Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptor Fan Fridays <-> RR FAN APPRECIATION PARTY! <-> Tonight! (Big Night!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RFF Game Time Special:
    A pitcher of MGD, 2lbs of wings and a mini Raptors basketball for $24.99
    That's what I'm talking about!!
    SCC wings are gooood!

Comment

drizz wrote: View Post
      That's what I'm talking about!!
      SCC wings are gooood!
      Man, that is a really good deal. I haven't had some good wings in a long time either. I must make it down from Ottawa one of these weekends.

Comment

:sigh: If only I was old enough. Wait a couple more years guys and I'll be there
        Last name ever, first name greatest

Comment

RFF GAME PARTY REVIEW (Dec. 11 vs Hawks)

My apologies again for the late RFF review. I had another crazy weekend - but this time on a much personal level.

First, even though the Raps came out and disappointed fans everywhere with another lackluster defensive performance, RFF showed up on Friday and delivered the goods en-masse to everyone in attendance at SCC! After Friday's second blow-out loss to the Hawks in a week, everyone at RFF this week unanimously agreed that the Raps were legitimately an 8th seed-type team and nowhere near being the 4th seed-type team many of us thought they would be. But the real argument at RFF was whether Joe Johnson - who'll also be a free agent this summer - is or isn't a max-money player. (What do you think?)

As for this week's prize winners, as much as I wanted to 'Merk the Hawks' no one asked me to do so, which means that another a cold/clean pitcher of MGD went unclaimed. Playing "Who Dat B?" and "Umm Who He Play For?", Shish, Heather and Natty all won free beers and a Raptors '15-years' t-shirt which they all chose to trade for a special RFF mystery prize. *Heather was the big winner winning a RR original design Lower Bowl Sucks! t-shirt's courtesy of @Altraps. *Shish decided go with his favorite RR writer @Arsenalist and won this week's RFF booby-prize: a "deflated" mini Raptors basketball. And as the final contestant, *Natty went with @Rapsfan and won himself a metal Raptors logo pin!

Congrats to all you winners!

And I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the fact that most of us hung around after the Raps game for SCC's Showtime Karaoke and watched, laughed and sang along with those of us who'd had too much to drink got up and sung their hearts out - and in the process failed their sobriety test!

Yes, it was another fun time at RFF as we all cursed-out the Raps and joked about the fact that all of us at SCC definitely had a better time watching the game than the thousands of fans at the ACC!! hahaha

We definitely hope to see you all next week for the final RFF of 2009.

Last edited by James Ballswin (Realizar); Mon Dec 14, 2009, 11:37 AM.
          RR OG

Comment

Sounds like fun man. I gotta make my way down to this one of these Friday's. Do you guys throw it every Fri when the raps are playin?

Comment

.40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
              Sounds like fun man. I gotta make my way down to this one of these Friday's. Do you guys throw it every Fri when the raps are playin?
              That's right. Here's the link to our RFF full-season calendar: http://raptorsrepublic.com/events/
              RR OG

Comment

Looking forward to this week, last week was great except for the whole getting destroyed by the hawks part.

Comment

RFF GAME PARTY REVIEW <-> Dec. 18 vs Nets

Being that this was our last RFF game party for 2009, it turned out to be a "Big Win Night" as we got to enjoy watching the Raps completely annihilate the Nets straight outta the gate through to the very end of the game! (BOH!!) And what a beautiful game it was to watch. Sitting in our customary spot in the back of SCC, there was more big-time cheering going on in a first quarter than any other RFF in recent memory. And with the commencement of garbage time we thought we’d cause a bit of “SCC rukus” by pulling out our RFF rumble/thunder sticks for the first time this season! Yes our 2009 RFF finale was a great night and all had a great time! And in the spirit of the holiday season, we gave everyone who joined us this week a RR sticker 4-pack as a small show of thanks for supporting RR and the Raps.

Now let’s get on with this week's RFF Big Win Night prize winners! *Phil and *Terry got things started winning free beers by winning our “Raps Halftime Points Pool” by correctly guessing that the Raps would end the half with an incredible 70 points. Our Big Win Night continued at the end of the 3rd quarter when *Rooster (Matt) and *Rich played a round of our "RFF Spelling Bee" and both won free beers by correctly spelling "Nesterovic" and "Belinelli" respectively. And our Big Win Night concluded after the Raps blow-out win by playing "Who Dat B?" and "Who He Play For?" with Katie, Lucas and Meaghan, all of whom won more free beers and a Raptors 15-years t-shirt, which they all chose to trade for one of our special RFF mystery prizes. *Katie was this week's big winner winning a RR original design Lower Bowl Sucks! t-shirt by scientifically choosing option "C" which was @Rapsfan! As our next contestant, Lucas (who knew every one of our well-known and obscure NBA players) chose his favorite RR writer @Arsenalist and unfortunately won this week's RFF booby-prize: a Raptors pocket calendar. And as the final contestant, *Meaghan also went with @Arsenalist and had much better luck winning herself a special metal Raptors-logo pin!

Big-up to all of this week's prize winners!

So with 2009 quickly coming to an end, I want to sincerely thank all of you who have made Raptors Republic the preeminent Raptors fan site! As hardcore Raptors fan-addicts, we all love the Raps when they win and we hate them when they lose, but the team will always have our support and we will continue to have fun cheering and cursing the Raps at RFF because that’s what being a part of the Raptors Republic is all about!

We definitely hope to see you all for our next RFF game party, our first in 2010, on January 8 against the Sixers. So please have a special and safe holiday season!

Last edited by James Ballswin (Realizar); Sat Dec 19, 2009, 10:47 PM.
                  RR OG

Comment

RFF Video Clip - Dec. 18 vs Nets

Here's a quick video clip from last week's RFF game party - filmed in "Drunk Vision".

RR OG

Comment

That girl was smoking hot. Too bad the camera can't catch that.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                        That girl was smoking hot. Too bad the camera can't catch that.
                        That girl wanted to come home with me after the party.
                        RR OG

Comment

RFF UPDATE - I want to inform all the hardcore RR fanaddicts that the BEER will the extra cold, the WINGS extra hot, the BAR GAMES extra fun and and the PRIZES extra cool at RFF this Friday!

WE'RE READY! YOU'RE READY! LET'S GET IT ON!!
                          RR OG

Comment

James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post
                            RFF UPDATE - I want to inform all the hardcore RR fanaddicts that the BEER will the extra cold, the WINGS extra hot, the BAR GAMES extra fun and and the PRIZES extra cool at RFF this Friday!

WE'RE READY! YOU'RE READY! LET'S GET IT ON!!
                            No challenge this week? Where's the free brewski man?! haha

Comment

.40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
                              No challenge this week? Where's the free brewski man?! haha
                              You didn't see the challenge in the OP? (Quick! Check the Rhyme!!)

We decided to made it a lot easier this week. Just show up wearing your Iverson jersey, strut your stuff around the bar, and as soon as I see you, BAM!! a pitcher of MGD will be yours to enjoy (responsibly)
                              RR OG

Comment

RFF GAME PARTY REVIEW (w/ PICS & Video CLIP) <-> Jan. 8/10 vs 76ers

RFF GAME PARTY REVIEW (w/ PICS & CLIP)<->Jan. 8 vs 76ers

Last night’s Raps game was awesome and our RFF game party was absolutely amazing!! Everyone that showed up to watch the game and party with us knows what I’m talking about! (Happy Birthday, Nile)

Even though the first-half was a little frustrating since the Raps couldn’t make any consistent stops, gave up a ton of fast break points and let the Sixers (who were without a sick Elton Brand) score 60 points, they came back after the break and showed a defiant and focused resolve fighting back from an 11-point halftime deficit to end the 3rd quarter down by only two.

With momentum on the Raps side to start the 4th quarter, it was time for us to do our part to help will the Raps to a road win by putting on our RFF Rally Wigs! And it worked!! The Raps came out blazing taking a 5-point lead and maintained it for most of the quarter. But than let the Sixers come back with turnovers. In the final seconds, Iggy made a put-back dunk and the Sixers held a 1-point lead. But with 18 or so seconds left in the game, the Raps ran an isolation play for Bosh in the block, and with Sam Dalembert guarding him one-on-one with 5 fouls, Bosh made the play of the game beating him off the dribble with a quick ball-fake, drove to his right drawing a foul and finishing with a lay-up for the game defying and-1! (The bar erupted for that play!!) Up by 2, the Raps defence stayed composed and forced the Sixers into taking a long 3 ball brick to end the game, at which point the bar exploded with joy as everyone began to celebrate the Raps win!! (The RFF Rally Wigs did the trick!)

It was already a fun night for everyone at RFF, but it’s always so much sweeter when the party ends with the Raps winning the game!!

Now, it’s time to announce this week's RFF contests and prize winners!

First, all of our newbie RFF friends got a RR 4-sticker pack for coming out.

Incredibly, 4 fan-addicts (*NILE, *FRANK, *MAY, *RICHARD) won free beers and posters of Chris Bosh's First Ink DVD cover playing “Raps Halftime Points Pool” by correctly guessing that the Raps would end the half with 49 points.

Mid-way through the 3rd quarter, *ADAM played a round of "RFF Raps Trivia" won a perfect fitting fitted Raptors Hat by knowing that the 2nd leading rebounder in Raps franchise history is Antonio Davis!

With the ecstasy of the Raps last second win still in the air, post-game was all about playing playing some "Who Dat B?" and "Umm… Who He Play For?" with James, Mike and Matt who all won more free beers and Raptors 15 Years anniversary t-shirts, which again this week they all chose to trade for one of our special RFF mystery prizes! *JAMES from Outside the NBA walked away with a fantastic Holographic Raptors Wii Remote Skin by choosings @Rapsfan. *MIKE when he won himself a cool Raptors Shot Glass courtesy of @Altraps. Finally, *MATT finished the games by completely going against the crowds chants to ‘Keep the Shirt’ and instead went with @RapsFan for the second time and won a hardcore Raptors Belt Buckle! (DAMN!!!)

Mad props to all the winners of our awesome RFF game party prizes this week!

It was definitely a great night and everyone had a really fun time! We hope to see you all at next week’s RFF game party on January 15 when the Raps play another division rival, the New York K-Nickers.

->RFF Game Party Pics:

Halftime points pool winners! (Nil, Frank, May, Richard)

Birthday boy Nile!

Tony popping the Bargs jersey!!

Realizar, Richard amd Sasha

Scott and May

OutsideTheNBA.com Crew (Eric, Julian, James) w/ Alscholtz and Realizar

Ravi, Mike, Realizar

The Oakville RFF Party Crew (Nile, Ryan, Jordan, Mike, Julian) w/ Realizar

RapsFan and Realizar

Drizz pounding back the Buds!

Tom, RapsFan, Realizar

Members of the local RFF Party Patrol (Frank, Geovani, Dex, Mohgen) w/ Realizar

Realizar and Sandra

Colin Alschotz and Realizar

RFF Masses in 'Drunk Vision'

Playing "Who Dat B?" and "Who He Play For?" with Mike

Ummm... Who He Play For?

Playing "Who Dat B?" (Dirk) and "Who He Play For" (Mavs) with Matt

Playing "Who Dat B?"(Nenad Kristic) and "Who He Play For" (Thunder) with Matt

Realizar, Matt, Alschotz

Realizar, Matt (with prize), Alschotz

Pump it up homeboy!

Alschotz, Adam (w/Raps Hat prize) and Tony

RapsFan, Tom, James

Your host

->RFF Game Party Video Clip

Last edited by James Ballswin (Realizar); Sat Jan 9, 2010, 07:26 PM.
                                RR OG

Comment

Working...
                                X