Thread: Jermaine O'Neal Reloaded

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Jermaine O'Neal Reloaded

I know that Jermaine O'Neal to Raptors deal was a failure, however with possible departure of CB4 and a much cheaper Jermaine O'Neal, it could work out.
    Jermaine O'Neal is 31 years old, he was relatively healthy last season and is an unrestricted agent this summer. Do you think that is worth bringing him back for a fraction of what he earned last season ($23mil) and pair him with Andrea?

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think this episode with JO left a bad taste in everyone's mouth including JO so I don't see a wanting from either sides to give this another shot.

Post Thanks / Like

If that fraction is 1/10, maybe.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post
    I think this episode with JO left a bad taste in everyone's mouth including JO so I don't see a wanting from either sides to give this another shot.
    I don't recall JO complaining about his time in Raptors uniform and for Raptors side, assuming that Bosh is gone, the scenario is totally different. CB4 and JO overlap in many areas and a cheaper JO would allow Raptors to bring some good wing players eventually from a S&T involving CB4.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote insight_tor wrote: View Post
    I don't recall JO complaining about his time in Raptors uniform and for Raptors side, assuming that Bosh is gone, the scenario is totally different. CB4 and JO overlap in many areas and a cheaper JO would allow Raptors to bring some good wing players eventually from a S&T involving CB4.
    Hell yah, I love JO!

Raptors Republic Rookie da_goose09's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

JO is gonna look for a winner I would assume. I'm pretty sure he's stated that publically as well..

Even though he's only 31, he's at the stage in his career where he just wants a ring. So.. looking at it that way, the Raps don't seem to make much sense

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

The problem with JO is his very poor offense. His constant fade-away jump shots in his half a season had me cringing each time. If he's just showing up to be a defensive presence, and not expecting plays to be run for him on offense, then sure. But at this point in his career, I'm sure JO is looking for a contender to play for. That's not us, unfortunately.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I expect to see him for a cheap Vet minimum in LA or Boston, LA for sure if Bynum is gone!

Raptors Republic Rookie Lucamacus's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

only 31? thats 37 in hockey!

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

O'Neal was not a failure in Toronto. The rest of the team was. Bosh and O'Neal actually played pretty well together for the first month, or so, until O'Neal went down. The problem was the besides them, no other Raptor would step it up.

Still, there no reason to bring in a 31 year old free agent unless it's to play spot minutes. The Raptors need youth.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

He'll re-sign in Miami for the vet minimum. The Heat only have a couple players under contract for next season. They have to fill out a roster after they sign Wade and another mega free-agent.

Raptors Republic Rookie Greatkrom420's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought that he did't even what to leave toronto.

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I would rank this year's playoff performance by JO a -642/10

Thread Information