Announcers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Announcers

is it just me or have we already forgotten about chuck swirsky! he was a muuuch mucch better announcer than Matt Devlin. man his excitement was great. the nicknames he gave were also much much better than devlin's!

Now imagine him calling LeBron, Bosh and Rose in Chicago! That would be pretty cool.

Comment

Vimsanity wrote: View Post
      Now imagine him calling LeBron, Bosh and Rose in Chicago! That would be pretty cool.
      Chuck's heart couldn't take it. The man gets too excited too easily.

I know I'm in the minority likely, but I really like Devlin. Little off the wall at times, but Chuck wore thin on me over the years.

Comment

Never liked Swirsky myself. Always thought he was annoying and always wished for a more "professional" announcer, a la Dan Shulman. Shulman and John Saunders are two Canadian guys who I wish we could get back. It's a coin flip between the two.

Honestly, Devlin or Swirsky, if I have to pick I'll choose mute. PUNJABI!

Comment

I liked Chuck, but he can get way over the top at times. I prefer Devlin. Obviously TNT does as well since they select Devlin to call playoff games for them.

Comment

I want Jack Armstrong to do every game all by himself. Maybe get him some alcohol too.

Comment

Chuck was great - just imagine how many salami and cheese references/jokes would have gone unsaid if he hadn't been around. I'm indifferent towards Devlin for the most part, but anytime something positive happens for the Raptors, he feels the need to yell about it. I guess at the end of the day I'm just glad Tommy Heinsohn doesn't do Raptor broadcasts.

Comment

bayanmn wrote: View Post
                I want Jack Armstrong to do every game all by himself. Maybe get him some alcohol too.
                i honestly think he would go insane if he did. but, it would certainly make them more money just to see what that crazy announcer does this time. rofl

If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                  i honestly think he would go insane if he did. but, it would certainly make them more money just to see what that crazy announcer does this time. rofl

HAHAHA thats a sweet vid JA is a beauty too funny!!
                  "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Comment

Working...
                  X