No announcement yet.

Proposal - Bargnani to Minnesota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rubio will need years to find his way in the nba, if he ever does. still cant believe he stiffed the nba and his drafter by going back to europe when he didnt like who drafted him. disgraceful, and u wanna trade our best player away?

Bargs. Toronto's REAL all atar

Comment

you don't need excuses when you put up 17 and 6 as the teams third or fourth option. What other teams have a guy in that role with that average?? Many of the guys the haters want instead of Bargnani are way inferior to him. That's hate.

Comment

The chance of the Raptors getting a defensive and rebounding PF, a slashing SF who can defend and rebound and a ballhawking PG this summer makes me logically think that Bargnani will still be a horrible fit for the Raptors after this summer. Believing otherwise defies logic.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Pizzaman wrote: View Post
          you don't need excuses when you put up 17 and 6 as the teams third or fourth option. What other teams have a guy in that role with that average?? Many of the guys the haters want instead of Bargnani are way inferior to him. That's hate.
          Read again, I said you make it sound like he needs the excuse making from you. As in, you sure make a lot of excuses. =P

Plus, is there a point to listing the "and 6" bit? I don't care all that much about his lack of rebounding prowess, but the "and 6" bit should at the very least come by default. Not really an accomplishment there, if you know what I mean.

Comment

How many third or fourth options take 14 shots per game, more than any player on Orlando, Utah, San Antonio or Boston, and 5 more shots than the player with the third most shots on the team?
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
              The chance of the Raptors getting a defensive and rebounding PF, a slashing SF who can defend and rebound and a ballhawking PG this summer makes me logically think that Bargnani will still be a horrible fit for the Raptors after this summer. Believing otherwise defies logic.
              Not as difficult as you may think. I do it all the time in whatever version of NBA 2K is out. But you know what, he rebounds so much better in that game-world, he doesn't really need the help all that much.

Comment

Of course I wasn't thinking nearly as logically as you! I understand your right to hate and love whoever you like, however to say that the reason he's a horrible fit is because you alone pretty much know exactly what BC is going to do and get is pretty absurd. You have no idea what will happen in three weeks, and therefore have no idea if Bargs is a horrible fit. What if they get a rebounding defensive big who Andrea compliments nicely. What if they get a PG that actually knows how to play the pick and roll, or even more incredible what if they shoot for the stars and get two guards and a wing that can stay in front of their man most nights so the two bigs do not always have to play defense for the?

Comment

jrdyck wrote: View Post
                  Ricky Rubio's 2009/10 Euroleague Stats:
                  21 mpg
                  6.8 ppg
                  2.9 rebs
                  4.1 asts
                  2.1 TOs
                  37% FG
                  36% 3PT
                  89% FT

What's so great about him anyway? I don't care if he's 19 years old, a 5th overall pick should be tearing it up in Europe...
                  Actually NO ONE really tears it up in the Euroleague, it's not like the NBA with isolations, shots early in the shot clock, etc. It's a slower paced game, more hand-checking allowed, and I don't think there are many players that play more than half the game. take a look at Brandon Jennings' numbers at Roma.

What's great about Rubio is mainly his vision and basketball IQ. He's quick enough to get by most guards and he's gotten better at finishing at the rim. Oh and he started for Spain in the Gold medal game in the Olympics and played very well...as an 18 year old! He's been playing against professional player since he was 15. I think he'll be just fine in the NBA.

Comment

At 22.3%, Bargnani had the second highest usage of the team's regular minute guys, higher than Turk, Jack, Calderon, etc. He was clearly the team's second option on offense and had plenty of opportunities. It's just a shame he couldn't make the most of them.

The 6 rebounds is better left unmentioned unless you're trying to counter your own piss poor argument.

Comment

You may be right about the shots and you might not because I don't have the patience to look it all up now, but there are many players on the teams you mention making way more than Bargnani without better numbers.
                      Quixotic I'm not saying 6 reboundsis anything to brag about, I'm saying not many of the guys in his position necessarily average more than that. His rebounding numbers will improve this year as will the rest of his game.

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
                        Get another first round pick from them and I would do it in a heartbeat.
                        santimo wrote: View Post
                        I don't think Minnesota would give up a top 5 pick in Rubio PLUS another 1st round pick for Bargs. So it would probably have to be Rubio and some filler for Bargs. Personally, I like Rubio enough that I would make that trade.
                        I could see asking for the 23rd pick or maybe a 2nd round pick. The Timberwolves do have enough cap room to not trade anything else back, and they don't have much to send back. Gomes is probably their most expendable contract.

jrdyck wrote: View Post
                        Ricky Rubio's 2009/10 Euroleague Stats:
                        21 mpg
                        6.8 ppg
                        2.9 rebs
                        4.1 asts
                        2.1 TOs
                        37% FG
                        36% 3PT
                        89% FT

What's so great about him anyway? I don't care if he's 19 years old, a 5th overall pick should be tearing it up in Europe...
                        European stats are always misleading. And you didn't mention the most important stat: One Euroleague Championship. Spend enough time watching him and you see he's a special player.
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

You may be right about the shots and you might not because I don't have the patience to look it all up now, but there are many players on the teams you mention making way more than Bargnani without better numbers.
                          Quixotic I'm not saying 6 reboundsis anything to brag about, I'm saying not many of the guys in his position necessarily average more than that. His rebounding numbers will improve this year as will the rest of his game.
                          Nope, you fail. Thanks for coming out though.

Comment

[...] however to say that the reason he's a horrible fit is because you alone pretty much know exactly what BC is going to do and get is pretty absurd. You have no idea what will happen in three weeks, and therefore have no idea if Bargs is a horrible fit. What if [...] What if [...]
                            Um, his horrible fit assessment was basically a conditional statement. In plain English: if they could get A, B and C, he'd be a good fit, but since the chance of that is low, he's most likely going to be a bad fit. No mind-reading there.

How can you possibly argue with that kind of statement. Even the biggest *logical* Bargnani supporters all would agree that when you have a big who tends to play away from the basket to draw the opposing bigs out, you need other players on your team to compensate. Or when you have a big who rebounds poorly, you need your wings and guards to step it up. Not neuroscience here.

Comment

Are you serious? *Speechless* If not many centers playing major minutes average more than that per minute, please find me even five that don't. Should be easy if not many average more, right?

Don't worry, I don't expect you to do it. I do expect you to say "I don't have the time or patience to look it up so there may be or there might not be; either way, I'm still right." =P

Comment

If you don't know, then what are you basing your argument on? And yes, there are players that are making more money than Bargnani that take fewer shots, but that's not how players are judged. Those players who make more money generally are much better at other aspects of the game, like rebounding, defending, passing etc.

And most 7 footers who play 35 mpg average far more than 6 rebounds per game. He was 79th in the league in rebounding per minute only involving players that grabbed at least 800 rebounds or played at least 70 games. 79th!!!! There is simply no excuse at all for how poor a rebounder he is. None.
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X