Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Torontoooooooooo Rrrrrraptors!!!!?!

Bringing back up the whole name change idea... There's many of you that have always hated the whole dinosaur feel and I can understand why. So what if they just replaced the logo with one of these bad boys(F 22 Raptors), that way we keep the Raptor name and we could get some new grimy looking uni's. Some dark green, Naismith silver, some black and beige maybe. We'll start some fundraising for the licensing fees if we must.

Red and white will live forever. Raps are the only canadian team , it jsut makes sense.
    Great idea though.

Comment

Man, I'd be all for that...if the Canadian Military used the F-22 Raptor. I think we're moving to the F-35 Lightning after the Hornets are done their life in 2017...but it would be cool if they chose the Raptor instead and we changed to logo in honor of the forces.
      "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Good idea i like it but it's not gonna happen
        BO$$

Comment

I actually like the raptors uniforms, they just need to get rid of the dinosaur completely and start using the logo with the claw as the official logo.

Comment

I'm sold on the F-22 Raptor. Hehe... But to keep the current Raptor theme I agree we should stick with the Claw!
            #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

Comment

Yeah they total need to push the claw and ball more.........the f22 might look kinda gay.

Comment

I am afraid the fighter plane symbolism doesnt make much sense in any branding or visionary way. It's man made which means it is destructible ...and what happens in 2030 when it gets replaced by a better marvel "the Cougar"! I personally find it distasteful (though I like the engineering marvel and associated speed) for the weapon and war it represents. As a country we dont manufacture it nor even own one of them.

It would be far more simple really if BC et al would just inject the team with players who would play the "scratching & clawing & demonlike" play on the bb court which would be in keeping with what what the dinosaur represented and how it behaved. We'd scare many a team, win a few more games, as well as having a very exciting team to watch and cheer for. Go Raptors (Dinos).

Comment

Greatkrom420 wrote: View Post
                  Yeah they total need to push the claw and ball more.........the f22 might look kinda gay.
                  Like Top Gun gay?
                  "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Priest wrote: View Post
                    I actually like the raptors uniforms, they just need to get rid of the dinosaur completely and start using the logo with the claw as the official logo.
                    agreed. btw, thought the jet idea was stupid.
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

First off, it wasn't meant to be serious. Secondly, anybody that thinks jet fighters are "gay" or "stupid" must be gay and or stupid.

Comment

I think it was said that Top Gun was a bit gay. Re-watch it and judge for yourself. It has nothing to do with the planes.
                        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
                          I think it was said that Top Gun was a bit gay. Re-watch it and judge for yourself. It has nothing to do with the planes.
                          That comment was directed towards the Greatkrom420, not you bud. And as for Top Gun, I've never actually watched more than the first half hour, I fuckin hate Tom Cruise! But he is good as that dude from Tropic Thunder, I'll give him that.

Comment

Settle down Mack North, planes are completely hetero.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                              That comment was directed towards the Greatkrom420, not you bud. And as for Top Gun, I've never actually watched more than the first half hour, I fuckin hate Tom Cruise! But he is good as that dude from Tropic Thunder, I'll give him that.
                              That was my first post in this thread, but yeah, I didn't see the one by Greatkrom420...
                              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Working...
                              X