Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Give Your Opinion on This Trade..

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Rookie Raptors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    61
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Give Your Opinion on This Trade..

    This trade is ofcourse to convince bosh to stay but not only will he stay but Raptors will become instant contenders.

    http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=232swav

    With this trade the line up will look a bit like this:

    Starting
    pg) Paul
    sg) Derozan
    sf) Iguodala
    pf) Bosh (resigns)
    C) Okafor

    Bench
    pg) Jack
    sg) Weems
    sf) Posey
    pf) Davis
    C) Johnson (resigns)

    Why will NO do this trade?

    NO as we all know have 2 terrific pgs in the game today. We also know how they are close to luxury tax and have terrible long term contracts and aren't ready to contend in the rigorous western conference.
    Chris Paul is on the trading block and yes its not guaranteed that they will trade him but if the right pieces were offered then why not?

    With this deal NO will recieve Andrea (great upside...dirk), Expiring contracts, Hedo (I know you will question why they would add Hedo? well Hedo as BC said still has value and can be moved, however NO would want him because they are shipping out Okafor's long contract as well as posey's. In return adding Hedo's 9.8 million/guy with good value doesn't seem so bad).
    Furthermore Raptors can send them their future 1st round pick which could sweeten the deal.

    As for 76ers, they are seeking trades with teams that can either take Brand's contract (won't happen) and Andre's contract. The problem is that they just drafted Evan turner (way more upside than Andre). So its not bad if they get rid of Andre's long-term contract. They can build around Turner, Holiday, Young, and yes Alabi. Raptors are giving them jose whose contract is more cheaper than Andre, plus they add a good rotation player in Marco and as we all know...they need a BIGMAN!.
    So trading Alabi while keeping Davis seems like a good deal for Raptors.

    With the following trades I don't see how Raptors are not instant favourites to win it all. I know making this sort of deal is really complicated but you have to see the characteristic of both teams.
    One drafted Turner so they don't need Andre while NO are not commited to winning which is what Paul seeks.

    It makes sense for all teams and if BC gets it done Bosh will instantly resign and yes I see us competing with LA next season.

    Give your opinion on this situation...
    Last edited by Raptors; Sat Jun 26th, 2010 at 12:27 AM.

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,170
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Well David Stern would have to call the police because he would know that Colangelo held the 76er's and NO's GM's at gunpoint in order to make this deal.

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Rookie Raptors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    61
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    lol its a longshot but it can happen...

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    No chance that's happening bud. good effort though.

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    930
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Unlikely for a lot of reasons. New Orleans doesn't really dump much salary here, since Bargnani's salary goes up a lot next year. Bargs and Okafor become essentially a wash, both in terms of salary and impact (although they impact the game in completely different ways, and Bargs has more upside and Okafor more experience). Posey and Evans are both overpaid stiffs on the downside of their careers. So the trade essentially becomes Turkoglu + Banks for Paul, which is completely awful for New Orleans. And we can't trade them our first until 2013, I think. New Orleans is in a bit of ownership flux right now, with the incoming owner trying to find additional investors. And nobody wants to invest in a franchise that's selling off any good asset it has. Only way they're moving Paul is for a really good, high value return.

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    46
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    yeah, sorry, but no way

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,176
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Not happening. Yes, it is possible in the way anything is possible, since this does work under salary cap rules, but that's like saying it's possible OKC will trade us Durant for our expirings. =P

    So let's see why it won't happen:

    1) When someone says Turkoglu still has value, it means he has more value than Banks 2 years ago when he wasn't anywhere close to expiring, but it doesn't mean he has as much value as Okafor. Also, nobody said Turkolglu had GOOD value. That's you adding words. =P

    2) With Paul and Okafor, New Orleans at least has a semblance of a decent team. True, they are bottom tier playoff contenders at best as their roster stands right now, but that trade gives them a bunch of long-term contracts and NO semblance of a team. They would probably have a worse looking team than us, long-term speaking.

    3) Nobody in the league thinks Bargnani can still be Dirk. Actually, let's stop thinking Bargnani will be the next Dirk. He is the first Bargnani and he has upside but plenty of players have upside. I like him but let's be realistic here.

    4) Their long-term situation isn't actually as bad as you make it out to be. They already reduced a significant portion of their payroll for this year and should be under the luxury tax. Peja is an expiring contract THIS year, so all of a sudden they are under the cap for next year. The only salary they probably still should get rid of is Posey's but that hardly means trading the entire team for crap.

    5) Philadelphia is intent on making Holiday their PG of the future, and he actually stepped into the role somewhat nicely last season. They no longer want Calderon, thank you very much and thank you for coming.

    6) #6 here is the biggest reason this won't happen: there are 27 other teams in the league. For NOR and Philly to make this trade with us, we'd have to be in a 3-team league. =P

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic Rookie Raptors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    61
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Quixotic wrote: View Post
    Not happening. Yes, it is possible in the way anything is possible, since this does work under salary cap rules, but that's like saying it's possible OKC will trade us Durant for our expirings. =P

    So let's see why it won't happen:

    1) When someone says Turkoglu still has value, it means he has more value than Banks 2 years ago when he wasn't anywhere close to expiring, but it doesn't mean he has as much value as Okafor. Also, nobody said Turkolglu had GOOD value. That's you adding words. =P

    2) With Paul and Okafor, New Orleans at least has a semblance of a decent team. True, they are bottom tier playoff contenders at best as their roster stands right now, but that trade gives them a bunch of long-term contracts and NO semblance of a team. They would probably have a worse looking team than us, long-term speaking.

    3) Nobody in the league thinks Bargnani can still be Dirk. Actually, let's stop thinking Bargnani will be the next Dirk. He is the first Bargnani and he has upside but plenty of players have upside. I like him but let's be realistic here.

    4) Their long-term situation isn't actually as bad as you make it out to be. They already reduced a significant portion of their payroll for this year and should be under the luxury tax. Peja is an expiring contract THIS year, so all of a sudden they are under the cap for next year. The only salary they probably still should get rid of is Posey's but that hardly means trading the entire team for crap.

    5) Philadelphia is intent on making Holiday their PG of the future, and he actually stepped into the role somewhat nicely last season. They no longer want Calderon, thank you very much and thank you for coming.

    6) #6 here is the biggest reason this won't happen: there are 27 other teams in the league. For NOR and Philly to make this trade with us, we'd have to be in a 3-team league. =P
    lol good reasons
    BC in one of his interview did say that there is good value for Turk out there... plus just because of one season a player shouldn't be looked too differently. I agree I'm not a fan of his but he still has game in him.
    Like I said this trade is a possibility and is a long shot, however judging through their (NO, 76ers) characteristic it is possible but then again there are 29 teams other than raptors out there.
    As for Andrea I believe he has alot of upside... people tend to look at things differently. You may think he is no dirk but I see potential in him as the next dirk (could be wrong) or close to him (more likely). Dirk had nash beside him.. who will raptors put around Andrea? I see many similarities of Nash in Collison's game, though he still needs more work.
    Andrea and collison together is very intriguing... also Andrea is a way better player than Okafor, he's very gifted offensively if only he could step up his defensive game.
    This is a good trade but the possibilities are slim like I stated before (they may find better deals with other teams)
    Last edited by Raptors; Sat Jun 26th, 2010 at 02:09 AM.

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,176
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptors wrote: View Post
    lol good reasons
    BC in one of his interview did say that there is good value for Turk out there... plus just because of one season a player shouldn't be looked too differently. I agree I'm not a fan of his but he still has game in him.
    Like I said this trade is a possibility and is a long shot, however judging through their (NO, 76ers) characteristic it is possible but then again there are 29 teams other than raptors out there.
    As for Andrea I believe he has alot of upside... people tend to look at things differently. You may think he is no dirk but I see potential in him as the next dirk (could be wrong) or close to him (more likely). Dirk had nash beside him.. who will raptors put around Andrea? I see many similarities of Nash in Collison's game, though he still needs more work.
    Andrea and collison together is very intriguing... also Andrea is a way better player than Okafor, he's very gifted offensively if only he could step up his defensive game.
    This is a good trade but the possibilities are slim like I stated before (they may find better deals with other teams)
    Ha, well in the presser after the draft, BC also said something like "that was actually meant to be off the record... ha ha... but don't worry about it."

    If you compare Turk and Okafor, there are a lot more teams that could use an Okafor than a point forward who only does well when he controls the ball. This season may not have scared away all suitors but it definitely scared away the ones that have the ball run through their point guard.

    I said Bargnani is no Dirk not as an insult to Bargnani but to give credit to Dirk. Yes, Bargnani does a lot of things that Dirk does, including being a very good ball handler for a big. But then you see all the things Dirk does that Bargnani has not done at all. Dirk has a much more well-rounded game and Nash wasn't the sole reason he did well. There really is no comparison when you realize how good he has been. For instance, check his clutch stats on 82games.com. Guys like Kobe, LBJ, Wade and Carmelo are on a tier of their own -- their clutch stats show them getting ~50+ points per 48 minutes -- then you have Dirk right after them at around 45. After that is pretty much everyone else like Bosh, Pierce, Duncan, etc. with ~35 points per 48 minutes. Dirk is the only big who is consistently up there with the top wings.

    Andrea definitely has more upside than Okafor, but Okafor is much more responsible on the defensive end and that's really important. It's probably better to have no expectations of Bargnani though. It's because everyone thought he'd be the next Dirk that so many people are unhappy with him. Also would have helped if Toronto had not won the draft lottery and had simply picked him 5th or 6th (wherever their original position was).

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic Rookie Raptors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    61
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    well you have some good points but then again anything is possible..
    I actually like Andrea and I have hope, he can be great. I just think he fits better with a guy like Howard/Okafor who do their work inside. Bosh and Andrea are too similar. Anywho, if bosh walks...Andrea will likely do well but thats only if we have another Center that can do all the dirty work.
    Andrea is a PF not a C. As for trading him... I will do it if its for a guy like Paul (unlikely). But I have been hearing alot of talks about Granger being on the block. BC should definately look into it...
    I think trading Andrea/future first/Weems for Granger is a good trade.
    Paul George has the potentital to be another Granger...add him, Hibert and Andrea and you got yourselves a nice young core.
    Then trade Hedo for Dalembert and you have yourselves a good team...(Sac has too many bigs...they are probably exercising their options regarding Samuel)
    Then trade Samuel and Cash for Okafor and collison (one can hope).
    Samuel's contract comes off the book next year so its win win for both teams.

    pg) Collison
    sg) Granger
    sf) Derozan
    pf) Bosh
    c) Okafor

    not a bad starting lineup but can get better with some more changes.
    Last edited by Raptors; Sat Jun 26th, 2010 at 03:14 AM.

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,957
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Quixotic wrote: View Post
    Also would have helped if Toronto had not won the draft lottery and had simply picked him 5th or 6th (wherever their original position was).
    Ah if it were only so....at 5-6th we may very well have had Roy on the team rather than B.

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic Starter saints91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    London,ON
    Posts
    991
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Love it, but a bit different

    I've been looking for this trade for weeks!

    I would like to see Okefor on the Raps... he had a i bad season for NO. I would try to do this trade for him.


    From the Raps:

    Evans
    Banks
    Jack

    even throw in a couple 2nd round drafst pick if you need to. NO isn't going to just sell their team.


    From NO

    Okefor
    Collison

    I just tried it on the ESPN trade machine and it went through

    If bosh leaves, we can move Bargani to the 4.


    Next I would try to target Rudy Gay as a restricted free agent. Give him the MAX, we have the savings from not signing Bosh!

    TO GOLDEN STATE:

    Hedo
    Calderon
    1 first round draft pick or 2 (we will be doing well anyways)

    To Toronto:

    Stephen Curry
    Bledrins (very bad contract, but could have upside )
    Brandon Wright


    TEAM OF THE FUTURE!


    Basically here are the new Raptors for years to come


    Okefor
    Bargani
    Gay
    Demar
    Curry

    Collison
    Ed Davis
    Weems
    Bledrins
    Belinelli
    Wright

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    1,570
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Quixotic wrote: View Post
    2) With Paul and Okafor, New Orleans at least has a semblance of a decent team. True, they are bottom tier playoff contenders at best as their roster stands right now, but that trade gives them a bunch of long-term contracts and NO semblance of a team. They would probably have a worse looking team than us, long-term speaking.

    4) Their long-term situation isn't actually as bad as you make it out to be. They already reduced a significant portion of their payroll for this year and should be under the luxury tax. Peja is an expiring contract THIS year, so all of a sudden they are under the cap for next year. The only salary they probably still should get rid of is Posey's but that hardly means trading the entire team for crap.

    5) Philadelphia is intent on making Holiday their PG of the future, and he actually stepped into the role somewhat nicely last season. They no longer want Calderon, thank you very much and thank you for coming.
    2- Shinn does not care about any semblance of a decent team, he wants to dump salary pure and simple. Chouest is moneybags enough to buy, but Shinn is being foolish and demanding more than mrkt for the team. If Chouest is the owner outright, you are correct this cannot happen, however with Shinn he would dump in a heartbeat for expirings. This of course will drop the team value further, so it remains to be seen if Shinn will get wise then, or if he is bluffing Chouest to get the extra money.

    4- They are trying to shed more salary, and specifcally Okafor and Posey (and Peja). They say they will trade Peja simply because of his expiring contract lure, but they prefer to get rid of the first two since it is expiring and it would be greater trade bait in Feb. Mo Pete was another one (4th on their list of 'get rid of') and they got rid of him.

    5- Jrue is their man, however they want a mentor to back him up. Is that Jose? I doubt it.

    Publicly Shinn is saying Paul is untouchable, and some question that. I tend to think that it would be hard to get him. It would be a steal of the decade if we do, and Shinn would join Memphis (Gasol), Washington (Hinrich) and Minnesota (Garnett) as the despised owners/GMs, although more since the other teams didn't get him more than making an instant champion contender.

  14. #14
    Raptors Republic Starter tonious35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Richmond Hill or Edmonton
    Posts
    324
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    This deal would only happen if there was a magical meteor that crosses the earth and causes the Portland and New Orleans GMs to go super retarded for a day, Colangelo actually predicts this event from happening and then he calls them at the right time to make this deal. I can't really see this happening at all dude.

  15. #15
    Raptors Republic Rookie Raptors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    61
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote saints91 wrote: View Post
    I've been looking for this trade for weeks!

    I would like to see Okefor on the Raps... he had a i bad season for NO. I would try to do this trade for him.


    From the Raps:

    Evans
    Banks
    Jack

    even throw in a couple 2nd round drafst pick if you need to. NO isn't going to just sell their team.


    From NO

    Okefor
    Collison

    I just tried it on the ESPN trade machine and it went through

    If bosh leaves, we can move Bargani to the 4.


    Next I would try to target Rudy Gay as a restricted free agent. Give him the MAX, we have the savings from not signing Bosh!

    TO GOLDEN STATE:

    Hedo
    Calderon
    1 first round draft pick or 2 (we will be doing well anyways)

    To Toronto:

    Stephen Curry
    Bledrins (very bad contract, but could have upside )
    Brandon Wright


    TEAM OF THE FUTURE!


    Basically here are the new Raptors for years to come


    Okefor
    Bargani
    Gay
    Demar
    Curry

    Collison
    Ed Davis
    Weems
    Bledrins
    Belinelli
    Wright

    I like it except for the fact GS is not going to take Hedo and Jose with few 1st/2nd round picks (davis,alabi) and give up Curry who has great upside.
    I did think about collison and okafor but if we get Paul, we get Bosh back and yes we can contend instantly...but like I said possibilities are very slim. Other teams may offer better deals but then again one can hope that raptors can get this done.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •