Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Does Ed Davis Mean the End of Amir Johnson Toronto?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Does Ed Davis Mean the End of Amir Johnson Toronto?

The title says it all. Please discuss.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think so, if Bosh doesn't come back Davis, Bargnani, Johnson will be a strong big man rotation with complementary skills. Davis and Johnson don't seem to clash with each other, and without Johnson our front court would be Bargnani, a rookie, Reggie, and Joey Dorsey, which is pretty thin, so I think BC would still want Amir back.

Edit: I forgot about Alabi. Now him and Amir have quite similar skillsets, so getting him might mean something...

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt it. I wouldn't be surprised if Amir and E.D. split minutes, maybe 24 apiece.

Raptors Republic Superstar Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

No it means the end of Chris Bosh or rather the acceptance by managment that Chris Bosh is unlikely to be re-signed.

Lets not forget that also Rasho is gone and POB is gone and if there are any takers then Reggie Evans will be gone so there are spots for bigs in the roster.

Lets just hope that Amir accepts Toronto offer and we at least get one worry out of the way.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think so especially if Bosh is gone.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Kennay wrote: View Post
    I don't think so, if Bosh doesn't come back Davis, Bargnani, Johnson will be a strong big man rotation with complementary skills. Davis and Johnson don't seem to clash with each other, and without Johnson our front court would be Bargnani, a rookie, Reggie, and Joey Dorsey, which is pretty thin, so I think BC would still want Amir back.

Edit: I forgot about Alabi. Now him and Amir have quite similar skillsets, so getting him might mean something...
    Alabi is no where close to Johnson this year and probably next year.

I dare to say that Davis is not even close to what Johnson can do on the floor this year.

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Amir spent the week in Detroit and I am sure Duffy is working the phone lines. Pop will probably make another run at him like he did three years ago and Flip would love to have him in Washington after coaching him in Detroit.

I am sure Johnson will make the best decision for himself.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

PG: Jose Calderon / Jarrett Jack / Marcus Banks
    SG: Demar DeRozen / Marco Belinelli
    SF: Turkulgu / Sonny Weem
    PF: Ed Davis / Amir Johnson (free agent)/ Reggie Evans
    C: Andrea Bargnani / Soloman
    Last edited by KakashiPrince; Fri Jun 25th, 2010 at 12:30 AM.