View Poll Results: Who should be the Franchise?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Demar DeRozen

9 36.00%
  • Bargs

6 24.00%
  • Other

10 40.00%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Demar DeRozan vs. Bargnani

Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Demar DeRozan vs. Bargnani

Who should we build around, Demar "Heir Canada" DeRozen or Andrea "Il Mago" Bargnani? This is not a question about who is a better player today or who should our number one option be next season, it's which piece should BC look at and say, "that's the guy we're going to try to compliment and build a team around". There is also the option of other if you want someone else like Ed Davis or maybe Amir.
    I think DeRozen is a better piece to build around, especially since we already have the sort of guys we'd need in Amir, Weems and Ed Davis. I want to ave the youngest most athletic team in the league come next season and I want the reins given to DeRozen.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

Post Thanks / Like

you can't build around a 2 guard but that doesn't mean you can't make him your franchise player.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    you can't build around a 2 guard but that doesn't mean you can't make him your franchise player.
    ...his names Kobe. Check him out, he's pretty good.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

Raptors Republic Rookie JalenRose5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

His name was Michael Jordan. He was a pretty good 2 guard as well.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Would also like to add D-Wade to that list...

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

You need both to be dominate. Look at the lakers if they didn't have the scoring, defense and rebounding of Gasol the lakers would be a 7-8 team in the west. CHampionship teams have three stars a guard star, a power foward/centre star and a defensive star. You must find three pieces to build around too won a nba championship. So I hope toronto builds around three stars in those positions. I see DeMar as the slasher scorer, barngani your do it everything big man, and maybe amir and sonny develop into defensive stoppers. We need some other pieces and hope these guys develop.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we build around both of them... as u can see from the celtics they build around 3 guys. We had a number 1 guy last year and look where that got us.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Neither of them has shown anything to be considered a Franchise player Yet.

AB was under the shadow of CB4 and this year is the year that he can come out and show us what he is really made of.

DD also did not show anything spectacular in his rookie season. It will be up to him to come in this year and elevate his game to the next level.

Right now, in Toronto's roaster, there is no real super star, franchise player.

Raptors Republic Rookie ovrproof's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Frankthetank;23474]You need both to be dominate. Look at the lakers if they didn't have the scoring, defense and rebounding of Gasol the lakers would be a 7-8 team in the west. CHampionship teams have three stars a guard star, a power foward/centre star and a defensive star. You must find three pieces to build around too won a nba championship. So I hope toronto builds around three stars in those positions. I see DeMar as the slasher scorer, barngani your do it everything big man, and maybe amir and sonny develop into defensive stoppers. We need some other pieces and hope these guys develop.[/QUOTE]

Shit i normally just cruise these forums, but i have to say this man is a dreamer... These guys are all shit on a good team... Weems played good for a couple of games and now he will be a serious guy? If thats one of our better players were in for some serious trouble...

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I would agree their was no super star last year. You don't need a true franchise player to make the playoffs. Look at the celtics, bucks, magic none of them have a player that scores over 20 consistently. All very good teams. The raptors need a team and team players they have lots of guys who can put the ball in the hoop. Its their defense that will make and break the team next year. The Raptors were 6-7 without bosh not much different from them with Bosh. THe raptors will play a different offense next year which will be free flowing not this walk the ball up and pass the ball to bosh in the post. Then you have bargni getting tonnes of mismatches on the pick and roll that they never got him the ball because the ball was going to bosh. the raptors will play more entertaining basketball next year.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

We need some other pieces and hope these guys develop.

thats why I said these guys need to develop into those roles

Raptors Republic Starter OzRapFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't know about DD yet, but HELL NO to Bargs he has less cahoonas than Bosh as a franchise player.

Post Thanks / Like

I voted "other" because neither of these guys have shown that they're anywhere close to being franchise players. In fact, right now they're barely good enough to even start and even that's debatable. I would like to believe that in the next year or so, DeRozan will prove himself to be a high quality wing but given his rookie year, he's more role player than superstar so let's not hold our breath. Now Bargnani, it's four years and counting and there haven't been many franchise players that struggled as much as he did in his first four years to suddenly turn it around and become the face of a franchise. Steve Nash comes to mind, but even he was decent his first few years.

Raptors Republic Starter GameBreaker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default DeMar: New Face Of The Franchise?

This is from DeMar's twitter page:

DeMar_DeRozan's Twitter page about 3 hours ago..

"Don't worry, I got us..."

Could he be referring to being the new face of the franchise?
    The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
    Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
    www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
    http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
    http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the Raptors should obviously build around Harrison Barnes. Oh, wait. They haven't drafted him yet, have they?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    I think the Raptors should obviously build around Harrison Barnes. Oh, wait. They haven't drafted him yet, have they?
    Yes this guy understands
    I really hope we get the chance to draft him next year, he would make an awesome wing combo with Demar
    We just have to sit through a pretty bad year but im okay with that

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Frankthetank wrote: View Post
    I would agree their was no super star last year. You don't need a true franchise player to make the playoffs. Look at the celtics, bucks, magic none of them have a player that scores over 20 consistently. All very good teams. The raptors need a team and team players they have lots of guys who can put the ball in the hoop. Its their defense that will make and break the team next year. The Raptors were 6-7 without bosh not much different from them with Bosh. THe raptors will play a different offense next year which will be free flowing not this walk the ball up and pass the ball to bosh in the post. Then you have bargni getting tonnes of mismatches on the pick and roll that they never got him the ball because the ball was going to bosh. the raptors will play more entertaining basketball next year.
    The difference is that most of those teams have consistent 20-ppg scorers who just choose not to score as much for the sake of ball movement. Those teams have multiple threats whom oppositions might usually double team. Bargnani and DeRozan are not at that level yet.

You're right, you don't necessarily need a true franchise player in the sense that the team revolves around one person. But you do need enough firepower to make defences have to pick their poison.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

You would have to project bargnani as 20 point score next year. Triano could just run pick and roll after pick and roll with the team thats esembled. Add two mobile big men in davis and amir and two wing athletes like weeks and derozan and scoring shouldn't be the problem.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Just because a player scores 20+ ppg doesn't make him a franchise player, and just because a player doesn't score 20 ppg doesn't mean he's NOT a franchise player. You guys get too caught up in numbers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information