Grading the First 5 Picks in the NBA Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grading the First 5 Picks in the NBA Draft

What grade do you give to the first 5 teams in the NBA Draft?

http://nbaprimetime.com/?p=1660

#1 Wiz - A: Wall was an obvious pick, but they picked up Hinrich, who should really be able to help Wall (by pushing him in practice, and even playing along side him at the 2), and also picked up a project C in Kevin Seaphin

#2 Philly - B: I think Turner was the right choice, it's just that I don't know how he's going to fit with Iggy. It'll be interesting to see what happens there over the next few weeks.

#3 NJ - B-: I really thought NJ would pull the trigger on a trade with this pick, or take Johnson and be confident that they'll get a big through FA. Now I'm not sure where they are.

#4 Minny - A: Wesley Johnson should fit this squad perfectly. They already have a big rotation of Big Al (who may be traded soon) and Kevin Love, but started Ryan Gomes at the 3 (if I'm not mistaken) for most games last year. Now, don't get me wrong, I like Gomes' game, but I don't think he's a starting 3 in this league. Johnson will probably start. Good pickup.

#5 Sactown - A: The only thing keeping this from an A+ is Demarcus' potential attitude problems, but I don't see that as that big of an issue. Especially not in the first few years. He's going to come in, shut-up, put the work in and try to prove people wrong at the get-go. He'll probably takeover the starting C from Sammy D. mid-way through the season (assuming Dalembert is still on the team).

Comment

da_goose09 wrote: View Post
      #3 NJ - B-: I really thought NJ would pull the trigger on a trade with this pick, or take Johnson and be confident that they'll get a big through FA. Now I'm not sure where they are.
      I think NJ deserves a higher grade than B-, and hope you didn't dock them for not going for Johnson. That was an obvious smokescreen to get Minnesota to give them something more, and a stupid smokescreen at that since most people would take Favors over Johnson anyway. They can just as easily go for a star FA SF in Rudy Gay (assuming they're out of the LBJ sweepstakes).

da_goose09 wrote: View Post
      #4 Minny - A: Wesley Johnson should fit this squad perfectly. They already have a big rotation of Big Al (who may be traded soon) and Kevin Love, but started Ryan Gomes at the 3 (if I'm not mistaken) for most games last year. Now, don't get me wrong, I like Gomes' game, but I don't think he's a starting 3 in this league. Johnson will probably start. Good pickup.
      It's curious, though, why they went after Webster with their #16 pick, then Hayward and Bjelica. Okay, Bjelica is a point forward, but he'll be an NBA 3. They really like picking in numbers, 4 PGs (and 1 undersized SG) last year, and 4 SFs (and a C) this year. This is also why NJ's bluff didn't work. Kahn obviously doesn't care about creating positional logjams. It's not like Jefferson and Love are a great fit together anyway, and they've been trying to move one of the two. Getting Favors would have just been same old, same old.

Comment

Working...
      X