Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Bosh Just Trash Triano on ESPN Radio?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Bosh Just Trash Triano on ESPN Radio?

Bosh says free-agency is 'scary but ... exciting'
    Posted 1h 10m ago

BRISTOL, Conn. (AP) — Chris Bosh keeps getting asked about his future. He still doesn't have an answer.

Appearing as a co-host on ESPN Radio Thursday morning, the Toronto Raptors' All-Star forward and marquee piece of this summer's sparkling class of NBA free agents did not offer any hints for his future, other than indicating that the anticipation for July 1 continues to grow.
    Bosh indicated having a proven coach could play a factor in his decision about where to play next season.

"The coach, pretty much, is the leader of your team," Bosh said. "And if you have a good coach, that gives you better chances in certain situations. I think a lot of guys want to play for a good coach
    . And to be put in the right position, that has a lot to do with it. You want to look at situations for winning and that's one of them. So I think a well-led team is very important in the decision-making process."
    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baske...41231112_x.htm
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

You certainly could infer that he is trashing Triano, but I think that's reading too much between the lines. I think he's more referring to the fact that he'd want to go to a franchise where they aren't starting with an unproven head coach (see Chicago with Thibodeau).

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
      You certainly could infer that he is trashing Triano, but I think that's reading too much between the lines. I think he's more referring to the fact that he'd want to go to a franchise where they aren't starting with an unproven head coach (see Chicago with Thibodeau).
      So is Triano a proven NBA coach after only season plus as a head coach in the NBA?

I doubt it.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt: he didn't say "proven coach," he said "good coach." That, combined with the fact that he's still theoretically considering Toronto as an option, suggests that he includes Triano as a good coach. Or at elast doesn't count him as a bad one.

Comment

Does that mean he's looking for a coach to lead the team so he doesn't have to?
          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

That's a nice way to take his quote out of context but they were asking him his thoughts on Phil Jackson possibly retiring and that's what brought up his diatribe on coaching. It has nothing to do with Triano or his free agency. Peep this:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5322161

Comment

EverythingBlaxx wrote: View Post
              That's a nice way to take his quote out of context but they were asking him his thoughts on Phil Jackson possibly retiring and that's what brought up his diatribe on coaching. It has nothing to do with Triano or his free agency. Peep this:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5322161
              That is the same link that I posted. It seem like you don't read the links.

Bosh was very clear. He prefers to play for a proven coach. Jackson was just an example. Triano is not a proven NBA head coach straight up.

Does that mean Bosh doesn't want to sign with the Raptors. Of course not. However, it means that BC's support for Triano is one reason that Bosh is looking elsewhere and may go elsewhere.

Bottom line is that Bosh indirectly trashed Triano in what Bosh said.

Comment

Triano is a bad NBA head coach, regardless of what Bosh says

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
                  Does that mean he's looking for a coach to lead the team so he doesn't have to?
                  hahaha exactly what i was going to say.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                    That is the same link that I posted. It seem like you don't read the links.

Bosh was very clear. He prefers to play for a proven coach. Jackson was just an example. Triano is not a proven NBA head coach straight up.

Does that mean Bosh doesn't want to sign with the Raptors. Of course not. However, it means that BC's support for Triano is one reason that Bosh is looking elsewhere and may go elsewhere.

Bottom line is that Bosh indirectly trashed Triano in what Bosh said.
                    That would be a bit of a misquotation.
                    It's about money

Comment

If I'm Bosh, Jay Triano is not a selling point. He's a nice guy, an intelligent basketball mindband he may one day be a great coach in the NBA but right now he's attending the Toronto Raptors' Coaching Apprenticeship Program. They can't even get the darn thing accredited and it's killing past graduates such as Kevin O'Neil and Sam Mitchell.

Comment

Wasn't Bosh cool with the Triano hire?

"He's extremely happy and positive about both big moves," revealed Triano. "Even with our draft pick I think Chris has been very impressed and with the other things this organization has done."

This is a Triano quote (speaking about Bosh) before last season re: the Turk and Barg signings. I infer that Bosh was also fine with the coach hire.

But times and opinions can change!

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?...=yes&print=yes

Comment

Bosh has always be very diplomatic as a Raptor. If he's not longer going to be a Raptor then diplomacy might be placed on the back burner. A prime example of this, using a different person, is Chuck Swirsky. If the player was on the Raptors roster, he kissed ass. As soon as that player was out the door, he was critical. When you work in an organization you need to choose your words wisely unless you enjoy rocking the boat and are ok with the consequences.

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
                            agreed, plus all these experienced coaches are getting up there. i mean you need to bring in a new breed i think triano will prove himself in time.
                            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

When he says "good coach" he doesn't mean Triano.

It has been documented that Bosh attended many of the playoff games of the L.A Lakers and you better believe he got a hard on for a good coach when he watched Phil Jackson rally the troops and securing a win, rather then throwing your clipboard around and lose in the fourth quarter.

Comment

Working...
                              X