No announcement yet.

Chris Bosh In No Win Situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's only awkward because Raptors fans are being over-sensitive though. Part of it you can blame on the nature of today's media. Everything is fast, fast, fast, rather than accurate (eg. Twitter), but then it's what you guys want apparently.

JustBrown wrote: View Post
    Your franchise player spends a summer basking in the media's spotlight (albeit in the shadow of LeBron)
    Considering he's probably the #3 free agent this summer, is it that abnormal to have the media attention he's getting? You yourself just admitted Lebron has been in the media even more, so how about Wade? Seems to me we're just noticing Bosh more because we've been looking for anything we can get our hands on to find out what's going on in his mind.

forming a hypothetical list of teams he is willing to play for
    It's a crime to do this? Do we even know what happened behind that supposed list of five? And if we take that list as something Bosh let slip but then wanted retracted (rather than one of the many, many rumors of the offseason), why are we so butt-hurt when we were on that list as well? If you believe the list is real but don't believe in our inclusion, then you're just bringing it on yourself.

asking to be THE man
    Yes, yes, asking to be THE man shows an egotistical attention-grubbing whore; if he plays with LBJ or Wade he's a little bitch; if he gets a $126 mil deal he's a greedy little bastard; and showing up at the Lakers game means he's unwilling to earn anything on his own. I totally hear you here.

admitting that he is waiting on LeBron to make a decision and thus basing his ultimate decision off of that
    ... means what... that he just described what EVERY single FA (except maybe Wade if he's intent on staying in Miami) is thinking right now? You guys read way too much into things. No, not too much, just whatever you guys want to hear.

claiming Miami is at the top of the aforementioned list
    No, not aforementioned. Again, this is your little mind-game with yourself. Nowhere did he say "of the list of five teams that was leaked out earlier, Miami is at the top." He only said Miami is in top contention for his services. Meaning what? Is Chicago in top contention? Is New York? Is Toronto? He goes on to say, "Everybody pretty much is on an even playing field until I hear what they have to say. I want to see things for myself, how they run everything, what their ideas are," but I guess it's more convenient to skip that part and just add your own meaning to three vague, unspecific words, and then beat yourself over it. Gosh, Raptors fans are masochistic.

basically parade himself around the league while guys like Amir Johnson, DeRozan and Weems actually put in work this summer
    This is what I love. When it's in support of what you think, you're free to add whatever meaning or extra bits that you want. But here, you have to be perfectly literal. No, no, we've only heard about Amir, DeMar and Sonny practicing at the Raptors facilities. Nobody else is practicing anywhere else. Obviously. (Not to mention, Amir, DeMar and Sonny have been doing their own share of "parading", and I have nothing against them for that. Even muscles need a break.)

If Toronto was truly where he wanted to be, he wouldn't need to listen to offers or see who could woo him with the best overall package - he would have either a) signed an extension or b) kept his mouth shut like LeBron.
    So Wade... guess Miami isn't where he truly wants to be since he hasn't signed an extension. Why was he seen with Bosh? Oh no, I guess Wade is going to Toronto. He was seen hanging out with Bosh. His girlfriend Gabrielle Union was there too. Wade must have brought her because any move Wade makes will concern her too. I guess BC must be talking to Wade through Bosh. Oh no, QQ, that rat bastard. And Lebron, can you imagine if he was a Raptor? OMG he stayed for ONLY 10 minutes and he didn't even say anything other than the PC thing to say. He must hate his home if he hasn't signed an extension. That loser.

If anyone even remembers what really happened with McGrady, you'd be less likely to crucify Bosh. We gave McGrady his first chance and he leaves the first moment he can, giving us a S&T for nothing. Even better, he tells us he'll consider Toronto during the season, and we come out in full force every game, signs everywhere asking McGrady to stay. What happens July 1st? Grunwald tries to reach McGrady, McGrady doesn't respond back. We even had a decent, promising team back then, way better than what we have now. That was the ultimate insult, to say one thing and do another. Supposedly he didn't want to be under Vince's shadow; he wanted to be the man. But then he goes to Orlando to play with Grant Hill and Tim Duncan (except Duncan changed his mind). We should thank Bosh for being so honest, or we'd have nothing to beat ourselves with except the things we make up in our heads.
    Last edited by Quixotic; Mon Jun 28, 2010, 01:07 AM.

Comment

Quixotic wrote: View Post
      It's only awkward because Raptors fans are being over-sensitive though. Part of it you can blame on the nature of today's media. Everything is fast, fast, fast, rather than accurate (eg. Twitter), but then it's what you guys want apparently.

Considering he's probably the #3 free agent this summer, is it that abnormal to have the media attention he's getting? You yourself just admitted Lebron has been in the media even more, so how about Wade? Seems to me we're just noticing Bosh more because we've been looking for anything we can get our hands on to find out what's going on in his mind.

Yes, yes, asking to be THE man shows an egotistical attention-grubbing whore; if he plays with LBJ or Wade he's a little bitch; if he gets a $126 mil deal he's a greedy little bastard; and showing up at the Lakers game means he's unwilling to earn anything on his own. I totally hear you here.
      It's definitely normal to have the media attention because I agree he's up there in the top 3 free agents this summer but personally I think he could be handling the situation better. If you mention LeBron or DWade it's clear that LeBron has taken a "no comment" approach to how he is dealing with free agency and DWade has showed his loyalty by claiming he wants to stay in Miami - neither are really in the same boat as Bosh in that respect.

Considering you took every point i made and turned it into some extravagant pessimistic rant on how Bosh has turned his back on the franchise, I see where your stance is on how he's dealing with this summer, but I think you skewed what I meant for the most part. I absolutely know that if the list rumor is true, then Toronto was one of the teams on it but through what he has been QUOTED as saying and through his interviews, I get the sense that other teams may be higher on that list. I would love for him to re-sign, believe it or not, but I guess it will take more than a signature on a dotted line for me to believe that his heart is really in Toronto.

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
        and we didn't make playoffs by one game. It is managements fault thouugh, we have had a glaring need at the small forward or shooting guard positions since Carter left. They are instrumental positions in winning a championship. a good power forward and a creative offensive back court is a winning formula. THey should have got it done!
        We didn't make the playoffs because of defense and defense alone. Offense had absolutely nothing to do with it. Calderon and Bargnani were therefore the two biggest offenders in this respect, though Triano should be blasted for giving them increased roles over more well rounded players like Amir and Banks.

Comment

I'm a fan of CB4 in that I think most Raptors under-appreciate the effect he has on the court offensively and defensively.

However, I don't get this "He gave us 7 years". He didn't give us 7 years because he didn't start playing like a real max-money player until these past two seasons (in fact, one could argue just this past season with the added bulk). Before that, he was a solid offensive power forward that took too many jump shots. That's not to say he wasn't good, he just wasn't someone you'd build around. Now that he's bulked up and started playing more inside, showing some leadership abilities too, NOW it's time to build around him.

If anything the Raptors invested to get him into his prime, and now he's (maybe) bolting when he's at the peak of his career. This is the time to build around Bosh! The first 2 years of his career certainly don't count because we didn't know how far he'd come. And the next 3 years of his career don't count because he wasn't nearly as dominating. He's given us 2 years to build around him and in those two years we've had 2 failed experiments (3 if you want to count Marion leaving for Dallas).

Comment

This has become a ridiculous thread. To answer the original question posted, there is one situation where Bosh will be be free of Raptor fan hate: if he signs with another team that is at the same level as the Raptors, their GM makes a move or two and they win a title. That should successfully divert any hate we would have toward Bosh toward our GM, since if a place like, say, Millwakee (just an example, he's not going there) wins a title with Bosh as the guy.
            People need to stop trying to analyze this whole Bosh thing and just wait until he decides what he wants to do. It's pointless to consider where he might end up at this point when for all we know the Russian league could be waiting to sign Bosh to 30 million a year deal, or maybe China plans to start it's own league and wants CB4. Just chill.
            "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

It's true, I think Bosh will get blasted no matter what he does.
              It seems like fans attitudes have greatly soured on him since his got injured this year just after the All Star break. I admit I don't think he came back as the same player he was at the beginning of the season (when he was really playing great) but it seems like the disappointing end to the season is being unfairly placed solely on Bosh's shoulders by some fans.

People need to stop trying to analyze this whole Bosh thing and just wait until he decides what he wants to do. It's pointless to consider where he might end up...
              Probably best to stay off the internet if you don't want to deal with rumours and pointless analysis/theories. It really is all too much.
              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Oh well he chose it to go dowm this way by talking about who's in top contention and having no respect for the Franchise that gave him a chance to bank on his free agency this year.
                "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Comment

Working...
                X