No announcement yet.

Hedo's Most Recent Interview with the Turkish Media

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazing how mnay people have no problem taking Hedo back.

Forget the comments, look at his performance. Out of shape, uncommitted and a poor example of being a professional as a vet. Unwilling to give up his body taking 26 ft fadeaway jumpers when the game is on the line.........and his screaming banshee drives to the rim that went unrewarded by smart refs.

That was Hedo yeaar 1.......just imagine Hedo year 4? lol

Get rid of him while you can. His results in Orlando were due to playing with exceptional talent. Here in Toronto he doesn't have that luxury and when Bosh leaves he will be worse and even more trouble when he looks around at his teammates.

You can't blame the 'system' and 'they never used me properly' when you never tried to begin with.

Comment

I totally agree with you. Turk had a off season last year but if he can come back in better shape this season I tihnk things can be fixed. Hedo is a great SF who can score. with next yeears kineup he can fit in nicely and hopefully redeem himself. I give Turk up unbtil trade deadline to make some changes if itss the same old turk by then ..... trade time.

Comment

i dont mind having him back

if he comes in more of a pg role and he works hard over the summer i dont mind having him back as he is still extremely talented. he could make things easier for a lot of our younger players by finding them better shots and taking some of the offensive pressure off bargnani

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
          Ugh ... I hope your wrong. I don't think I can take another season with Hedo.
          +1 (for Triano)

What happened to those "handful of teams"?
          What was Orlando's offer? It was not a rumor, it directly came from their GM.

BC is giving no1 priority to Bosh and his S&T. It seems uncertainty of Hedo's situation will continue for a while. Sigh!

Comment

I want Hedo gone as soon as BC gets a good deal for him, just because Raptors could score even with Hedo not playing at his best, what Raptors couldn't do is to defend which is not the best Hedo's skill. Let's get some defensive oriented guys, not someone who needs the "ball"!

Comment

chiddyy33 wrote: View Post
              Id rather hedo back and calderon go.....
              as much as i dont back hedo i think in the right system he can fit and perform, calderon is just brutal all around he cant defend and his "money" jumper has gone to shit....
              dish the spoiled spanish and than worry about moving hedo if the opportunity comes and is right....
              Calderon is brutal all around? Well, he shot .482 from the field and .398 from beyond the three point line. He lead the team in assists and is the only player on the team that seemed to have any idea how to run and offense, and is the only player who makes his teammates better. Calderon would consistently come in and help bring the team back from being behind double digits when he was coming off the bench.

You may not like Calderon, but he's a far, far better player than you give him credit for.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                Calderon is brutal all around? Well, he shot .482 from the field and .398 from beyond the three point line. He lead the team in assists and is the only player on the team that seemed to have any idea how to run and offense, and is the only player who makes his teammates better. Calderon would consistently come in and help bring the team back from being behind double digits when he was coming off the bench.

You may not like Calderon, but he's a far, far better player than you give him credit for.
                Amen!!

Comment

sleepz wrote: View Post
                  Amazing how mnay people have no problem taking Hedo back.

Forget the comments, look at his performance. Out of shape, uncommitted and a poor example of being a professional as a vet. Unwilling to give up his body taking 26 ft fadeaway jumpers when the game is on the line.........and his screaming banshee drives to the rim that went unrewarded by smart refs.

That was Hedo yeaar 1.......just imagine Hedo year 4? lol

Get rid of him while you can. His results in Orlando were due to playing with exceptional talent. Here in Toronto he doesn't have that luxury and when Bosh leaves he will be worse and even more trouble when he looks around at his teammates.

You can't blame the 'system' and 'they never used me properly' when you never tried to begin with.
                  If we can get something useful for Turk, then I'm fine with trading him. There's a case to be made that he's worn out his welcome here, but attributing his results in Orlando to simply playing with superior talent is wrong. Celtic players were quoted as saying it was much easier playing the Magic in this year's playoffs because they didn't have to worry about the mismatches, court vision, and passing skills Hedo provided in 2009.

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
                    I don't care which one is back as long as one of them is gone.

Raps signed Hedo to a five year deal and year one went about as bad as possible. I think year two has tremendous upside potential. If the guy has any pride or self respect at all he will come into camp in great shape and ready to prove that he's not the LVP of the NBA.

Jose is who is he is at this point, a very good back up point guard. Hedo can still be a valuable starting player on this team and will provide needed experience to this young club. I think the raps are going to surprise a lot of people next year and Hedo could be one of the main culprits.

The raps need a point guard desperately. Collison or Lawson would be perfect moving forward and Hedo is an ideal 3 to pair with a young, scoring oriented point guard.

It makes no sense to trade Hedo now, let him play in the FIBA tournament and show he's not washed up. Short of an ACL injury, the guy's trade value can't get any lower so there is no reason to rush him out of town.
                    i totally agree. i think everybody's mind is being clouded by the fact that the media kept putting Hedo out there as a "bad guy" or a "brat" but his numbers clearly say that he didnt give up on the Raps. His stats may have dipped from the previous season, but he didnt just sit and wallow. Common now, 19rebs against the bulls, the most important game of the season.

The raps clearly handled his situation wrong when he "allegedly" went out partying. yes they did sit him down, but that was after a few games already, and after much pressure from MLSE and the media.

I cant emphasize it enough but used the right way, Hedo is a matchup nightmare. he can play the point, 3 or 4. plus, trading him now when his value is low is pretty much throwing him away. Everybody's hyped on a possible Gortat/Bass for Hedo trade, but if you look at it more closely, we already have davis, bargs, maybe amir at the 4. adding bass will be redundant. we can use gortat but im not sure if he can be used as a running big alongside demar, sonny and bargs. plus im not sure if he's a good shotblocker, which we desperately need.

trading calderon makes more sense. the guy doesnt whine so you can use him as a starter or a backup. he opens the floor with his threes and he's a pass first PG which teams mostly covet. good qualities but not what we need right now.
                    Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Mon Jun 28, 2010, 04:03 PM.

Comment

holy crap, enough with the 'i wasn't used correctly' BS. their were reasons the raps were one of the top offensive teams in the L last year, and waaaay down at the bottom of that list resides hedo. i guess the point was to sacrifice team success for the good of hedo, because it was just too damn hard for him to adjust his game to the system. a successful system.

of course, it won't be the same system next year, because the dude that made it so damn successful won't be back.

'HOORAY' shout the mouth-breathers. 'THANK GOD THAT CLOCK-EATING STAT-PADDING RU-PAUL GOOF IS GONE! NOW WE CAN BUILD AROUND...oh shit, who's left?'
                      TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

He lead the team in assists and is the only player on the team that seemed to have any idea how to run and offense, and is the only player who makes his teammates better.
                        I'm not buying that he knows how to run an offense, and if you convince me of that, it'll probably be from the angle that our offense is as simple as passing it to Bosh or kicking it to a three-point shooter WITHOUT any dribble penetration. Calderon creates next to nothing for his teammates using his own quickness/drive and goes quarters without setting up an easy shot for a teammate.

The only thing he's good at is coming in as part of the second unit, being aggressive with his shot and then using that jumper threat to perhaps turn the corner and go at the bench of the other team. On this team, he's a good backup, that's it.

Comment

It remains to be seen how much of Calderon's success has been the product of Bosh. I'd expect his effectiveness to take a significant hit in a Boshless offense. He already has a hard enough time creating his own shot and/or pressuring the defense into make a reactionary decision even with Bosh around. If excessively dribbling the ball beyond the arc, only to dump it into Bosh / swing it for a long two point jump shot constitutes running an offense, I'll take Jack's more aggressive, higher turnover playmaking every time .. Atleast he made an effort to make plays (and did so fairly efficiently).

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                            i totally agree. i think everybody's mind is being clouded by the fact that the media kept putting Hedo out there as a "bad guy" or a "brat" but his numbers clearly say that he didnt give up on the Raps. His stats may have dipped from the previous season, but he didnt just sit and wallow. Common now, 19rebs against the bulls, the most important game of the season.

I cant emphasize it enough but used the right way, Hedo is a matchup nightmare. he can play the point, 3 or 4. plus, trading him now when his value is low is pretty much throwing him away. Everybody's hyped on a possible Gortat/Bass for Hedo trade, but if you look at it more closely, we already have davis, bargs, maybe amir at the 4. adding bass will be redundant. we can use gortat but im not sure if he can be used as a running big alongside demar, sonny and bargs. plus im not sure if he's a good shotblocker, which we desperately need.

trading calderon makes more sense. the guy doesnt whine so you can use him as a starter or a backup. he opens the floor with his threes and he's a pass first PG which teams mostly covet. good qualities but not what we need right now.
                            haha, so I guess we will just keep agreeing. The raps don't need anymore front court players even assuming Bosh is gone. I'd rather dump Turk for Curry than get Gortat and Bass. The raps have guys who can score, rebound, play defense and block shots. The front court should be good. I think a lot of people are sleeping on how good Davis is going to be and how good he will be right out of the gate.

I feel like if the raps trade Turk they will immediately search out another player with his skill set. I watched almost every game last year and cursed Turk for most of them, especially in 4th quarter where he played like he had money on the other team.

I don't really buy the whole system angle. I think he was out of shape, didn't have anyone who knew how to set a pick and mostly just missed shots. The 3's he would miss in the 4th quarter last year were the exact same shots he was hitting in Orlando.

If he drops some weight and becomes more mobile it should do wonders for his ability to roll of screens and take it the hoop without flailing his arms in the air like he got shot.

The raps need Turk more than they need to dump him. 10 million a year for a clutch shooting, match up nightmare who has actually been in the finals and not just sat courtside isn't someone you abandon after one bad year and a couple Turkish temper tantrums.

Comment

BC was at FAN 590 5 min ago. It was so obvious, as i said earlier on this thread, he is waiting for Bosh to decide before he take action for Hedo.

I can give him credit for it. He said Its more likely Bosh gone rather than sign here. He will be calling Team X, which Bosh is going to, and explore possibilities whether they are players or TE he will taking in return then decide which players are going to be needed, which positions will be empty. The dust which comes from Big FA's signs will be settling down at that that time also. Hedo's and Caldy's markets have to wait for a while.

Shortly, Dont expect much till at least July 8th from BC.

Comment

W/E the damage is done he doesn't want to be here and it would a disaster if BC cant get anything done and u have him around knowing he doesnt want to be there. Plus everyone will be all over him after every single game and blaming it on him not wanting to be in TO.
                                "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Comment

Working...
                                X