Bosh Jersey Burning Party Tonight on Yonge Street

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vik wrote: View Post
    I don't understand why this is something to be proud of.

Lebron James will not be booed in Cleveland, except for maybe 5-6% of the crowd who will be drowned out by cheers.
    I don't think anyone will proud of anything over the 72 hours.

Bosh is going to be hated in Toronto unless he pulls out all the stops: meaning front page ads in the Star, Post and Sun, repeatedly reiterating how much he loved his time in Toronto, personally reaching out to the fans letting us know that he gave it his best all the time and wished it had turned out differently and most importantly not slamming anyone on his way out of town. In fact Bosh is going to have try really hard not to reviled and its not going to be anything close to how bad Bron is going to get it.

Your delusional if you think he can ever show his face outside of Akron again. Lebron is torn because he is abandoning Cleveland and causing it potentially billions of dollars, but maintaining his relationship to a smaller city close by. I don't even understand how he will be able to play in Cleveland again its going to be so ugly. Its worse than Jeter leaving the Yanks to play in Boston or, but living in Manhattan. Think Mike Brown (FEMA) trying to live in New Orleans.

Bosh's return to Toronto will be a 7.0 on the hate scale, The Return of the King will be a apocalyptic 9.9. Its bigger than Farve's return to Green Bay or Gretzky to Edmonton. I honestly wonder if Bron will be able to play the game.

Comment

Frankthetank wrote: View Post
      James you give no statistical evidence of Bosh's defense...
      I didn't include any stats in my response to your post because YOU posted ZERO statistical evidence to support your claim that Bosh's defense sucks.

Frankthetank wrote: View Post
      His defense sucks period stats don't lie. I wonder what his man averaged per game.
      WTF!?!! Are you for real?!?!? Seriously, this level of argumentative reasoning left me utterly speechless.

All I can say is that Rick James ain't got shit on you cuz cocaine is a helluva drug (1:30).

RR OG

Comment

Bosh has done the best he could for Raptors. He played hard from his first day as a Rookie till the last game he played for the Raptors.
        No one in their sane mind can question this guy's work ethic and the amount of effort and energy that he brought to this team in regular bases.

It was the organization that failed to provide him with the right players and this is why he is frustrated. Look at KG and what happened to him and what he said about leaving the wolfs.

Comment

Hate is a strong word

Personally, I think bosh is a wuss, however, I still think he is a great person who has given alot to this franchise. I'm kind of confused on how this is any different from Roy Halladay leaving the Jays to play for a contender. Should we boo and hate on the Doc as well? doubtfull that will happen, and I dont think is should happen with Bosh. I guess everyone who buys a ticket is welcome to do as they please when he makes his return to T.O, however I will cheer for him, not boo.

P.S, Bosh, you're still a pussy who cried from an elbow grazing your gazelle like face.

Comment

Jeez man ... get over it. CB4 didn't sign last time a maximum contract because he wanted flexibility and to see where this organization go during his active NBA period. Raptors organization prove nothing, I am not surprised or upset that CB4 leaves, although I hoped he will be back. If you want to gather together and protest, that should be against Raptors/MLSE high level management (Peddie?!?). They are the one that screws us over and over by not willing to go the extra mile by paying luxury tax and get good players able to contend for a championship.

Comment

while I agree bosh being hated is quite moronic, it's just another story of the scrutiny of Toronto Media.... at the end of the day we have had 1 great player leave our city which the fans fully accepted and that was the doc. The difference between how he left I feel was that baseball fans accepted he was "too good" for the Jays, and he needed to go and get a championship he had done so much for Toronto but he elevated his leave in the classiest way possible.

Bosh's leave from the raps is just flat out annoying, if he came out a while ago and said he wasn't going to play here instead of jerking with fans I'd be okay with it. The interviews in the media are getting rediculous he wants to be a #1, he wants to be a roleplayer ugh... he is saying whatever he can and is popping up in all the articles to stay relevant because during the NBA year he doesn't get that much attention outside of Toronto.

He could have gone about this in a much easier way which would have fans by his side but because he didn't you can't help but understand fans frustration with him leaving.

Comment

Vik wrote: View Post
                I'll take a page out of Buddahfan's book and draw an analogy to life.

Say that you are on a contract job. In a few months your contract is going to end. You need to start looking for your next job and to ensure that you get paid as well as you think you should. So you work your ass off the last few months before the contract ends and perform very well to highlight your skills and abilities. You've spent 7 years with the current company but there is not enough job satisfaction because you don't find the job rewarding enough. The company has made a few poor personnel decisions in the past, and has not made any real advancement itself against its competitors.

Now, near the end of the contract, you start to get all sorts of interest from competitors. But in order to maintain professionalism, you refrain from committing to anything and continue to work hard as always. All of a sudden, a couple of months before your contract expires, some of the competitors offer you promise of more rewards and greater incentives (aka championships/endorsement deals). This is a major life decision that means you will have to move - move from the place you've grown to call home, from the friends you've made, make new arrangements to see your kid, leave behind your colleagues, and start fresh somewhere else. It finally hits you that leaving your current position is actually something you need to consider. This starts to affect your job negatively. You are still working and performing well, just not at the same level. The company you work for also fails to kick things into high gear and deliver strong results.

As a result, you begin to realize that it might be time to move on. It's recruiting season and you have to make a whole bunch of networking trips - you have to go meet with other companies, and answer any questions regarding your decision. Only problem is that you cannot explicitly commit to anything yet. If you are getting strong interest from 4-5 competitors, and non-stop questions about what you are going to do, what do you do? Do you continually avoid the spotlight and shy away, possibly hurting your chances? Or do you network and put on a smile and go out there and give vague, non-committal answers that leave things open-ended? After all, you have to keep every door open until you can explicitly listen to all the offers and commit to something...

Keep in mind that there is strong speculation rampant because you've proven yourself to be among the best at what you do. So any flames you light with anything you say will be fanned by anyone with an interest until everyone hears what you've said.
                This is exactly what I have thought of this whole thing from the beginning. People ave been taking this whole thing very personally, like Bosh hates Toronto or something. The truth of the matter is that this is just business and Bosh's interest is making the most money for himself while creating a legacy with is next "employer". When and employee quits, you don't glare at him and tell him off every time you see them, you say hello and politely ask how things are going. Some of you "fans" really need to lighten up and put yourself in his shoes for a bit.
                "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Working...
                X