Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rod Thorn Stepping Down

From ESPN...

Rod Thorn will step down as president of the New Jersey Nets on July 15, according to league sources.

Thorn, the Nets president since 2000, is under contract through June 30 but will remain for two weeks to help the club through the first two weeks of the free-agency period.

Thorn is not being forced out by the Nets' new owner, Russian billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov, and there is no tension between the two, according to sources.

"They've given Rod everything he could want," a league executive said. "This is entirely his decision."
    There's got to be more to this. Apparently it was completely unexpected and that the Nets don't have a successor in place. I wonder whether Prokhorov was trying to meddle more than Thorn liked? Maybe we'll see a Russian Mark Cuban start making all kinds of big crazy trades. Colangelo better get on the horn right now and see what he'll give up.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

In America you get fired on draft day...

In Soviet Russia draft day fires you!

Comment

...new vacancy for pritchard, kerr and ferry. this summer has been one of the most interesting ones to date. not just free agency, but coaching and now gms as well.

Comment

How about Jerry West? He's getting up there in age but he's a person who you could place as GM and he'd hit the ground running. They could then hire a young assistant as a protege.
        Last edited by Apollo; Sat Jun 26, 2010, 12:29 AM.

Comment

C'Mon Thorn, we still gotta screw you over once to compensate for the Vince Carter trade. Stay for another year and let BC swindle you for something...... awwwwwwwww.

Comment

tonious35 wrote: View Post
            Stay for another year and let BC swindle you for something...... awwwwwwwww.
            When do you recall the last time BC swindle anyone?! the last time I checked its the other way around.

Comment

hotshot wrote: View Post
              in america you get fired on draft day...

In soviet russia draft day fires you!
              lmao

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                In America you get fired on draft day...

In Soviet Russia draft day fires you!
                He was lucky Russia is not Soviet any more.
                In the Soviet Russia they were using firing squad to fire people.

Comment

Jerry West continued...

A source with knowledge of the Nets’ thinking, meanwhile, told ESPN.com that the team also intends to sound out retired legend Jerry West to see if he has any interest in a front-office comeback, with Thorn – West’s fellow West Virginian – apparently pledging to help Prokhorov find his replacement.
                  Source: ESPN.com

Comment

he is 70.
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

And...

Comment

that's old.
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                          that's old.
                          A very keen sense of the obvious.

Comment

Working...
                          X