Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joel Anthony Opts Out. Possible Backup Centre?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joel Anthony Opts Out. Possible Backup Centre?

Would any of you be interested in seeing the Raps pick up Anthony as a backup centre?

Miami Heat center Joel Anthony said Thursday he has decided to become a free agent instead of exercising the opt-in in his contract in a move that will create slightly more salary cap space for Miami unless the team extends him a qualifying offer.

Anthony, 27, was due to earn $885,120 with Miami next season if he had exercised the opt-in.
    Source - Click here

for 2 miil. ya sure that guy was a baller for team canada.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I think he'd be an excellent choice to pickup as a backup big. He's a hard worker and very good defender. Even if he wasn't Canadian, I'd be up for it.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Most Definitely! Would instantly be our best defender.
        Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

I'd be upset if BC didn't even attempt at getting him. Couldn't be better timing and fit. Athletic big, which is exactly what the Raptors need on their bench right now.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
            I think he'd be an excellent choice to pickup as a backup big. He's a hard worker and very good defender. Even if he wasn't Canadian, I'd be up for it.
            +1 Great value.
            http://twitter.com/Liston

Comment

No -- Anthony is a low level player. Not worthy of being in an NBA team's rotation. A 13th to 15th man on a roster. A fifth or sixth big in the depth chart. A third string center.

And not a particularly good player in any of those roles either ... just serviceable.
              nbaroundtable

Comment

Dave wrote: View Post
                No -- Anthony is a low level player. Not worthy of being in an NBA team's rotation. A 13th to 15th man on a roster. A fifth or sixth big in the depth chart. A third string center.

And not a particularly good player in any of those roles either ... just serviceable.
                Damn. For a sec. there, while reading from the top of this thread, i got so excited thinking there would be a thread where we would all come together, hold hands and sing kumbaya because we finally found a common thing we can agree on. oh well. wishful thinking.

I very much agree on picking up Anthony. He might even give the Raps a hometown discount knowing how decent this guy is. He gave the Heat a boost when O'Neal went down, i think for a couple of games they even made him the starting center. I think i probably would too. His grit, hard work and toughness would be good for the Raps. Hopefully he doesnt turn into Reggie Evans.

Comment

Compared to Rasho this past year it would a be fine upgrade.

Comment

Working...
                  X