Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptor Fan Fridays <-> RR FAN APPRECIATION PARTY! <-> Tonight! (Big Night!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptor Fan Fridays <-> RR FAN APPRECIATION PARTY! <-> Tonight! (Big Night!)

RAPTOR FAN FRIDAYS is the original Toronto Raptors game party presented by Raptors Republic at the famous Sports Centre Cafe. Join us for every Friday night Raptors game as we bring together fellow hardcore Raptors “fan-addicts” to unite the local Raps fan community and create a fun and rowdy ACC upper-bowl type crowd in the best sports bar in Toronto!

---------------------------------------

Always a FREE Event!
    Games, Contests, Prizes and Giveaways!

RFF Game-Time SPECIAL:
    Pitcher of MGD, 2lbs of wings and a mini Raptors basketball for $25.00

49 St. Clair Ave West, 1 block West of Yonge St.
    Toronto, ON

Last edited by James Ballswin (Realizar); Fri Feb 19, 2010, 05:38 PM.
    RR OG

I'll try and do my part and help promote RFF's on my Friday game threads, Realizar.

Comment

I showed up last Friday. A spirited group...and it's always fun to watch with Realizar.
      http://www.raptorman.ca/
      raptorman@rogers.com
      Discounted Raptor Tickets
      *No Service Charges*

Comment

This week's RFF fan-addict challenge:
        The first person to show me, James Ballswin (Realizar), that they're wearing a Raptors baseball hat gets a free pitcher of beer.
        That's too easy Realizar. At least make it interesting now. First to show you their gold sequence thong get a free pitcher of beer. Because there is no shame in wearing a man thong.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
          That's too easy Realizar. At least make it interesting now. First to show you their gold sequence thong get a free pitcher of beer. Because there is no shame in wearing a man thong.
          After last night's drubbing, I'll be surprised if anyone shows up wearing Raptors gear.

If we get drubbed again tmr night, I might (have to) run to the store and buy everyone paper grocery bags.
          RR OG

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
            That's a really bad idea. Realizar knows I would do that for a free pitcher

Comment

drizz wrote: View Post
              That's a really bad idea. Realizar knows I would do that for a free pitcher
              Pictures or it didn't happen.

Actually ... wait a sec .... did I just ask for a picture of you in a thong?

Comment

How many of you RR peeps will be watching tonight's game? We hope you'll all be coming out tonight to hang out and drink large amounts of hard liquor with us.

(Late night after party at the Rail w/ Altraps!)
                RR OG

Comment

James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post
                  How many of you RR peeps will be watching tonight's game? We hope you'll all be coming out tonight to hang out and drink large amounts of hard liquor with us.

(Late night after party at the Rail w/ Altraps!)
                  I'll be getting a much deserved massage at 7pm tonight, so I might catch the end of the game but I most certainly am not changing my schedule for anything Raptors related right now.

Comment

RFF GAME PARTY REVIEW (Dec. 4 vs Wizzers)

Sorry for the late RFF review. I've been busy all day and last night's RFF was great and I had a crazy night after the game.

First, I gotta give props to the Raps for stepping-up like the pros their paid to be and doing what was necessary to win the game! And a thrilling game it was! So we set ourselves up at SCC in our customary RFF spot in the back (unless there's a private party - and SCC have had a couple of Friday night x-mas parties this season). *Quick Note: For those of you who haven't come out yet, the back at SCC is SWEET with the great seating set-up and a HUGE 7'-5' projection TV screen (35 square foot, floor to ceiling) - which is amazing cuz it's totally different than watching the game at home or "from the bar" (more about that coming up later this week!)

So yeah! The turnout at the start of the game was weak - only Drizz and I were there getting into the game and joking that if the Raps lose this one we'll have to walk out through the front wearing paper bags But once the game started Liam and Ali (RFF newbies) came in and joined us, and than a bunch of you RFF regulars finally showed up and it was all good! (Whether the Raps win or lose, RFF is all about hanging-out and having fun drinking, cheering/cursing the Raps, playing games, fucking around and doing your Friday night thing!)

With the game coming down the wire in the 4th, we pulled out our "Raps rally wigs", which seemed to inspire the team to stay in the game and take it to overtime. And in overtime, all the "rally wigs" came out in full-force and we know it gave the Raps the necessary crowd energy to outplay the Wizzers in the first 2 minutes. LOL!! :P Watching Bosh play like the all-star he is in the crunch; seeing Hedo hit his tough in-bound pass baseline fadeaway game-winner; hearing everyone screaming at the screen as the Raps rotated quick enough on defence to force Arenas to alter his lay-up and miss; and than hold our breath for an instant as the Raps scrapped and battled for the loose ball under the basket, and than in a glimps seeing Jamison somehow getting off and missing the game's final shot as time expired... we all cheered and celebrated the win like we were in the Raps huddle knowing how important this win was to boost the players spirits, while saving the collective sanity of the entire Raps fan community. Watching the Raps win this game was awesome and made us feel great!

But enough with the game recap - time to give props to last night's RFF prize winners!

->First and very surprisingly, no one won the fan challenge - no one came out wearing a Raps baseball cap, so a cold/clean pitcher of MGD went unclaimed.

->Playing "Who Dat B?" and "Umm Who He Play For?", Dale, Liam and Jason all won free beers and a Raptors '15-years t-shirt which they all chose to trade for a special RFF mystery prize. *Dale was the big winner winning one of our RR original design Lower Bowl Sucks! t-shirt's courtesy of @Altraps . Seeing the cool prize Dale won from @Altraps, *Liam also decide go with @Altraps but ended up getting the RFF booby-prize in the form of a lame "Raptors 2009-10 pocket game schedule". As the final contestant, *Jason did better than Liam by trading his Raps t-shirt for a really nice "Raptors dino-logo shirt pin" having chosen @Arsenalist.

->Even though no one correctly predicted the Raps final score, Shawn won a beer by correctly predicting an overtime finish. Jason won a beer by coming to within a pound to correctly guessing Earl Boykins' weight (133lbs). And Kyle won a Raptors mini-basketball playing the inaugural RFF game of "Who Got Next?!!?".

Congrats to all you winners!

By the end of RFF, the back room was full and the rest of the bar was packed (every Friday SCC has bump-&-grind karaoke at 10pm). Even though none of us lost any bets to sing/perform a song, we did hear some "amazing" singers - for better and for worse! lol!!

Yes, it was another great RFF! And the fact the Raps won this game to break the losing streak and calm the waters for at least one night was huge!! BOH!!!

Okay... time for the RFF AFTER-PARTY DETAILS...

With the Raps game long over, Drizz, (Colin)Allshots and I decided to swing down to the Rivoli to play some pool - cut-throat (pirate rules) - and soak-up the sweet vibes inside. After some combative games of cut-throat, we're outside smoking and there's a "Young-Big-Dumb-Thug" trying to assert his alpha-male status among his "yes-minions" by chirping a bunch of weak tough-guy smack to a guy standing next to us trying to pick a fight. When the smaller guy makes the right decision to walk away and go back inside, the YBDT continued chirping what was now wack-ass trash to his yes-minions, tried (and failed) to get passed security to get inside and find the guy, and kept chirping/standing around... the fact he kept on chirping and was obviously waiting for the guy to eventually come out was immature and stupid.

Now here's the sad/funny part of the night... thinking I had gotten lucky by finding a great parking spot off Queen St. super close to the club, we're walking to my car and soon discovered that it was gone. (YO! WTF!!!) After some observations, we noticed that my "great parking spot" was a residential permit-only spot - resulting in my car getting towed. So a few smokes and some quick calls to the city/popo/towing company, I confirmed that the car was towed and it was going to cost me a nice chunk-of-change to get it back. So instead of giving the boys a ride home, we walked through clubland which was interesting given that I haven't gone clubbing in a while. So after doing some fun-flirting with a few sexy ladies we crossed paths it, Allshots and I parted ways with Drizz, hopped in a cab, picked up my classic old-school pimp ride - and than to top it off the girl at the tow-lot office hands me a $60 parkting ticket I got before they towed me (which I knew had to be coming) - I laughed it all off (yo, lesson learned!), drove Allshots home and than did so too.

(And, I know this'll sound corny to most of you, but I gotta say that nothing beats coming home at 3:30am to your woman and your lovable dog after a fun and crazy night of RFF party mackin' and some expensive car-parking-drama!)

Having had such a fun night, I can't wait to do it again next week!

Finally... as soon as Allshots gets done waxing the lovely ladies staying at his place this weekend (!!!!!), he'll post the pictures he took.

Last edited by James Ballswin (Realizar); Sun Dec 6, 2009, 04:00 AM.
                    RR OG

Comment

... crappy ending to a great night Realizar. But it still sounds like you made the best of the evening though.

Comment

RFF Photos - Dec. 11/09 vs Wizards

Big-up to Allshots (original RFF rudebwoy) for the game party photos!

SCC in lights

Melissa (SCC Hostess/RFF Model) & James Ballswin (Realizar)

Realizar & Dale

Dale (with Anthony Johnson!)

Realizar, Ben, Kyle

]
                        Jason, Realizar, Ben

n/a, Dale, Jason, Ben, Kyle, Jeff, n/a, Andrew (SCC/RFF regulars)

n/a, Shawn, Ali, n/a, Liam, Realizar (RFF newbies)

Drizz, Melissa, Colin Allshots, Realizar (RFF regulars)

Jim, Melissa, Realizar

(BOH!!)
                        RR OG

Comment

A blast as always on RFFs!!!

Glad you got your pimpmobile back in one piece, Realizar.

Comment

Realizar, you need to post a pic of your ride.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                              Realizar, you need to post a pic of your ride.
                              I linked a pic in the RFF Wizzers review post, but I'll always post a pic of the "Bronze Bull / Golden Buddha" on request!

RR OG

Comment

Working...
                              X