No announcement yet.

Proposal - Bargnani to Minnesota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get it into your thick skull that Bargnani will not be traded this season. I think of all the vague stuff that BC's been telling the media, only one thing is clear. Bargnani is untouchable.

If they really wanted to retain Bosh ever since, they wouldve traded Bargnani. We all know that he's sort of the "heir" to Bosh's throne, if he gets traded, its like saying to Bosh, this is forever your team. But have the Raps done that, nope. They want to keep Bosh but not the expense of letting Bargnani go. There's not even a spec of gossip circling around re: Bargnani being discussed in a trade. Doesnt anybody notice this but me? The whole Raps team is being discussed, Wright, POB, Rasho are pretty much goners due to expired contracts, Banks and Evans might be traded due to expiring contracts, Belinelli could be packaged with Turk or even Bosh, Jack vs. Jose, re-sign Amir. The only 2 players who have never been discussed are DD and Bargs. Because theyre not going any-fucking-where.
    Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Wed Jun 23, 2010, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Quixotic I dont really compare him to many centers because he's playing out of position since we already had a stat padder in his normal position. I'm comparing him to other forwards. Still as a scoring option he ranks right up there behind some of the best centers.
      Also the neuroscience comment says what? that you are smarter...give me a break!! You're entitled to your views as I am mine, but don't imply I'm inferior in intillect to you or Timmy. I know what he was saying, however I was implying he has no idea what might come of the next few weeks, nor how the players we actually have next year will respond to a different team, with a tougher assistant coach. You also don't have to be a nano biotechnologist to get that either!!

Comment

Sooo anyways.....I'm hearing that these are reasonable deals. Whether or not Minnesota bites is another thing, but I would think they might be tempted by one of them. Personally, I want the deal for Rubio, but would be happy with any of them.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
          Get it into your thick skull that Bargnani will not be traded this season. I think of all the vague stuff that BC's been telling the media, only one thing is clear. Bargnani is untouchable.
          Well, first of all, I don't think he's untouchable, I just think it would take a special deal for Colangelo to be tempted. Secondly, you do realize these are not predictions, right? I'm not predicting these would happen, just wishing they would. I don't believe that Colangelo reads anything in this forum, or even hears about it. I am simply throwing ideas out there that I think would be good for the team.

Also, this is the first Bargnani trade proposal I have ever suggested on here, as far as I know, so I'm not sure where the frustration comes from. Maybe spending some time "by yourself" might be an idea to relieve some stress.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
            If you don't know, then what are you basing your argument on? And yes, there are players that are making more money than Bargnani that take fewer shots, but that's not how players are judged. Those players who make more money generally are much better at other aspects of the game, like rebounding, defending, passing etc.

And most 7 footers who play 35 mpg average far more than 6 rebounds per game. He was 79th in the league in rebounding per minute only involving players that grabbed at least 800 rebounds or played at least 70 games. 79th!!!! There is simply no excuse at all for how poor a rebounder he is. None.
            Sorry but your argument that just because he is a 7 footer that means he has to rebound is a bit iffy. I think in the NBA today, players getting stuck in one position is pretty much an abomination. Players are more like hybrids now, most are trained in all aspects of the game, and when they start developing, the skills that come out more are developed more. Bargnani's case, all his life in the Euroleague he was developed as a scorer, with other guys doing the dirty work. Like i said before, you draft players for what they can do, not for what you want to turn them into. you cant expect a scorer to get defensive after years and years of playing as a scorer. you can train him, if he absorbs it then good, if not then that what you should expect anyways. same with other jobs, you work as a janitor since 12 then when you turn 25 you get trained in IT. the guy who's been in IT since he was 18 will probably beat you in every IT aspect, but you can probably beat him if you absorb more training later on. jameer nelson is a PG. he's height is what a PG should be. but how many asts does he average compared to nash? or paul? but despite nelson's low ast ave, he was still kicking ass in the playoffs. Get it?

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
              Well, first of all, I don't think he's untouchable, I just think it would take a special deal for Colangelo to be tempted. Secondly, you do realize these are not predictions, right? I'm not predicting these would happen, just wishing they would. I don't believe that Colangelo reads anything in this forum, or even hears about it. I am simply throwing ideas out there that I think would be good for the team.

Also, this is the first Bargnani trade proposal I have ever suggested on here, as far as I know, so I'm not sure where the frustration comes from. Maybe spending some time "by yourself" might be an idea to relieve some stress.
              hahaha sorry man, this heat is really fucking killing me. and the drive home was terrible. as soon as i read you message, it gave me the perfect reason to vent. hahaha. mah bad.

Comment

If they really wanted to retain Bosh ever since, they wouldve traded Bargnani. We all know that he's sort of the "heir" to Bosh's throne, if he gets traded, its like saying to Bosh, this is forever your team. But have the Raps done that, nope. They want to keep Bosh but not the expense of letting Bargnani go. There's not even a spec of gossip circling around re: Bargnani being discussed in a trade. Doesnt anybody notice this but me? The whole Raps team is being discussed, Wright, POB, Rasho are pretty much goners due to expired contracts, Banks and Evans might be traded due to expiring contracts, Belinelli could be packaged with Turk or even Bosh, Jack vs. Jose, re-sign Amir. The only 2 players who have never been discussed are DD and Bargs. Because theyre not going any-fucking-where.
                Actually, if anything is true, it's that BC will trade *anyone* for the right price. There's a big difference between untouchable and not having received a good enough offer. Hell, even Kobe or LBJ could be traded if the right package came along.

And this part here -- "The only 2 players who have never been discussed are DD and Bargs. Because theyre not going any-fucking-where." -- is purely in your (revisionist?) head. It also helps that the team has only four contracts guaranteed beyond 2010/2011 and a very likely 5th in a rookie scale contract, with one of the four essentially demanding a trade, and with the GM actually discussing the possibility of trading one of Jack/Calderon. Thank you Captain Obvious, but it doesn't mean DeRozan and Bargnani are safe.

Comment

Quixotic wrote: View Post
                  Actually, if anything is true, it's that BC will trade *anyone* for the right price. There's a big difference between untouchable and not having received a good enough offer. Hell, even Kobe or LBJ could be traded if the right package came along.

And this part here -- "The only 2 players who have never been discussed are DD and Bargs. Because theyre not going any-fucking-where." -- is purely in your (revisionist?) head. It also helps that the team has only four contracts guaranteed beyond 2010/2011 and a very likely 5th in a rookie scale contract, with one of the four essentially demanding a trade, and with the GM actually discussing the possibility of trading one of Jack/Calderon. Thank you Captain Obvious, but it doesn't mean DeRozan and Bargnani are safe.
                  They aren't untouchable but the likely hood of them being traded is very slim. Plus, I love watching DDR fly over the rim and Bargnani always looking clueless.

Comment

Sorry but your argument that just because he is a 7 footer that means he has to rebound is a bit iffy. I think in the NBA today, players getting stuck in one position is pretty much an abomination. Players are more like hybrids now, most are trained in all aspects of the game, and when they start developing, the skills that come out more are developed more.
                    What are you even trying to say? To take it easy on Bargnani because he really only does a couple things decent to well? He's a very bad rebounder. That's just the way it is. He hurts the team on the glass just being out there. It doesn't matter if he was a PG or a C. His motor and drive for the ball are atrocious, his defensive awareness is poor, and his scoring isn't quite good enough to overcompensate. He is an average NBA player at best.

Comment

I would never try to acquire Rubio until he is actually in the NBA and I certainly wouldn't trade our second best player for him when he could just decide he likes Europe better. I wouldn't mind a trade for the fourth pick and someone else, or if we could trade bargs and the 13th for Love and the fourth, that would be good.
                      "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Pizzaman wrote: View Post
                        Quixotic I dont really compare him to many centers because he's playing out of position since we already had a stat padder in his normal position. I'm comparing him to other forwards. Still as a scoring option he ranks right up there behind some of the best centers.
                        Okay, okay, you need to get the stat padder argument out of your system. Too much bitter QQ. Also, why would you compare him to bigs for points and then say to compare him to SFs for points? I assume you mean SF because if you meant PF, Bargnani is still one of the worst rebounders per minute at that position. Get that part straight, then make an argument.

And as for what tbthis said, I'm a big proponent of the unorthodox -- Bargnani doesn't have to rebound well just because he's 7 feet tall. But when his defensive position is as a 4 or 5 (no, he's too slow to guard most NBA 3s not named Turkoglu), that means you typically have one less starting spot for a 4/5 who CAN rebound, so you need your 1s, 2s or 3s to pick up the slack in the rebounding department.

Also the neuroscience comment says what? that you are smarter...give me a break!! You're entitled to your views as I am mine, but don't imply I'm inferior in intillect to you or Timmy. I know what he was saying [...]
                        No, it means it wasn't hard to understand, and if you did understand what was being said, why did you bother regurgitating everything he said, only re-worded?

Comment

Bargnani for Love. Done. LOVE IT. (But likely won't happen)
                          http://twitter.com/Liston

Comment

Whatever I'm tired of arguing and I'm starting to soften up. Hell I was in such a crappy mood for a pile of reasons then I saw this, and I even turned down the wife. Screw it this is not that important to get worked up about. Let's see what actually happens in the next few weeks and then argue and complain. One thing for sure I have no freakin idea what to do without my basketball fix. I hate that the playoffs are over.

Comment

I'm gonna settle this Bargnani rebounding thing once and for all.

Rarely, if ever, does a team's second-leading rebounder average more than 7-8 RPG. OK, Bargnani gets 6.2, but it really isn't that bad. Only 34 players (approx. 1 per team) in the entire league average 7 RPG or more, so it's extremely unlikely that 2 out of those 34 will be on any given team. Bosh is an excellent rebounder at 6th overall which makes it even harder for Bargnani to break the top 34 (7 RPG).

Sorry if that was a bit hard to follow, but I'm not sure how you can dispute it... Andrea Bargnani is no worse than an average rebounder, certainly not terrible. Get off his back already.

Comment

One thing for sure I have no freakin idea what to do without my basketball fix. I hate that the playoffs are over.
                                Play NBA 2K10. I've been surreptitiously developing my many young'uns -- so many, in fact, that I have no choice but to send Weems back to the D-League. Don't ask me how I managed to get Wall/Rubio, Favors, Avery Bradley, Damion James, Larry Sanders, Gerald Wallace and Rudy Fernandez all on the same team, with Bargnani as the centerpiece. =P Too bad fantasy and real life are two very different things.

Comment

Working...
                                X