Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Colangelo: "I think itís likely that he will leave"

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Colangelo: "I think itís likely that he will leave"

    After months of saying he was not sure what his star player, Chris Bosh, would do come Thursdayís free agency, the Raptorsí president and general manager is now conceding that Bosh is probably leaving Toronto.

    ďI think itís likely that he will leave,Ē Colangelo told Prime Time Sports on the Fan 590 on Monday.

    Colangelo said a sign-and-trade between the Raptors and the team Bosh decides to go to is possible, but he did not guarantee it. He added that it might not be a player that comes in return, but a trade exception that would allow the Raptors to take on extra salary in a later deal.
    http://sports.nationalpost.com/2010/...aving-toronto/
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    ďAs a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to winĒ
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I fu***ng hate Twitter.

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Starter Mess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Posts
    648
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I listened to the whole segment on the Fan590. It was maybe 10 minutes long. He was asked about the chances of letting Bosh walk for nothing instead of taking back unattractive players. His answer was that he could get back non-player assets like a trade exception and picks which would be much better than letting Bosh walk and dropping below the salary cap by a limited amount.

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mess wrote: View Post
    I listened to the whole segment on the Fan590. It was maybe 10 minutes long. He was asked about the chances of letting Bosh walk for nothing instead of taking back unattractive players. His answer was that he could get back non-player assets like a trade exception and picks which would be much better than letting Bosh walk and dropping below the salary cap by a limited amount.
    I think the best thing to do is take back non-player assets. The Raptors will get more in player talent in the future for these non-player assets then they will now in a S&T.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    ďAs a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to winĒ
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Starter Mess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Posts
    648
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    About Hedo he said he didn't want to comment in detail about it, but he thought Hedo is attractive to teams around the league.

    He also mentioned he's concerned of having too much outgoing talent. He said that if both Bosh and Hedo are both gone the team may end up being not very good next year.

    Nothing about the PGs.

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic Rookie Vellassco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Izmir, Turkey
    Posts
    130
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I guess he mentioned something about trading TE to another team which is planing to sign FA. It seems he is having a plan on his mind to me.

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Starter Mess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Posts
    648
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think he was just explaining the benefit of getting a trade exception for the radio audience. Though I'm sure he does have a plan.

    At his short press conference after the draft he said they had 3-4 scenarios about moving up or 3/4 for moving down. So I think he's got plenty of scenarios planned out about this.

  8. #8
    Administrator Arsenalist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,233
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    I fu***ng hate Twitter.
    I'm with you dude, I mainly use it to chat with other fans during soccer games.

    I don't even know what the OP's trying to communicate here.

  9. #9
    Administrator Arsenalist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,233
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    I think the best thing to do is take back non-player assets. The Raptors will get more in player talent in the future for these non-player assets then they will now in a S&T.
    Whether to take back "non-player assets" might not be a choice. At this point you take what you can get, you don't call the bluff and dare him to walk because you will be left hanging.

    Fans who thought Babcock got robbed in the VC trade should just wait for the Bosh trade to happen.

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,331
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mess wrote: View Post
    I listened to the whole segment on the Fan590. It was maybe 10 minutes long. He was asked about the chances of letting Bosh walk for nothing instead of taking back unattractive players. His answer was that he could get back non-player assets like a trade exception and picks which would be much better than letting Bosh walk and dropping below the salary cap by a limited amount.
    good cause that's the only thing i want for him.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    987
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Arsenalist wrote: View Post

    Fans who thought Babcock got robbed in the VC trade should just wait for the Bosh trade to happen.
    This is little different. VC was our player and was not going anywhere. We could have sit his ass down on bench till we find the right deal.

    CB4 is a free agent and he can just walk so BC's option are pretty limited in comparison with BabCock.

  12. #12
    Administrator Arsenalist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,233
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
    This is little different. VC was our player and was not going anywhere. We could have sit his ass down on bench till we find the right deal.

    CB4 is a free agent and he can just walk so BC's option are pretty limited in comparison with BabCock.
    Colangelo knew this day was a good possibility when Bosh didn't sign an extension over the summer and then declined an extension in the winter. He was under contract at that time and could've yielded the Raptors a lot more than he will now. I'd say the two situations are more similar than different.

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic Starter Mess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Posts
    648
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    BC did somewhat mention that in the radio segment.

    He said there were offers on the table for CB at the trading deadline but he wouldn't go into details. He then said that everything at the time was looking fine, if they would have continued winning after the All Star break as they were before, they most likely wouldn't be in this situation. But the team tanked after the break (his words) and that's why he's got to try and get something good in return for CB.

  14. #14
    Administrator Arsenalist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,233
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mess wrote: View Post
    BC did somewhat mention that in the radio segment.

    He said there were offers on the table for CB at the trading deadline but he wouldn't go into details. He then said that everything at the time was looking fine, if they would have continued winning after the All Star break as they were before, they most likely wouldn't be in this situation. But the team tanked after the break (his words) and that's why he's got to try and get something good in return for CB.
    If that's the case, then Colangelo is an idiot. He can't tell the difference between when the team is playing well and when the team is playing a soft schedule. Let's look at that 8-1 stretch before the All-Star game:

    Wins: MIL, LAL, MIA, @NYK, IND, NJN, SAC, PHI
    Losses: @IND

    There you have it, we beat the Lakers and Bucks at home (after losing to the Bucks two nights before in Milwaukee). We had 6 home games and played two playoff teams in total here. That is an easy schedule and we took good advantage, yes, the team was playing well but only a very naive person would base big free-agent decisions on stretches like these.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •