X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock of Some Players On Raptors Republic Big Board Falling

Who is Rising and Who is Falling?

By: Yannis Koutroupis Last Updated: 6/24/10 6:08 AM ET

The day the 2010 draft class has been anxiously awaiting is finally here. Tonight they become professionals, relieving all the stress and pressure they've been under for the past three months. Player's stocks have fluctuated throughout the entire process and as the draft is just hours away it continues to do so. With that said we take a look at who is rising and who is falling as we get ready for draft night 2010.

Rising

edited for typos

Damion James – A strong late workout for the Memphis Grizzlies has them sold on James, who was projected to go late first round prior to their recent interest. All that workout did was help reiterate what those four years of film back up: James can play. His athletic ability will allow him to play both forward positions and be quite the force defensively. He'll fit perfectly with Memphis' plans for the future.
    Others rising include

Hayward
    Babbit
    T. Booker
    J. Crawford

Those falling include

Aminu
    Aldrich
    Whiteside

Avery Bradley – It never helps being injured at this time of year. Bradley's ankle injury will be one of the main reasons for the fall he is about to experience. Teams already had a hard time selling themselves on Bradley and his ability to play point guard. This just gives them the reason they were looking for to pass on him. Bradley's size corners him into being a lead guard, which he just isn't yet. It'll take him at least a couple years to make the transition and some teams just aren't looking to be patient in this draft. They want players who can help now because they feel they can make drastic improvements in free agency.
    Orton

George, Patterson and Henry aren't mentioned as rising or falling

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=16560#ixzz0rmHnoqS3
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Thu Jun 24, 2010, 09:57 AM.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

What does COlangelo do is Aminu falls to 13th? He didn't work the guy out but he would be the perfect complementary player who can do all the support work Bargnani needs from a small forward if Bargnani is going to continue as the starting center. Aminu can rebound, defend and post up guys. He would be perfect at 13.

Comment

If Aminu falls to us, I will be ecstatic. I think with him at the three and DeRorzen at the two we could have the most athletic starting wings in the league. If he's there and BC passes for Bradley or something it will be among the worst choices ever made by a Raptor GM.
      "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

If Aminu falls i think you have to take him
        huge upside, really long & lanky
        good fit in Toronto

If Bradley really does fall down in the draft
        to where Holliday went or Lawson BC better make sure he gets in a position to draft him

Comment

I was struck by the absolute lack of emotion in his interviews. He is certainly talented but god another non-fiery player on this squad!! If he does fall I hope they have an assessment on his pulse before the pick. Looks like Paul George might fall too...Memphis was high on him until their new love James.

Comment

'I'd almost like George more than Aminu. Aminu's certainly got talent, but as has been mentioned, his personality seems a little too quiet.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              What does COlangelo do is Aminu falls to 13th? He didn't work the guy out but he would be the perfect complementary player who can do all the support work Bargnani needs from a small forward if Bargnani is going to continue as the starting center. Aminu can rebound, defend and post up guys. He would be perfect at 13.
              If Aminu falls to #13, I'm fairly confident that we won't be letting him go to Houston for some... I can't find an Araujao equivalent in this draft, lol. Now if we had Babcock, you could be sure Houston would pick up Aminu because we fell in love with Zoubek and just had to pick him at #13.

Comment

Working...
              X