Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 67

Thread: Bosh Jersey Burning Party Tonight on Yonge Street

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    So it was just a joke. too bad. this city poured it's heart out for cb4 despite the fact that he was such an underachiever. that last game of the season he just walked out of the acc...no feigned goodbye or wave to the crowd, just a smirk and a face that said 'im outta here'.

    i agree with that dude that said cb is 'the enemy' now. he has expressed no allegiance to the team or the city, and is whoring himself mercilessly to reporters trying to beef up his exposure. 'miami is a contender', 'im waiting for lebron'...dude...go f*ck urself. arsenalist is right, zero class.

    people, cb4 does not give a f*ck about u or the raptors. hate to say it but u will have to let it go and realize he could care less about this fanbase. i absolutely cannot wait for his first game here on an opposing team. i hope demar knees him in the nuts like pierce...or maybe reggie will give him the kaman special

    all hail the NEW AND IMPROVED raptors

  2. #42
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,798
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote 6264 wrote: View Post
    +1. Any rational Raptors fan would understand that individuals players cannot win games within good/great/all-star players around them. In Bosh's case, he did whatever he could to make his team better. Honestly James, take the higher road and not reply to these people because I'm not sure if they're trolling or they actually believe that Bosh's jersey should be burned.
    im not going through the whole thread... but im pretty sure nobody has actually said "yes, i agree with burning his jersey"

  3. #43
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post
    You're comparison is completely off the mark.

    You can't compare a personal family relationship to a professional business career.

    I'll say it again.

    Answer the following question:

    If any of you put yourself in Bosh's shoes, would you, in all honesty, choose to re-sign with the Raps after having spent 7 seasons struggling to earn a playoff berth, given the numerous opportunities to play with SIGNIFICANTLY more talented teammates and have a legitimate chance to play in a NBA finals series and a realistic chance to win a championship?

    Answer the question and say you still hate Bosh.
    I completely disagree with your comment about my assessment being off the mark. The reason is simple

    In both types of relationships the party that is left holding the jersey has invested a lot of emotion and in some cases love into the relationship. They have given seven years of their life, now I am talking about the fans and jilted lover, not MLSE, to caring about this person, spent money on this person and put a great deal of their soul into this person.

    Then one day this person says "screw you, I don't care about your feelings. I need to take care of my own feelings and needs."

    Well fine for them. They are entitled to do that.

    However no one, unless they have never loved, can ever tell me with a straight and honest face, that when that person they invested 7 years of emotion and love in, gives them the finger for whatever reason that the person left behind is not going to be hurt and mad.

    Only a person incapable of feeling and love would not be frustrated and mad. Burning a jersey is a heck of a lot better way to help deal with these feelings of abandonment by a loved one than breaking store front windows, over turning cars, beating the dog etc.

    It is a healthy response to a normal healthy feeling that one gets when they have been jilted by someone that means a great deal to to them.

    If you or anyone can not grasp this I feel sorry for you because you have lived an emotionally empty life.
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Mon Jun 28th, 2010 at 11:48 PM.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  4. #44
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,798
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    So it was just a joke. too bad.
    except this dude... i think he'd burn his jersey

  5. #45
    Administrator Arsenalist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,213
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Vik wrote: View Post
    I'll take a page out of Buddahfan's book and draw an analogy to life.

    Say that you are on a contract job. In a few months your contract is going to end. You need to start looking for your next job and to ensure that you get paid as well as you think you should. So you work your ass off the last few months before the contract ends and perform very well to highlight your skills and abilities. You've spent 7 years with the current company but there is not enough job satisfaction because you don't find the job rewarding enough. The company has made a few poor personnel decisions in the past, and has not made any real advancement itself against its competitors.

    Now, near the end of the contract, you start to get all sorts of interest from competitors. But in order to maintain professionalism, you refrain from committing to anything and continue to work hard as always. All of a sudden, a couple of months before your contract expires, some of the competitors offer you promise of more rewards and greater incentives (aka championships/endorsement deals). This is a major life decision that means you will have to move - move from the place you've grown to call home, from the friends you've made, make new arrangements to see your kid, leave behind your colleagues, and start fresh somewhere else. It finally hits you that leaving your current position is actually something you need to consider. This starts to affect your job negatively. You are still working and performing well, just not at the same level. The company you work for also fails to kick things into high gear and deliver strong results.

    As a result, you begin to realize that it might be time to move on. It's recruiting season and you have to make a whole bunch of networking trips - you have to go meet with other companies, and answer any questions regarding your decision. Only problem is that you cannot explicitly commit to anything yet. If you are getting strong interest from 4-5 competitors, and non-stop questions about what you are going to do, what do you do? Do you continually avoid the spotlight and shy away, possibly hurting your chances? Or do you network and put on a smile and go out there and give vague, non-committal answers that leave things open-ended? After all, you have to keep every door open until you can explicitly listen to all the offers and commit to something...

    Keep in mind that there is strong speculation rampant because you've proven yourself to be among the best at what you do. So any flames you light with anything you say will be fanned by anyone with an interest until everyone hears what you've said.
    Now say while I'm under contract I publicly start asking everyone in the world what they think I should do, thus pissing off the shareholders of my existing company in the process, all the while making my existing company look really bad. Then I (while I'm still under contract) hold a public meeting with employees of other firms where I put myself up for sale, giving the impression to everyone watching that my existing company is crap and that I have zero intention of returning. Not to mention, telling "friends" and media "sources" the same, thus hurting any compensation my company would get for me.

    Of course, this is after you bail out on your company when they needed you most.

    Look, I understand why Bosh is leaving, as I wrote on ESPN two months ago, Bosh shouldn't be blamed for leaving town, it should be Colangelo who should be held accountable for not dealing with the situation.

    http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/p...423/chris-bosh

    But that doesn't change the fact that instead of dealing with the matter privately behind closed doors, he's let stuff leak out to the media via Twitter, his friends, and that stupid free-agent summit.

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    here, this is for u heinz:

    YES I WOULD BURN A BOSH JERSEY

    but then again, i don't own that maggot's jersey and never would. the best day for the raps will be when he signs with someone else and we can get to work. hopefully all u cb ballwashers will go join the 'heatrepublic' or 'cavsforum' or whatever and quit the whining

  7. #47
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    574
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    Good discussion going, but you guys do realize the comment was a joke right? That being said, I was gullible enough to originally believe it. No one was burning Bosh's jersey. Just a mocking of the all the protests that have been going on for the last couple days.
    I seriously contemplated running down with my old Bosh jersey. He doesn't deserve all the criticism, but everyone in Toronto already hates him and I don't care about him enough to defend him. For all those people who are defending him and justifiably so in many cases, are you really not going to boo that first night he strolls back into town in a new a uniform?

    He's leaving Toronto and hasn't been truly honest with the organization or fans for a long time, maybe even longer than we think. He's likely going down as an all time Toronto villain regardless of merit. Everyone is underestimating how smug and arrogant the new super team is going to be whether it be Miami or Chicago. Canada is about to go Jekyll and Hyde on Bosh and almost none of it will have anything to do with abilities on the court. Bron is going to have it worse in Cleveland, but the North American media is about to get a lesson in how petty and small Canadians can be when provoked.

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote mo-sales wrote: View Post
    I seriously contemplated running down with my old Bosh jersey. He doesn't deserve all the criticism, but everyone in Toronto already hates him and I don't care about him enough to defend him. For all those people who are defending him and justifiably so in many cases, are you really not going to boo that first night he strolls back into town in a new a uniform?

    He's leaving Toronto and hasn't been truly honest with the organization or fans for a long time, maybe even longer than we think. He's likely going down as an all time Toronto villain regardless of merit. Everyone is underestimating how smug and arrogant the new super team is going to be whether it be Miami or Chicago. Canada is about to go Jekyll and Hyde on Bosh and almost none of it will have anything to do with abilities on the court. Bron is going to have it worse in Cleveland, but the North American media is about to get a lesson in how petty and small Canadians can be when provoked.
    well said dude, well said

  9. #49
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    20
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Arsenalist wrote: View Post

    But that doesn't change the fact that instead of dealing with the matter privately behind closed doors, he's let stuff leak out to the media via Twitter, his friends, and that stupid free-agent summit.
    I'll give you the Twitter posts, and even some of the leaks even though none of it can actually be ever traced back to him. There are enough asses in the media like S.A. Smith to question the validity of any of those stories.

    Again, in his position, in order to maximize all his opportunities, he HAS to go out there and play the PR card.

    I am not the biggest Bosh fan and I will always be a Raptors fan first regardless of whatever happens, but I don't think Bosh deserves to be booed because he's looking out for his best interests and for the most part, has done so without compromising those of the Raptors organization.

  10. #50
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    20
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote mo-sales wrote: View Post
    ...but the North American media is about to get a lesson in how petty and small Canadians can be when provoked.
    I don't understand why this is something to be proud of.

    Lebron James will not be booed in Cleveland, except for maybe 5-6% of the crowd who will be drowned out by cheers.

  11. #51
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Arsenalist wrote: View Post
    Now say while I'm under contract I publicly start asking everyone in the world what they think I should do, thus pissing off the shareholders of my existing company in the process, all the while making my existing company look really bad. Then I (while I'm still under contract) hold a public meeting with employees of other firms where I put myself up for sale, giving the impression to everyone watching that my existing company is crap and that I have zero intention of returning. Not to mention, telling "friends" and media "sources" the same, thus hurting any compensation my company would get for me.

    Of course, this is after you bail out on your company when they needed you most.

    Look, I understand why Bosh is leaving, as I wrote on ESPN two months ago, Bosh shouldn't be blamed for leaving town, it should be Colangelo who should be held accountable for not dealing with the situation.

    http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/p...423/chris-bosh

    But that doesn't change the fact that instead of dealing with the matter privately behind closed doors, he's let stuff leak out to the media via Twitter, his friends, and that stupid free-agent summit.
    This has nothing to do with the "blame game". Maybe you are like most men that don't live in touchy feely Los Angeles where Metrosexuals dominate the CA scene like palm trees do the streets.

    This is all about feelings plain and simple. Some fans go through their whole life and their favorite athletes are nothing more than statistics in box score or highlight reals to ooh and ah over.

    Other fans get emotionally involved with their favorite teams and players. After all the word fan is short for fanatic and that is where it comes from.

    This is about emotions getting trampled on and in some cases for some fans having their chests ripped open and their hearts stabbed with the lightning fire of hell.

    For those fans who Bosh is nothing more than a statistic or storyline then yes their emotion at his leaving is probably no different than it was when he played for the Raptors.

    However of those to whom Bosh was an object of adoration and love, yes a lot of fans do actually love their favorite teams and players, they are in a lot of pain right now.

    So I say have some respect for the emotions of those going through a very difficult and painful loss.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  12. #52
    Raptors Republic Starter OzRapFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Gold Coast, Australia
    Posts
    353
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post
    Honestly, this is pathetic.

    Bosh has done absolutely nothing to deserve this level of hatred. After 7 season in Toronto, Bosh has every right and legitimately acceptable reason to leave the Raps to join a better team suited to his all-star talent, his desire to consistently excel and his lifelong dream to win at least 1 NBA championship. And keep in mind that after 7 seasons, Bosh's career is already more than halfway over.

    The worst part about all the negative opinions of Bosh now is the fact that none of us would re-sign with the Raps if we were in his shoes, which makes all of the now negative, hateful critics of Bosh the biggest bunch of fucking hypocrites imaginable.

    Fuck all you pieces of shit that organized and attended this "gathering of hypocrites".
    Well said, wouldn't it be funny if BC managed to land Paul or something and Bosh decided to resign and took the Raps deep in the layoffs, then we could see the hypocrites lining up to suck Bosh's dick.

  13. #53
    Administrator Arsenalist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,213
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Vik wrote: View Post
    I'll give you the Twitter posts, and even some of the leaks even though none of it can actually be ever traced back to him. There are enough asses in the media like S.A. Smith to question the validity of any of those stories.

    Again, in his position, in order to maximize all his opportunities, he HAS to go out there and play the PR card.

    I am not the biggest Bosh fan and I will always be a Raptors fan first regardless of whatever happens, but I don't think Bosh deserves to be booed because he's looking out for his best interests and for the most part, has done so without compromising those of the Raptors organization.
    Do you honestly think he needs to play the PR card? He's been bandied around as a big time free agent for two years now and it's pretty much established that he's going to get a max-deal with a team of his choosing (MIA, CHI, HOU etc.) so is there really a need play any cards?

    This isn't the same as Roy Halladay leaving town, that guy worked his ass off without any question in every game he played and didn't ever make a public deal about him playing on a losing team. Never. Ever. And he was a far superior baseball player than Bosh is a basketball one. You might think Bosh played hard, but I tend to have a slightly different viewpoint, I thought Bosh didn't make an effort in his first few seasons to get better in the off-seasons, he never developed a post-up game, didn't improve defensively and didn't develop into a leader that he pretended he was. Him going off on Jamario Moon in that Atlanta game was typical of him - pick on the weakest link on the team for making a defensive mistake when you made the same mistake a possession ago.

    If you look at his overall contributions to this franchise, there's not much to gloss over. At least Vince took us to the second round, put the Raptors on national TV on NBC, won a dunk contest, made people in US cities by Raptors jerseys, attracted a couple free-agents, Bosh has done none of that and people still want to put him on a pedestal of some sort (not saying you do).

    I think he should've told Colangelo at the deadline that he has no intention of re-signing and given him an opportunity to trade him (not S&T) and repay the Raptors for all the money they've given him. People act like his 7 years of service are a HUGE deal when the Raptors have paid him millions for accomplishing nothing (team-wise).

  14. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote OzRapFan wrote: View Post
    Well said, wouldn't it be funny if BC managed to land Paul or something and Bosh decided to resign and took the Raps deep in the layoffs, then we could see the hypocrites lining up to suck Bosh's dick.
    hypocrites eh, wow. u must live in oz, but since u r from down under u realize that we can breathe easy...bargs, dd, davis, money weems, johnson, hell maybe even turk will be better off with bosh long gone. being from oz u obviously agree that this team will be better with bargs as our leader too. we agree.

  15. #55
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,798
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote OzRapFan wrote: View Post
    Well said, wouldn't it be funny if BC managed to land Paul or something and Bosh decided to resign and took the Raps deep in the layoffs, then we could see the hypocrites lining up to suck Bosh's dick.
    arguing with hypotheticals is fun...

    would you suck derozan's dick if the raps finished next year in 9th or 10th in the east because that would mean they didnt get any worse even though they lost their "franchise" player?

  16. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Arsenalist wrote: View Post
    Do you honestly think he needs to play the PR card? He's been bandied around as a big time free agent for two years now and it's pretty much established that he's going to get a max-deal with a team of his choosing (MIA, CHI, HOU etc.) so is there really a need play any cards?

    This isn't the same as Roy Halladay leaving town, that guy worked his ass off without any question in every game he played and didn't ever make a public deal about him playing on a losing team. Never. Ever. And he was a far superior baseball player than Bosh is a basketball one. You might think Bosh played hard, but I tend to have a slightly different viewpoint, I thought Bosh didn't make an effort in his first few seasons to get better in the off-seasons, he never developed a post-up game, didn't improve defensively and didn't develop into a leader that he pretended he was. Him going off on Jamario Moon in that Atlanta game was typical of him - pick on the weakest link on the team for making a defensive mistake when you made the same mistake a possession ago.

    If you look at his overall contributions to this franchise, there's not much to gloss over. At least Vince took us to the second round, put the Raptors on national TV on NBC, won a dunk contest, made people in US cities by Raptors jerseys, attracted a couple free-agents, Bosh has done none of that and people still want to put him on a pedestal of some sort (not saying you do).

    I think he should've told Colangelo at the deadline that he has no intention of re-signing and given him an opportunity to trade him (not S&T) and repay the Raptors for all the money they've given him. People act like his 7 years of service are a HUGE deal when the Raptors have paid him millions for accomplishing nothing (team-wise).
    truer words have never been spoken. this should be printed on t shirts.

  17. #57
    Raptors Republic Starter Mess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Posts
    648
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I, for one, won't be booing Bosh when he comes back. I may be booing the NBA's version of the Yankees, but it won't be because he left Toronto.

  18. #58
    Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Almonte
    Posts
    4,060
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Guys, could we please lay off the falacio banter. I think we can get our points across without referring to sucking someone's dick.

  19. #59
    Raptors Republic Starter Mess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Posts
    648
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Arsenalist wrote: View Post
    This isn't the same as Roy Halladay leaving town, that guy worked his ass off without any question in every game he played and didn't ever make a public deal about him playing on a losing team. Never. Ever. And he was a far superior baseball player than Bosh is a basketball one.
    Good points. Not directed at you...

    If we apply some people's logic to your example, this means we should all hate Halladay for not bringing the Blue Jays any playoff wins.

  20. #60
    Raptors Republic Starter OzRapFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Gold Coast, Australia
    Posts
    353
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    arguing with hypotheticals is fun...

    would you suck derozan's dick if the raps finished next year in 9th or 10th in the east because that would mean they didnt get any worse even though they lost their "franchise" player?
    Maybe, he is kinda cute.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •