4. Jarret Jack
    5. Reggie Evans
    6. Marcus Banks
    7. $$$

Team Needs:
    1. Change at SF involving Hedo Turkoglu leaving Toronto
    2. An upgrade at the PG position
    3. A veteran backup center

I think they need a change of heart within the organization first and foremost.

Comment

What a depressing looking roster as it stands today.

My question is this, will Miami get our pick next season?! BC better continue to improve this roster because the current roster may not make it to 30 wins.

Comment

matt wrote: View Post
        I think they need a change of heart within the organization first and foremost.
        Hmmm.... May help to elaborate a little on that one.

Hotshot wrote: View Post
        My question is this, will Miami get our pick next season?! BC better continue to improve this roster because the current roster may not make it to 30 wins.
        The pick has lotto protection and so as of right now, I would say they don't get the pick.

Comment

I would place a starting PG as a higher priority over the SF position.

Reasoning:

Our PG tandem aren't anything to get excited about, so why not give the ball to Turk like he wants to see what he can do with it? Trade for a shutdown defending PG who can provide an outside shot.
          If Turk gets his natural role back he should be motivated to show something. If it makes him happy, he may not want to leave... and if it doesn't, at least his trade value will go up.

It would, however, be nice if trading Bosh netted us some depth at SF.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            Current Depth Chart:
            C: Andrea Bargnani, Solomon Alabi
            PF: Ed Davis, Reggie Evans*
            SF: Hedo Turkoglu
            SG: DeMar DeRozan, Sonny Weems, Marco Belinelli*
            PG: Jose Calderon, Jarrett Jack, Marcus Banks*
            *Final contract year
            Now I know more changes are to come, but looking at that depth chart right now just reek's of the New Jersey Nets from this past season.

Comment

get bargnani out of here

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                ...3. A veteran backup center
                I disagree.. I think they need a starting center. I don't think Davis will be ready to be a full-time starter in this league, nor do I want Amir at that slot. I'd rather those two be bigs #3 and 4 in the rotation.

This "depth chart" is also leaving out any incoming players from a Bosh S&T (obviously.. we don't know who they are yet.. if anyone at all)

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                  Now I know more changes are to come, but looking at that depth chart right now just reek's of the New Jersey Nets from this past season.
                  Well, if they're as bad as the Nets then I guess Harrison Barnes would be a nice consulation prize. I think Colangelo is going to get something of value for Bosh and I feel he will move Hedo as well. Things aren't bleak. The Raptors are one of the youngest teams in the league and will be in the running for youngest depending on what happens in July. The rebuild will soon be in full effect.

da_goose09 wrote: View Post
                  I disagree.. I think they need a starting center. I don't think Davis will be ready to be a full-time starter in this league, nor do I want Amir at that slot. I'd rather those two be bigs #3 and 4 in the rotation.

This "depth chart" is also leaving out any incoming players from a Bosh S&T (obviously.. we don't know who they are yet.. if anyone at all)
                  Based on comments by Colangelo that Buddahfan posted in another thread it sounds like Bryan is going to enter camp with a positional battle between Davis and Johnson. Drafting Davis alone signals that they're not giving up the idea of Bargnani at the 5. This is why I've said backup center is a big time need.
                  Last edited by Apollo; Fri Jun 25, 2010, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                    Trade Evans, Bosh, Bell, Banks and Calderon.

Bring in a starting PG and a bench SF, ideally both with stronger defensive skills.
                    Re-sign Amir.

Ultimately, it all depends on Bargs showing consistency and Turk proving his worth as a point-forward.

Comment

geebee wrote: View Post
                      Ultimately, it all depends on Bargs showing consistency and Turk proving his worth as a point-forward.
                      I personally don't think keeping Hedo is even an option. Sure Colangelo said the other day that time has a way of healing wounds, but with Hedo publically demanding a trade there's nothing good that can come of this. He was a disruption and a huge disappointment for the most part last season, so you mix in a trade demand and nothing good can still come from this. If we're retooling/rebuilding then apart of that must include getting rid of Hedo. Fans will not forget nor forgive.

Comment

The fact is we don't have an all-star starting PG, and unless we manage to crowbar CP away we're not likely to get one. Setting up Turk as a point-forward not only gives him what he wants, it allows hime to rebuild his value as a commodity. As it is, BC has no leverage in the trade market with Turk. It's already public he wants out.

People keep talking about these potential trades for the Raps, but there's not a lot of people we have leverage with. Not Bosh and not Turk. Aside from that, all we've got is a few expiring contracts and a pair of backup point guards.

Try and get a good defensive perimeter shooter at PG.
                        Let Derozan continue to develop as a slasher at SG.
                        Give Turk "ball" as the natural point-forward.
                        Match-up a strong defensive/rebounding big and a scoring big.

There's a starting line-up.

Back that up with Jack, Weems, a new SG, Amir and Alabi.

No, they're not going to dazzle anybody, but does anybody REALLY believe we were going to dazzle this season anyway? Let's at least try to maximize the assets we have left without simply GIVING them away.

Comment

Johnson will resign. If nothing else happens to the roster except Davis comes in, Bosh leaves and Johnson starts the team will better than last season, make no mistake about it.
                          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

geebee wrote: View Post
                            The fact is we don't have an all-star starting PG, and unless we manage to crowbar CP away we're not likely to get one.
                            Why can't they go after New Orleans' other stud PG?

Comment

I guess I'd just have to see how the dynamic of the team would work for the team to be better by replacing Bosh on the starting line-up with Johnson.

I'm assuming you would be expecting various players to spontaneously improve their games, because Bosh certainly wasn't the biggest defensive liability on that starting roster.

Comment

Working...
                              X