's great about Rubio is mainly his vision and basketball IQ. He's quick enough to get by most guards and he's gotten better at finishing at the rim. Oh and he started for Spain in the Gold medal game in the Olympics and played very well...as an 18 year old! He's been playing against professional player since he was 15. I think he'll be just fine in the NBA.

  17. #17
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    73
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I don't think Minnesota would give up a top 5 pick in Rubio PLUS another 1st round pick for Bargs. So it would probably have to be Rubio and some filler for Bargs. Personally, I like Rubio enough that I would make that trade.

  18. #18
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    698
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Raptor4Ever I assume yu mean Timmy is a hater, or maybe you for all the hate you put on a 7 footer who never played center before the Raptors turned him into one without much help I might say, playing third fiddle at best behind stat padder, Jose, and last year even the useless Turk, and still managed 17 and 6 leading the team in blocks, and the teams best man defender. Maybe if they got the kid a coach he could do other stuff. I don't hate, I am simply sick of seeing the Bosh show. How about a guy who has been the centerpiece for four years, been here for 7 and cannot lead this team anywhere but down...oh I forgot he still got his 20 and 10 though. Personally I bet evry Raptor player is praying for Bsh to go so this team can try to find an identity as a team versus the Bosh plus 4 gang.

  19. #19
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,176
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Pizzaman wrote: View Post
    Raptor4Ever I assume yu mean Timmy is a hater, or maybe you for all the hate you put on a 7 footer who never played center before the Raptors turned him into one without much help I might say, playing third fiddle at best behind stat padder, Jose, and last year even the useless Turk, and still managed 17 and 6 leading the team in blocks, and the teams best man defender. Maybe if they got the kid a coach he could do other stuff. I don't hate, I am simply sick of seeing the Bosh show. How about a guy who has been the centerpiece for four years, been here for 7 and cannot lead this team anywhere but down...oh I forgot he still got his 20 and 10 though. Personally I bet evry Raptor player is praying for Bsh to go so this team can try to find an identity as a team versus the Bosh plus 4 gang.
    Wow, if you really are a Bargnani fan, you'd do him more justice if you kept your thoughts to yourself. I'm a supporter of his, but boy, you sure make it sound like he needs all the excuses. QQ.

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Pizzaman wrote: View Post
    Raptor4Ever I assume yu mean Timmy is a hater, or maybe you for all the hate you put on a 7 footer who never played center before the Raptors turned him into one without much help I might say, playing third fiddle at best behind stat padder, Jose, and last year even the useless Turk, and still managed 17 and 6 leading the team in blocks, and the teams best man defender. Maybe if they got the kid a coach he could do other stuff. I don't hate, I am simply sick of seeing the Bosh show. How about a guy who has been the centerpiece for four years, been here for 7 and cannot lead this team anywhere but down...oh I forgot he still got his 20 and 10 though. Personally I bet evry Raptor player is praying for Bsh to go so this team can try to find an identity as a team versus the Bosh plus 4 gang.
    rap of the day. i totally agree with this, most raptors fans do too. this year we will have a real TEAM , not a prima dona in overrated bosh

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •