Heat Trade 18th & Cook to OKC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heat Trade 18th & Cook to OKC

It looks like Pat Riley won't begin the remake of the Miami Heat at the NBA Draft after all.
    The Heat have reportedly moved out of the first round of Thursday's draft, trading the No. 18 pick overall and guard Daequan Cook to the Oklahoma City Thunder for the No. 32 pick in the draft, a second rounder, the Sun-Sentinel is reporting.

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/sports/...-97020689.html

I guess we won't be getting miamis pick then...

Weren't the raptors looking at getting that pick? cant we not spare them some expiring contract, or POB ?

Comment

Great news. Means we won`t be dealing with Miami in the Bosh sign and trade.

Comment

Already reported here: http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...?t=2374&page=2

=)

bigmanshaq:

I'm sure we were, and no we couldn't. Giving them an expiring contract like Banks or Evans wouldn't have helped since they wanted the space for this off-season. POB is a free agent as soon as July 1st hits, and no, you cannot trade a player becoming a free agent after the trade deadline. We would have had to make this trade back in February. Also, we didn't have a high second rounder to give them either, if that was a selling part of the deal.

dagon420:

Not necessarily? If Bosh decides Miami is the only place he wants to go (for instance, if Miami convinces LBJ to come as well), then they have even less to offer back in a S&T.

Comment

Miami is going to have absolutely no depth next season unless they can convince a bunch of half decent players to come for the veterans minimum.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
            Miami is going to have absolutely no depth next season unless they can convince a bunch of half decent players to come for the veterans minimum.
            I bet they'd have a much easier time doing so than, say, a certain team up north. Hehe.

Especially if this is what I'm fearing it is: a power-play for all three top FAs.

Comment

bigmanshaq wrote: View Post
              Weren't the raptors looking at getting that pick? cant we not spare them some expiring contract, or POB ?
              I already said why the Raptors wouldn't get the 18th pick in another post. Miami wanted to dump salary. OKC is under the cap. They hav eeffectively gotten under the salary cap by another 2.2 million dollars! (more when you also consider #18's salary) The Raptors could not have done the same because they aren't under the salary cap until July 1st.

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
                I already said why the Raptors wouldn't get the 18th pick in another post. Miami wanted to dump salary. OKC is under the cap. They hav eeffectively gotten under the salary cap by another 2.2 million dollars! (more when you also consider #18's salary) The Raptors could not have done the same because they aren't under the salary cap until July 1st.
                As an addendum, even on July 1st, as the Raptors roster currently stands, the Raptors will not be considered as under the salary cap due to cap holds. Amir counts as double his last year's salary, and Bosh counts as the max he'd be getting in the first year of a new contract.

Comment

Working...
                X