Proposal - Bargnani to Minnesota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chris wrote: View Post
    anyhow, to the matter at hand, i'd do all three of those trades in a millisecond. problem is i think minny prefers to trade jefferson, whom i wouldn't give up bargs for.

i really love rubio, and put him on par with the likes rose, rondo, or wall in terms of being franchise point guards to build around for 10+ years. my only reservation about him (that i don't think has been brought up yet) is that i've read he's not likely to come to the nba until 2012, not 2011, on account of him having a player option for one more year with his current team and the possibility of a lockout in 2011.

and if he does come in 2012 he's not bound to a rookie scale contract, so we'd hold his rights but he'd command free agent money. say 10 million a year. personally i think he's worth it (hell what are we paying jose? like 9.8 or something?) but it's still a pretty big risk to take on a player who's never played an nba game.
    Yes, I've read the same reports, which seem to contradict what I'd read earlier in the year, that they want to keep Jefferson and trade Love. Personally, I think that is much smarter, as I'm not a big fan of big men who don't play defense, but I still wonder if they are still a good target for Bargnani.

I don't know if Rubio is still bound to his rookie contract. I was under the impression he was. Anyone care to help out?
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
      Yes, I've read the same reports, which seem to contradict what I'd read earlier in the year, that they want to keep Jefferson and trade Love. Personally, I think that is much smarter, as I'm not a big fan of big men who don't play defense, but I still wonder if they are still a good target for Bargnani.

I don't know if Rubio is still bound to his rookie contract. I was under the impression he was. Anyone care to help out?
      i was thinking of this article in particular by jonathan givony of draft express for si: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...eld/index.html

Comment

chris wrote: View Post
        i was thinking of this article in particular by jonathan givony of draft express for si: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...eld/index.html
        Seems you're right. Tiago Splitter is rumoured to be possibly getting most, if not all, of the Spurs MLE, so that backs it up, as well. He was a first round pick, but from three years ago.

Financially, it makes more sense to wait until 2012. Whether he wants to wait that long, and whether he can be persuaded to come before that, is the question. Either way, I think now is the best time to try and get him for the Raptors.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Yup, rookie scale no longer applies after 3 years.

And someone being your best player by default is not a good reason for making him untouchable. It's probably easier to build a team around Love (good passer, good rebounder) or the #4 draft pick (Favors or Cousins) and if we can clear salary in a hurry, we could try to aim for the next big off-season. I'm not 100% sure about Rubio, but mostly because he would no longer be on an affordable rookie scale contract.
          Last edited by Quixotic; Thu Jun 24, 2010, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
            Ask anyone, even Tim W. Bargnani is our best player. Trading him would be tantamount to team suicide. We NEED him, not Bosh.
            while i have no intention of jumping on the bosh ball washing bandwagon, the upside of rubio is alot higher than bargs

at best, bargs can MAYBE make an all-star team... in the same sort of vein that jamal magloire and tyrone hill made all-star teams..

rubio has the potential of being a franchise defining point guard..

Comment

rubio will never be an all star. his haircut is ridiculous. plus, his attitude is worse than cb's, he's like the justin bieber of europe. imagine derozan got drafted to the raps and said...'nahhh im gonna go make millions in europe instead, sorry u wasted ur lottery pick'. this guys a douche. he will ascend to calderon levels at best, while bargs will ascend to kareem/bill russell levels.

Comment

I'm starting to believe Multipaul is secretly a guy who doesn't like Bargs and posts about him to make anyone who does look like an idiot. Not that I think he should stop, his use of ridiculous logic, the fact he makes statements like,

Ask anyone, even Tim W. Bargnani is our best player. Trading him would be tantamount to team suicide. We NEED him, not Bosh.
                and his utter disregard of other peoples arguments always makes me smile a little. Keep it up MultiPaul!
                "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
                  I'm starting to believe Multipaul is secretly a guy who doesn't like Bargs and posts about him to make anyone who does look like an idiot. Not that I think he should stop, his use of ridiculous logic, the fact he makes statements like,

and his utter disregard of other peoples arguments always makes me smile a little. Keep it up MultiPaul!
                  u da man

Bargs and Ed Davis, All star Killer B/Ds
                  Last edited by Multipaul; Fri Jun 25, 2010, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X