Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proposal - Getting Nash (Toronto, Pheonix, Detroit)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposal - Getting Nash (Toronto, Pheonix, Detroit)

Tried this on the trade machine and wanted to get some feedback on this trade.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=28hbqcw

Toronto gets Nash (and can hopefully keep Bosh)

Phoenix gets Jose, and Rip, awesome front court.

Detroit gets 2 scoring bigs that are flexable.

Toronto Lineup
    Nash/JJ
    Derozan/Belli
    Turkaglu/Weems/Clark
    Bosh/Amir/Davis
    Alabi/Rasho/Reggie
    We're hurting in the C but everything else seems AOKAY!

Thoughts?
    Last edited by jasondariver; Sat Jun 26, 2010, 11:55 PM.

Well, why on earth would Phoenix want Jose and Rip Hamilton, two older guards with big, long term contracts, while giving up an MVP (albeit a 36 year old one) and a good, young, defensive center?

And the Raptors certainly give up a lot for a 36 year old PG who may retire in two years.

Detroit? Well, Detroit gives up a 32 year old guard who missed a ton of games this year and get two young big men. They make out HUGE! I think they'd do it in a second. The other two teams? Not so much.

I won't even get into why Toronto shouldn't give up any of their young assets for a 36 year old PG, because this trade is so incredibly lopsided in Detroits favour it's ridiculous. Sorry.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Horrible trade for Phoenix. Don't see them doing this at all. They're trading away one of the best PGs in the league as well as most of their youth for what? A retool that acts as a downgrade?

Could totally see Detroit though. They're getting too much for Rip, IMO. No offense to Rip, but he has one of the less desirable contracts in the league right now, and they're getting Bargnani AND Lopez to unload it? Bargnani alone has more value than that (whether or not people agree on his value).

Not going to discuss whether Toronto would do this. No point when Phoenix wouldn't do it.

Comment

Haha, Tim, our posts are so close (up to the not discussing Toronto's motivation, though for different reasons heh) it's eerie!

Comment

Quixotic wrote: View Post
          Haha, Tim, our posts are so close (up to the not discussing Toronto's motivation, though for different reasons heh) it's eerie!
          It's an old Jedi mind trick. I'll teach it to you sometime.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
            It's an old Jedi mind trick. I'll teach it to you sometime.
            Quit hijacking my posts to echo the same sentiment then!

Comment

Reasons to get Nash

We may or may not win the NBA championship next year, but getting NASH will raise basketball popularity and sell out more games next year. + he'd be invaluable as an assistant coach type player especially at a time like this, late in his career. In 5 years, he'll be the Wayne Gretzky of basketball.

Comment

Quixotic wrote: View Post
                Quit hijacking my posts to echo the same sentiment then!
                These aren't the droids you're looking for.
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

jasondariver wrote: View Post
                  We may or may not win the NBA championship next year, but getting NASH will raise basketball popularity and sell out more games next year. + he'd be invaluable as an assistant coach type player especially at a time like this, late in his career. In 5 years, he'll be the Wayne Gretzky of basketball.
                  Well, the Raptors will most definitely not win the Championship next year, even with Nash, unless LeBron or Wade decide to sign with them.

And building a contender will raise the popularity of the team far better than the temporary boost they would get from Nash. Trying to do what the Thunder have done will have a much better longterm benefit and would help the team off the court.
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I dont really think that any of these teams would mind if PHX got draft picks as well but id like to see us bring in a guy like Lopez- a high potential, cheap and quality big. PHX may not want Rip since they still have Jrich and Hill. It would also kill PHX in the playoff run.

I'd love to see Stuckey in T.O, although the chances of that happening are slim to none since he is the Detroit future

Comment

KingKevin10 wrote: View Post
                      I dont really think that any of these teams would mind if PHX got draft picks as well but id like to see us bring in a guy like Lopez- a high potential, cheap and quality big. PHX may not want Rip since they still have Jrich and Hill. It would also kill PHX in the playoff run.

I'd love to see Stuckey in T.O, although the chances of that happening are slim to none since he is the Detroit future
                      Why on earth would you want Stuckey? Did you watch him last year? Detroit is trying to move him because it's obvious he's not really the answer at PG for them. The guy just doesn't pass or run an offense very well. Stuckey's not a bad player, but he's best coming off the bench, and the Raptors have plenty of backup PGs.
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                      X