Proposal - Bargnani to Minnesota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposal - Bargnani to Minnesota

On my latest blog post, I suggested that Minnesota might be the best option as a trading partner for Bargnani.

The T-Wolves started Darko, instead of the more talented Love with Jefferson because they want Jefferson to play at his more natural position of PF and because Darko can play on the perimeter, leaving the inside to Jefferson. On offense, Bargnani would be a perfect pairing for Jefferson. Defense is another story, but we’ll let Minnesota worry about that.
    The Picket Fence

There would be three separate targets. In order priority, the first would be RIck Rubio, the second Kevin Love and the third their 4th pick.

So does anyone think Minnesota would go for any one of these?

Personally, Bargnani for Rubio (and perhaps Gomes) would make me ecstatic.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Why give up on a guy that we have gone through the learning years with for a *potential* star point guard ... ??

Comment

I agree with Tim, if we can get that I would say yes before Minnesota even finished saying Rubio. I'm not so sure about Kevin Love, it depends on what happens with Bosh. If Bosh goes then yea I'd take Love.

Comment

Personally I would rather get Rubio another way like for a sign and trade for Bosh, or anyone else we have including DeRozan. A seven footer like Bargnani is not an easy find and I know he'll get so much better without playing in Bosh's shadow as will everyone else.

Comment

Rubio is soooooooooooooooo sick!

Comment

doublesman wrote: View Post
            Why give up on a guy that we have gone through the learning years with for a *potential* star point guard ... ??
            Because the "potential" star at point guard will be much better, in my opinion. Bargnani's never going to be an All-Star (no matter what Multipaul says), and is a horrible fit for the Raptors. I see Rubio as that special type of player that doesn't come around very often. He's a winner who has an unmatched feel for the game.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Bargnani for Rubio??? I would seriously give up on this team if that went through...

You want to trade one of the few guys who actually wants to be here (not to mention our soon-to-be best player) for a guy who's never played in the NBA and may not be here for another 2-3 years?!?!?

Comment

Timmy thinks Bargnani is a horrible fit for the Raptors even though he has no idea what this team will look like in three weeks. Just maybe the right pieces with Bargnani will make him a valuable 7 footer, versus what he is with stat padder on the team. Personally if BC does keep Bosh I too hope he trades Bargnani because otherwise he will be doomed to mediocrity like anyone else who plays with Bosh on the Raptors.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                  So does anyone think Minnesota would go for any one of these?
                  Minnesota has successfully made themselves completely unpredictable. Don't think anyone can really say what they would or wouldn't do.

Comment

Pizzaman wrote: View Post
                    Timmy thinks Bargnani is a horrible fit for the Raptors even though he has no idea what this team will look like in three weeks. Just maybe the right pieces with Bargnani will make him a valuable 7 footer, versus what he is with stat padder on the team. Personally if BC does keep Bosh I too hope he trades Bargnani because otherwise he will be doomed to mediocrity like anyone else who plays with Bosh on the Raptors.
                    It is good to be a Hater Pizzaman , you don't need any logic to back up what you say

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                      Personally, Bargnani for Rubio (and perhaps Gomes) would make me ecstatic.
                      Get another first round pick from them and I would do it in a heartbeat.

Comment

Ricky Rubio's 2009/10 Euroleague Stats:
                        21 mpg
                        6.8 ppg
                        2.9 rebs
                        4.1 asts
                        2.1 TOs
                        37% FG
                        36% 3PT
                        89% FT

What's so great about him anyway? I don't care if he's 19 years old, a 5th overall pick should be tearing it up in Europe...

Comment

I don't think Minnesota would give up a top 5 pick in Rubio PLUS another 1st round pick for Bargs. So it would probably have to be Rubio and some filler for Bargs. Personally, I like Rubio enough that I would make that trade.

Comment

Raptor4Ever I assume yu mean Timmy is a hater, or maybe you for all the hate you put on a 7 footer who never played center before the Raptors turned him into one without much help I might say, playing third fiddle at best behind stat padder, Jose, and last year even the useless Turk, and still managed 17 and 6 leading the team in blocks, and the teams best man defender. Maybe if they got the kid a coach he could do other stuff. I don't hate, I am simply sick of seeing the Bosh show. How about a guy who has been the centerpiece for four years, been here for 7 and cannot lead this team anywhere but down...oh I forgot he still got his 20 and 10 though. Personally I bet evry Raptor player is praying for Bsh to go so this team can try to find an identity as a team versus the Bosh plus 4 gang.

Comment

Pizzaman wrote: View Post
                              Raptor4Ever I assume yu mean Timmy is a hater, or maybe you for all the hate you put on a 7 footer who never played center before the Raptors turned him into one without much help I might say, playing third fiddle at best behind stat padder, Jose, and last year even the useless Turk, and still managed 17 and 6 leading the team in blocks, and the teams best man defender. Maybe if they got the kid a coach he could do other stuff. I don't hate, I am simply sick of seeing the Bosh show. How about a guy who has been the centerpiece for four years, been here for 7 and cannot lead this team anywhere but down...oh I forgot he still got his 20 and 10 though. Personally I bet evry Raptor player is praying for Bsh to go so this team can try to find an identity as a team versus the Bosh plus 4 gang.
                              Wow, if you really are a Bargnani fan, you'd do him more justice if you kept your thoughts to yourself. I'm a supporter of his, but boy, you sure make it sound like he needs all the excuses. QQ.

Comment

Working...
                              X