This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dime: Avery Bradley Will be 2010's Breakout Star

I know this isn't Raptors related (just yet), but and interesting read nevertheless.

Avery Bradley is an anomaly. He’s got to be, because for a guard with such an offensive prowess to his game — and don’t get it twisted, Bradley was arguably the best scoring guard to come out of a high school class that included John Wall and Xavier Henry — to also have such a hallowed reputation as a lock-down defender is really unheard of. For what he lacks in height, listed at 6-2, Bradley makes up in athleticism and bounce. Think Dwyane Wade’s offense and heart mixed with Shannon Brown’s hops. I swear I’m not making this up: the kid can flat-out rise.
    What makes Bradley so valuable in the League — beyond his wealth of potential — is his versatility on the court. His on-ball defense is quick enough to stick with opposing point guards and strong enough to battle bigger ball-handlers in the post. On the other side of the clipboard, Bradley is a smart offensive player; if you lay off of him, he can stroke the trey ball and if you crowd the perimeter, he will leave you on the back end of a SportsCenter highlight.
    Source - Click here

Thats quite the sales pitch...

Comment

sign us up!

Comment

The problem he doesn't have good size for shooting guard, doesn't finish well and doesn't draw contact, so he's not going to be a great offensive player.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

reading that gave me a boner.
          "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

I like the parallel the author made about Bradley and Westbrook, hopefully if the raps pick him, he can show why he was a top prospect coming out of highschool.

Comment

Tim don't poison this thread with common sense and rationality, this is where dreams and boners come to mingle.

Comment

Yeah let this be a fan's thread.
                wooooo bradley come embarrass people for us!!!

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
                  Tim don't poison this thread with common sense and rationality, this is where dreams and boners come to mingle.
                  Sorry. My bad.
                  Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                    reading that gave me a boner.
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

That's just great, biggest BS I've read so far this off-season.

Comment

Working...
                      X