No announcement yet.

Welcome to Toronto Ed Davis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This reminds me of when Andre Iguodala fell and Babcock decided not to accept the gift. This time, Colangelo jumped on it.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I think he was the best player available, so I have no problem with this pick. He doesn't really fit if Bosh and Amir resign, but with so much uncertainty surrounding the roster, best player available was the way to go.

I was really hoping Toronto would make a move to grab Cousins or Monroe, allowing Bargs to move to PF if Bosh leaves, but i knew it was unlikely.
      I Am Shutup

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
        Hope its nothing, but its not usually a good thing when you have the overbearing father around.
        He's never been to canada, and he "Says" he hasn't heard anything bad about toronto (Except the snow) ... The look on face said different.
        We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

EarthJuice wrote: View Post
          Just what we didnt need. Another finesse big.

I thought we were done with the Bosh era, now we get Bosh Jr.

Im really bummed right now.

Maybe I'll come around.

Hopefully we can get Orlando's 1st rounder for Ebanks here.

Or a 2nd rounder and get Stanley Robinson.

If what I am hearing about Chic giving up #17 and Hinrich for a 2nd rounder and cash, then BC needs to explain why he could top that with two 2nd rounders.

I am so confused with that trade.
          an athletic, long big man with a scoring touch yeah we don't need that especially since our franchise player might be leaving. Ur a fool I hope u dont come around
          "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Comment

Man that was an awesome pick, if CB leaves we got Davis, if CB stays (kinda unlikely) we have some good trade assets to use over the year, this draft worked out perfectly. I was just on the live chat from the raptors site and i saw a lot of hate towards Davis because they never heard of him and wanted to draft Bradley instead...Davis is top ten material in this draft Bradley went 19th so....im stoked for this lol

Comment

Priest wrote: View Post
              Man that was an awesome pick, if CB leaves we got Davis, if CB stays (kinda unlikely) we have some good trade assets to use over the year, this draft worked out perfectly. I was just on the live chat from the raptors site and i saw a lot of hate towards Davis because they never heard of him and wanted to draft Bradley instead...Davis is top ten material in this draft Bradley went 19th so....im stoked for this lol
              I'm astounded that anyone would have ANYTHING bad to say about this pick. There's no way Davis should have dropped to 13 and I add him to the list that includes Paul Pierce, Danny Granger and Andre Iguodala (among others) of players projected to go in the top 5 or 10 and inexplicably dropped and then made the other teams regret passing up on him.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

13th Pick Video

Incase anyone missed it here's a clip of the 13th selection:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1vsOJkNojg

Dad doesn't look too happy starting 2:18

Comment

Jive wrote: View Post

Well good thing we didnt draft his dad, Davis looks pretty happy tho.
                  "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Comment

Looks pretty happy at 2:14 mark, and for the rest of the interview too. At least that is the way i see it.
                    I Am Shutup

Comment

Player Comparisons

Best Case: Al Horford
                      Worst Case: More Physically Gifted Udonis Haslem
                      Source: Draft Express

Comment

I'm guessing no one in the Davis camp was happy Ed lasted as long as he did.
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

MattyG-Ray wrote: View Post
                          Looks pretty happy at 2:14 mark, and for the rest of the interview too. At least that is the way i see it.
                          Guy was in the NBA for 10 years, he would know how to address the media.

Comment

The "passport" type comments are idiotic,dumbass ignorant Americans as so lame........insecure Canadians worrying American ballers don't like us are also lame

Comment

DaBlenda wrote: View Post
                              insecure Canadians worrying American ballers don't like us are also lame
                              Please enlighten me on the number of free agents American stars the Raptors have signed over the years.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                                Please enlighten me on the number of free agents American stars the Raptors have signed over the years.
                                That doesn't mean I have to like it.The moment we sign someone the clock begins on when he'll want to leave, it gets tiresome

Comment

Working...
                                X