Why 2010-2011 is Officially BC's Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why 2010-2011 is Officially BC's Team

I honestly believe, that in his 4 year tenure with the Raptors it is finally Bryans team and NOT Bosh's team. Since he got here everyone was kissing Bosh's ass. We tried to build around him, we gave him great players to play with and besides the '07 run with the "euro" experiment, and the terrible Atlantic division we were a good team. Things fell through since.

I am happy Bosh leaves it will be great for player development on him, can he really be an impact player on a team where he is not the "#1" guy? Will he go to a town like L.A. or NYC and be a mediawhore or will he get lost on a team like most former Toronto players and never reach the potential he sought out to find.

I really want B.C. to just build fresh and young, lets hope he can. Let’s move some pieces around and acquire some more young players with a couple years worth of NBA experience and see what we can do. I don't want the raptors to even try to make the play offs this year so I don't want anyone from management to even say that, but build a proper team from the ground up. . . .This also means letting go of JT and getting a great coach if possible!

Jay Triano is actually the perfect coach for a rebuilding team. One of the few things Jay seems to be good at is working with young players to help them get better, he was the main guy who worked with Bosh during his formative years and last year he did a good job giving minutes to our young guys. Now that we have a real defensive coach on the bench with him in Carlesimo (Iavaroni is a joke) I think the coaching situation is looking very good going forward.
    Last edited by hateslosing; Fri Jun 25, 2010, 09:57 AM. Reason: spelling
    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
      Jay Triano is actually the perfect coach for a rebuilding team. One of the few things Jay seems to be good at is working with young players to help them get better, he was the main guy who worked with Bosh during his formative years and last year he did a good job giving minutes to our young guys. Now that we have a real defensive coach on the bench with him in Carlesimo (Iavaroni is a joke) I think the coaching situation is looking very good going forward.
      I agree, Triano is better set to coach a young team, it meshes with his skill set as a coach.

Comment

I agree with the sentiment of this post.

Comment

LOL,

Finally Bryan's team? He didn't have to re-sign Bosh and has taken this team where he thought it should go from his hiring. European flavour? A squad heavy on jump shooters and no defensive emphasis? Thats Colangelo's doing not Boshes.

Still waiting for those great players BC has supplied the team unless of course you are referring to Andrea, which once again puzzles me as to how this is CB's team.

This mess is all Colangelo's

Comment

It is B.C's team how do you not see past that? The Toronto media without a doubt built up Bosh to be bigger than what he was at an EARLY stage of his career. At a time where he never would have been cosidered a guy who should get a Max contract, but Toronto viewed him as a Franchise guy. I feel that Bry had to create a team to compliment Bosh and it never worked, I was never a big supporter of the Bosh movement because to me he was not a guy who we could build a team around.

Do I think Ed Davis is 'the guy?' Quite simply, No.
            Do I think Ed Davis can be one of the pieces to help get our franchise back into the competitive mode, Yes.

Toronto can't do what OKC did after the move, and that is re-build fast using draft picks. The truth of the matter is we don't have a Kevin Durant, but we could potentially become the next Portland and groom great players who contribute well and can be building blocks to be one of the best teams in the East. I do believe B.C. can finally start fresh and build a proper team.

Comment

Working...
            X