Bosh Refusing to Talk to the Raptors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosh Refusing to Talk to the Raptors?

All hearsay obviously, but if there is an ounce of truth to it, then how does this bode well for us when it comes to a "sign & trade"? I know everyone's saying he won't turn down the option of making max money, but what if he does turn it down and sign outright with someone else? That would mean we'd have about $6.5 to $7 million in cap space this summer. Hardly enough to entice a decent free agent.

Where do the marquee players stand as of right now? We have split them into five categories based on how likely they are to leave their respective teams this summer.

Bags Already Packed

Chris Bosh – The only player currently in this group, Bosh is the most likely of the marquee free agents to change jerseys. Those close to Bosh say that the power forward has played his last game with the Toronto Raptors and that he doesn't plan to listen to the team's pitch heading into free agency. Sources say he hasn't been in contact with the team in quite some time, refusing to return calls and make any contact. While Bosh isn't saying much to reporters, he isn't hiding the fact that he is done with the Raptors from those close to him and at this point, the question isn't whether he leaves but rather where does he land next? Nearly every team with a max contract to offer will be in pursuit of Bosh so it's hard to narrow down the potential destinations at this point.
    Source: Click here

it's better than getting someone hwo will just take up minutes from other players and aren't worth it like beasley. he'll just take away minutes from davis, amir, etc.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
      it's better than getting someone hwo will just take up minutes from other players and aren't worth it like beasley. he'll just take away minutes from davis, amir, etc.
      I know. Acquiring Beasley is my only concern this summer. We dealt with attitude last season with Hedo, we don't need it again with someone like Beasley who has a reputation of a poor work ethic too.

Comment

They may view him as a trading asset down the line. As in bring him in, let him pad the stats on a lotto team and then ship him out at a much higher price.

Comment

Sign and trade is a 2 way street, if he show BC respect by working with him to get Raptors something of value, then we will in turn work with him to get him that extra $30 mil that only we can give him, Its simple as that.

Comment

Please please please please do not sign CB back. If his other options don't pan out you know he will consider us a "fallback" and just take the paycheck. We need this guy outta here.

Comment

As far as him not returning calls, I doubt that means anything in regards to the Raptors being able to get a S &T done. He knows nothing can happen until the 1st at the earliest. The Raptors know he's going to weigh his options so there's no real need to speak at all.
              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                All hearsay obviously, but if there is an ounce of truth to it, then how does this bode well for us when it comes to a "sign & trade"? I know everyone's saying he won't turn down the option of making max money, but what if he does turn it down and sign outright with someone else? That would mean we'd have about $6.5 to $7 million in cap space this summer. Hardly enough to entice a decent free agent.

Source: Click here
                Look at it another way:

Once Bosh confirms for the Raptors that he's not coming back, but that he'll cooperate on a sign-and-trade to get a max deal, what is there left to say until he decides where he wants to play?

Until he picks a team to play for, all the Raps can do is wait... just like the rest of us.

Yeah, I know. I'm just a giddy optimist, eh?

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                  I know. Acquiring Beasley is my only concern this summer. We dealt with attitude last season with Hedo, we don't need it again with someone like Beasley who has a reputation of a poor work ethic too.
                  i'm not worried about beasley so much as a player because he's decent but if he's going to be a bitch like hedo if no one wants him now and we acquire him good luck moving him we'd haveb to buy him out if he accepted that.
                  If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I used to think there was no way he would ever turn down that extra year and accompanying 30 million for the super max, but it is looking more and more like Bosh and Bron might just walk to either Chicago, New York or Miami.

The fact that people still think he might come back is pretty insane, getting back anything at this point has to be considered a viable alternative. Bron seems to be the one making the decisions for everybody and if he tells Bosh to abandon the S&T I gotta believe Bosh will obediently tow the line. Having said that, of all the stars who might leave Bosh's departure has been accepted for the longest time and thus there would be the least animosity between the breakup of star and organization.

I personally have no anger towards Bosh, I think he handled this situation poorly, but the next 72 hours will dictate his raptor legacy as villian or super villian.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                      Please please please please do not sign CB back. If his other options don't pan out you know he will consider us a "fallback" and just take the paycheck. We need this guy outta here.
                      Yes, what do the Raptors need with the best player in the history of the franchise and one of the hardest working players on the team?
                      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Best player in the history of the franchise.
                        He sure has done a great job getting us to the promised land err wait umm...
                        Well, at least he hasn't been shy about NOT wanting to stay here in the media.
                        That's my kinda 'best' player.

More like 'longest tenured, overpaid, #1 choice on offense/stat padding, lax defense having celeb wannabe".

Comment

One of the worst parts about this whole Bosh thing is that Toronto's image is taking a beating. Every article (sourced or not) basically has a line in there saying what a crappy situation the Raptors really are, failing to realize that Chris Bosh was the focal point for the last four years of that crappy situation.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                            Best player in the history of the franchise.
                            He sure has done a great job getting us to the promised land err wait umm...
                            Well, at least he hasn't been shy about NOT wanting to stay here in the media.
                            That's my kinda 'best' player.

More like 'longest tenured, overpaid, #1 choice on offense/stat padding, lax defense having celeb wannabe".
                            This is where Tim will start bashing BC for not doing enough...blah blah.

And Chris Bosh is a distant second to the best player ever for the Raptors.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                              Yes, what do the Raptors need with the best player in the history of the franchise and one of the hardest working players on the team?
                              I don't know Bosh might tend to be a bit of an endothermic personality.
                              Last edited by Buddahfan; Mon Jun 28, 2010, 05:01 PM.
                              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Working...
                              X