X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magic Talked to BC About Turk Returning to Orlando

Magic talked about a Turkoglu return
    Orlando Magic — posted by bschmitz on June, 25 2010 12:19 AM

Magic GM Otis Smith said after Thursday’s NBA draft that he had discussions with the Toronto Raptors about a trade that would return former Magic forward Hedo Turkoglu to Orlando. Turkoglu wants out of Toronto after just one season.

“We’ve had conversations with Toronto and nothing transpired,” Smith said.

The Magic executed a sign-and-trade with the Raptors last summer, sending Turkoglu to Toronto for a trade exception.

Smith wouldn’t say what Magic players would be involved in the deal.
    This potential deal may still have legs. We shall see.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/spo...lu-return.html
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

I wonder what kind of Crap were they offering that BC had to say NO

Comment

Gortat and Pietrus could easily get this done but I think the Magic probably want Ed Davis or Demar to be included somewhere.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
        but I think the Magic probably want Ed Davis or Demar to be included somewhere.
        Yes, probably
        They must have been really low balling BC that he said NO.

There is rumor that Orlando and NO are trying to make a deal to move Paul to Orlando and need a third team to take on Okafor's contract. Now, would Toronto be interested if Orlando take Hedo off their hand ?

Comment

Just reading the headline made me tickle a bit. Wouldn't it be odd if Toronto took back Vince and the Magic took back Hedo? All I can say is, awkward..

Comment

Gortat and Pietrus could easily get this done but I think the Magic probably want Ed Davis or Demar to be included somewhere.
            Or a first rounder.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

F**k them! They can have Turk only if they pay in gold

Comment

Depends on what BC knows about their options (getting another creator/Turk's skills). Or for that matter other offers BC has.

Comment

Maybe, BC just wants to wait for the Bosh fallout (where he might have less choice in what he gets back), before trading Hedo. There can be multiple reasons why a trade didn't go through.

Besides, worst case he sits on Hedo if he get's low ball offers. Personally I'd like to trade him to a Greek team, I know that Turks are just loved there.

Comment

Katman wrote: View Post
                    Personally I'd like to trade him to a Greek team, I know that Turks are just loved there.
                    Mabe you would like to know, our national team captain (Ibrahim Kutluay) was Panathinaikos and AEK team captain as well and got lots of love there for years.

If you really want to give him hard time, you dont need to go too far away , all you need is to keep him in Canada. Nothing is more painful than playing for Raptors after this point for him. But most likely has zero chance for it. I'm sure he will waive his contract if BC insists on keeping him on the roster.
                    Last edited by Vellassco; Fri Jun 25, 2010, 12:22 PM.

Comment

My money is on Bass or Gortat being involved. JJ would be a safe bet too. Beyond that, I don't know.

Comment

Take Vince back. ( buy him out if you like)

Comment

this Turk(ugly) trade should go down

there is a glut of willing and physically capable players on the orlando roster, playing the same position and getting miniscule minutes to contribute. in particular: Pietrus, Barnes, and Bass. If Orlando is interested in taking Turk(ugly) back, any one of the mentioned three players would create impact to the quality of the Raptors business case, would assume almost certainly immediate position in the current player rotation, and would improve some of the most deficient aspects of the Raptors game:
                          1. Pietrus: perimeter defense and ability to guard most prolific oponent scorers outside of position 5. pietrus is also solid 3 point shooter and fast break finisher.
                          2. Barnes: defense is his number one quality. he is a 'heady' player and judgments he makes are sometimes questionable, but that is a good attribute for a defender who has pride and talent. I would not expect to see Barnes on a team that allows single player of an opposing team to score 80 points.
                          3. Bass: Physically, the most complete player, who has suffered the most for his decision to sign with Orlando, leaving behind season in Dallas with a lots more minutes and immediate contributions. Bass is a good defender, strong rebounder, and a solid finisher around the rim. He stands to see no improvement in played minutes next season in Orlando if the strategy continued to be the same.

Comment

"We've had conversations with Toronto, but nothing transpired."

And then Robbins asked about Chris Paul. Maybe the conversation shifted so quickly because we were so confused about that Turkoglu statement. The Magic have had trade discussions involving Hedo Turkgolu? Otis Smith gave a direct answer to a question? Is this real life?

(Smith, incidentally, joked with Robbins for playing "word games" in his question, and responded by saying, "[If] I don't have the conversation, it probably ain't gonna happen!" with a hearty chuckle)

"As long as we're getting wild here," another reporter asked, "what... you've had conversations with Toronto about Turk?"

"I've had conversations with them."

"About Turk? Or about the other guy? [Chris] Bosh?"

Smith met this question with a blank stare. The only sounds in the room for the next 10 seconds were some awkward laughs from the media. Another reporter spoke up:

"You want Turk at that money? I mean, that was obviously a..."

"I said I've had conversations, alright?"

More silence, before I asked Smith if he expected Robinson to join the Magic's summer-league team. "Yes, I do," was his response. But that last line wasn't the last we heard about Turkoglu. I'll explain more after the jump, and then touch on some of the other topics Smith addressed, including the Magic's system and need for backup point guards.

Minutes later, one writer asked Smith to clarify his earlier comments about speaking with the Raptors.

"We've had conversations."

Did those talks center around Turkoglu or Bosh?

"Regarding Turk."

Several minutes later, the reporter spoke up again: "Who did Toronto like off your roster? When you..."

"I'm not sure. I had a conversation regarding Turk. And that was... obviously, the conversation never got anywhere. But it was had."

Another writer asked Smith to specify when that conversation happened.

"The last time I had it? Or the first time I had it? Which one do you want?"

"How about both?"

"A long time ago and a couple hours ago."

"Is that them calling you or is that Turk calling you?

"I had a conversation.
                            Link

Comment

database_666 wrote: View Post
                              there is a glut of willing and physically capable players on the orlando roster, playing the same position and getting miniscule minutes to contribute. in particular: Pietrus, Barnes, and Bass. If Orlando is interested in taking Turk(ugly) back, any one of the mentioned three players would create impact to the quality of the Raptors business case, would assume almost certainly immediate position in the current player rotation, and would improve some of the most deficient aspects of the Raptors game:
                              1. Pietrus: perimeter defense and ability to guard most prolific oponent scorers outside of position 5. pietrus is also solid 3 point shooter and fast break finisher.
                              2. Barnes: defense is his number one quality. he is a 'heady' player and judgments he makes are sometimes questionable, but that is a good attribute for a defender who has pride and talent. I would not expect to see Barnes on a team that allows single player of an opposing team to score 80 points.
                              3. Bass: Physically, the most complete player, who has suffered the most for his decision to sign with Orlando, leaving behind season in Dallas with a lots more minutes and immediate contributions. Bass is a good defender, strong rebounder, and a solid finisher around the rim. He stands to see no improvement in played minutes next season in Orlando if the strategy continued to be the same.
                              Add Gortah and Anderson to this list. They added Daniel Orton (C) in their Roster. They have no longer in need of Polish Hammer. They also understood they dont need a deep roster to gain a ring. Instead of it, Solid 8 man rotation is enough for it (see: Celtic). Meer-Vince-Turk-Shard-D12-Barnes-JJ and a quality Back-up PG makes them biggest contender in EC.

As you said Magic has too many assets to be partner with Raptors. I really curious why nothing transpired on those conversations.

Comment

Working...
                              X