Apparently the Raptors Could Use Allen Iverson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently the Raptors Could Use Allen Iverson

Ugh ... no thank you. I think I'd take Yogi Stewart back before acquiring A.I.

Anyhow, NBA.com did an article today discussing 7 teams that should want Iverson's services. And we're one of the 7 teams.

Toronto: There's definitely 30 mpg available in Toronto. With Jose Calderon and Hedo Turkoglu, Iverson would have little-to-zero facilitating responsibilities and could focus strictly on scoring. And, although a Calderon/Iverson backcourt is about as bad defensively as Nash/Iverson, what Iverson would bring with him is more important. The Raptors have been soft and essentially swag-less since Charles Oakley bounced and Vince Carter gave up. What you have now is fairly talented team with a lot of potential, but missing a strut in their steps. If nothing else, Iverson gives the Raptors some machismo. And the hoops-crazed fans in Ontario would love him. In terms of effort, he's the anti-VC.
    So, who here would take a chance on Iverson?

Source - Click here

NBA.com, welcome to last week. This is exactly what phdsteve said in his podcast from last week and he got flamed for it.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
      NBA.com, welcome to last week. This is exactly what phdsteve said in his podcast from last week and he got flamed for it.

Yeah, phd lectured about the benefits of acquiring AI and his thesis was that is was a "can't lose" scenario.

What AI brings is offence is far superior than what either Calderon or Jack do; and what he brings on defence is no worse than what they bring too.

Here's hoping the Raps snatch-up AI before the Sixers do!

Last edited by James Ballswin (Realizar); Tue Dec 1, 2009, 05:46 PM.
      RR OG

Comment

Working...
      X